Options

Sunday 9th February 2020 - Don't know why

Morning.

Lyrics - Don't know why
             There's no sun up in the sky

Nice running when you're on nights chamolk. Hope you had a quiet one. If you're not veggie The Runner's Cookbook is probably the best one though Mark (who is definitely carnivorous) likes a lot of the recipes from The Vegetarian Athlete.

A shame you didn't get to do the race Wabo.

Wet, wild and windy here with the worst to come if the Met is correct. I'm actually pleased I'm not worrying about trying to run today. I will go to the gym though and do something other than just my little program if only a short swim and a lounge in the sauna. I rarely venture into the spa side so it will make a change and pass some time.

What:          not a lot
Why:           storm/knee
Last hard:   managing the knee and marathon training
Last rest:    4/2

Yesterday's lyrics - When The Wild Wind Blows - Iron Maiden.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Exactly the same lyrics that I was setting!

What: short run plus fitness suite

Why: see title of lyrics
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Just home, night wasn't too bad. Going to sleep and see if I can do a few easy miles after I get up later.

Enjoy the spa LMH, and enjoy the gym ale

Lyrics no
  • Options
    Morning,

What Nowt running but will do my Wii programme
    Why 68mph gusts
    Last hard: The weather
    Lyrics: Yes

Yesterday a brilliant 6 miles over the hills fastest for 2 years :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Sleep well, chamolk and hope you can get out later.

Sounds like a great run, poppy.

I'm the same at my gym, LMH. I'm usually there before work, so no time to enjoy the nice stuff, just there for the hard graft.

What: 3.5 miles
    Why: run cut short as the wind was simply ridiculous
    Last hard: looking at the forecast... Next week is going to be a write off.
    Last rest: 30/1
    Lyrics: yes
  • Options
    Hope you get some good sleep and reasonable weather to run in chamolk. My span of attention is a bit too short to enjoy the spa, I don't do just sitting very well but a short swim and a quick sauna and steam passed the time whilst Mark was running.

It's bad here chicksta - wind gusting over 60mph, trees down, local country park closed due to the risk of more trees coming down.

That's good to hear Poppy.

It's so strange not to have a good run to do I have mostly passed the morning baking soda bread and making granola.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    A good battering in Storm Ciara... wet and windy to say the least but a solid long run (for me) of 6.37m..... at 10mm.

so 21m for the week, and followed up with a solid but hard parkrun at Lydiard park yesterday

Mind and body still up and down like a yoyo.

getting some races booked up too, as my aim is a race a month through out the year.... Winchester 10k in two weeks... (and seeing as I cannot do VLM, doing the next best event in London, the Vitality 10000 in May :-)

Take care all
  • Options
    Great running WP.

Hope everyones' rooves are still firmly attached.

Sauna and steam sound nice LMH.  Can imagine your kitchen smelt good.

Did you get out after your sleep chamolk?

Good running RFJ. Well done on braving the elements.

What: 18.6 long run
    Why: need to start getting the longies done
    Last hard: the last 6 uphill miles dragged on.
    Last rest: 3.02

Lyrics: no. Guess they are weather related

• Options
    Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    It was so bad at one point today Hazel that the rain actually came through our double glazing - I take it you had better weather for your long run? The kitchen did smell good especially when the granola was in the oven as I tend to use quite a lot of cinnamon. I do like making the granola and being able to adapt it to taste. The recipe I have is so simple too. Lyrics are indeed weather related.

I hope the running is helping you to cope RFJ. I know I don't do so well without it.
  • Options
    Got 5 easy miles done just before it got dark - 36 miles this week. Storm well eased here, though we've another weather warning starting midnight tonight for snow and rain, right in the middle of my last night shift.

Granola sounds nice LMH, might try making my own - I've been on a drive to try and make more things myself from scratch, rather then buying them. Your rain sounds pretty bad, hope its easing. 

Well done on the long run Hazel, I've got 18 planned for next weekend, need to start getting my distance upped a bit too.

Hope the Wii was good fun /fitness poppy.

Hope today's run helped RFJ