What: some sort of MLR
Why: back to back runs
Last hard: sleeping still is
Last rest: 3/1

Happy Friday,  all :)

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Leaving Home Ain't Easy - Queen.

Glad your ankle is feeling better and all was well at the scan emzap.

I'm the same with the sleeping chicksta. Hope your run went well.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            we keep trying
    Last hard:    not cancelling tomorrow's tooth extraction
    Last rest:     10/1

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run at best

Why: back not improving/work
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that your back is no better Alehouse. Are you still working four days a week?
  • Options
    Morning..

+1 to Garmintrude.  Hmm - in that case I wear Tommy?

Good news altogether emzap.

Dustin: I paused, looked and went at the crossing but the car wasn't too be seen (behind the bend in the road).  400s sound tough.

Sounds like a good plan for your ultra Chicksta.  I'm not sure how to approach mine yet - if I have a good Hamburg mara I will potter round, if that goes badly I will be more interested in how long it takes.  I assume that running around your office doesn't mean around your desk..?? :D Might be quite a few laps for 20 miles.  Hope the MLR on top went well.

Wouldn't want that lurking in the background for tomorrow either LMH. 

Not so good news Ale.

What: rest day
    Why: haven't had one this week so far
    Last hard: just had to get cat no. 2 into the basket for a trip to the vets.  Paws, head and tail were not cooperative.  Bet OH is enjoying the yowling in the car.  Sometimes it would be easier to have a dog.
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Hope it's nothing serious with your cat Hazel. I'm really not good with dentists so it's been a battle not to cancel the appointment as I'm no longer in pain from the tooth but my sensible head says that it's going to have to come out at some point and now will be less disruptive than if I wait until it's an emergency and the timing may be worse for VLM. I expect I'll be unable to run on Sunday but hope it's just the one day but you never know with the risk of bleeding/infection etc. Better to lose the time now if I'm going to. I thought of you as I had breakfast this morning - have you tried the almond non-milk on your porridge yet?
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics no although a song is going round in my head so I will have to check!!
    emzap, great news re scan and ankle, hope lucas is ok
    hazel hope your cat is ok
    wp, glad you are better, love Garmintrude!
    alehouse, how is your back doing? have a nice short run, take care
    lmh, bless I get you re dentist! Enjoy your short run
    Chick  have a good MLR

What: easy peasy 1+ mile
    why: off to Physio with giant hands later for a painful shoulder
    last hard: this morning, very early!!
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Oh dear I am doing parly hill tomorrow, should be fun!!!!
    Have a great weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Hope kitty is alright, Hazel. Always such a worry with pets. Trust me, manhandling a dog onto the vet's table is no mean feat either (it may be ok for small dogs but mine were always big ones, completely freaking out before I'd even parked the car in the vet's carpark!).

Sorry to hear your back is still sore, ale

Don't envy you that tooth extraction, LMH but agree, better be over and done with. I should have had root canal part two on Wednesday but I must have been totally out of it when I made the appointment (it was straight after root canal part one and I was drugged up to my eyeballs). I'm covering for a colleague on Wednesdays so a dental appointment at 10am wouldn't have made much sense. Now rescheduled for 17th Feb.

MLR was horrid, but I'd half expected it to be. Freezing fog and wind, my least favourite weather combo. Plus my legs had nothing in them. HR refused to budge - was stuck at 121 and legs were completely wooden. But more miles in the bank - another 12 done. Now for an easy weekend :)  

• Options
    Kitty is fine thanks - just the annual check-up and injection.   Already back home and well behaved apparently. 

Sensible regarding the tooth LMH. 

Sore shoulder Wabo?  Enjoy that start line charge tomorrow - seen videos of it.

Well done on the MLR chicksta.  It is runs that like that toughen you up mentally as much as physically.  Easy weekend sounds like a nice treat.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all & Happy Friday
    Chick - cracking mileage this week, maakes me feel pedestrian...
    Poppy - love the garmin name!
    Hazel -ekk with kitty, hope all OK?
    LmH - quite right re tooth, get it done, move on...
    Ale - maybe you need the antispetic qualities served in the alehouse to ease the back troubles?
    Wabo - I'll look out for you tomorrow!

What - probably nothing. maybe a few easy
    Why - chest/throat troubles descended yesterday and feel like a typical male with any kind of health issue.
    Last Rest - maybe today if not 04/01
    Last Hard - yesterday. Took the senior session of 8-10x400s, I was never going to go full out but struggled to do 8 and barely dipped below 8m/miling. Felt cold, heavy and just not with it.
    Bodes well for Parliament Hill...I'm going up as team manager anyway but if this drops to the chest I'm thinking 15km on testing terrain isn't the best course of action.....

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    the shoulder started when I hurt my back with the cough thing, and has stuck around, so I thought best get some work on it!
    Dustin look to the back of the magnificent start blue and white hoops! What club are you?
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Morning all

Boy number 3 finally succumbed to the bug and vomited all night. I fear I'm just waiting for the inevitable now.

Managed 9 miles on Wednesday with 5x 1k just over 4 mins in the middle, then easy 5k yesterday.

Good luck with the sore backs and shoulders and ankles, and hope you get over your infection Dustin, you haven't been to Wuhan in the last week or so have you?

Good luck tomorrow Wabo and possibly Dustin

Reading those miles make my legs ache. But make me want to try a local 50k race in June

• Options
    Sorry to hear that chamolk. Hope you somehow avoid it.

Please take it easy Dustin. A day off when you have been feeling tired and heavy legged and you now have a cold would make much more sense. It's going to be a long day out at Parly Hill whether you run or not.

Hope the physio can sort your shoulder Wabo.

Hope you have something nice planned for the weekend chicksta.

Glad your cat is ok Hazel.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Correct LMH - I just need someone to tell me....Besides I just looked out the window and all a bit grim over the O2...
    Good luck chamolk avoiding the bug. I had crispy duck and pancakes last weekend, does that count?
    Wabo, I'll look out for you near the top of the "start" hill - alongside the club tents/flags. 
    I'm with Basingstoke & Mid Hants (amber vest, red & black trim)

• Options
    I'd suggest taking the opportunity to carb load a little instead Dustin  :)
  • Options
    Oh Dustin sometimes we need someone to look in from outside and say rest daytoday and as LMH has said cake loading :)

Chamolk: Blimey I hope you avoid coming down with it.

Chick: Enjoy the weekend youhave earned it with the training you are putting in!!

Wabo: I hope all goes well tomorrow and you spot Dustin:-)

Hazel: enjoy rest day and hope Kitty is happier coming out of vets:-)

Ale: Good luck with back!!

LMH: A busy week with body and health care this week for you !

I am glad everyone like Garmintrude  :)

Today i took a step back yesterday I felt so tired and wiped out and same today so down graded to 2.2 miles today and a walk.I have to sensible I have a race a week Sunday 10 miler.My back played up yesterday either lifting hubby off sofa or crunches and floor work.

In the plus column I am fully recovered from fall apart from scabs ready to fall off. :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Dustin: have tried your advice (and will be trying again this evening); doesn't seem to be working! 

Easy week next week, WP: better slightly under-trained than over!

LMH: have worked just under four days a week for the last three. As yet I don't know if I am required next week.

Chamolk: trust it is a child-only illness!

Short run d&d. GP shortly re osteoporosis; will see what she thinks about the back, also.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Oh no, not another victim on here, poppy. The bench is currently full ;)  Well done on being sensible

15k is a hell of a long way for an xc race, Dustin. Please keep the sensible hat on.

Ouch re. shoulder, wabo. Good luck for tomorrow.

Glad the cat is OK, Hazel

Tasty pace for those 1k reps, chamolk.

No big plans for the weekend, LMH. Just hanging out with some friends and also seeing mum and dad. Mum wanted a tablet so I got her one but like most elderly people she's a bit useless with technology, bless her. So we're going to do a bit of a live tutorial. I also fancy the prospect of a lie-in and a short easy run in daylight. Although knowing my body I bet I'm wide awake at 5 anyway  :|

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: a walk with a very grumpy little  boy, plus arm work out lifting said grumpy little boy
    Why: it's my job
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics: nope

Think his jab sites hurt. Gin tasting for me tonight so at least I get a nice break then!

Ale fingers crossed with gp.
    Chamolk oh no!
    Poppy feel better soon
    Dustin enjoy cake loading
    Good luck with tooth lmh (dentist on Saturday?)

Have a lovely evening all
  • Options
    Sometimes doing nothing much is exactly what's required chicksta.

Sorry to hear you felt rough again Poppy.

When will you know if you are back next week Alehouse? Hope the doctor has some answers.