Options

Monday 10th February 2020 - Get your head down baby

Morning

Today's lyrics (not the first line):

Get your head down baby - yeah - we're gonna ride tonight

Storm turned up here sometime last night but not too dramatic where I live - windy on the hills though - well over 80mph.

What: rest day fortunately - will have a stroll around the village later hopefully
Why: Monday and I'm not running in that
Last rest: today

Have a good start to the week everybody

Comments

• Options
    Morning,

Take care Hazel with the winds and very sensible.

Chamolk: I hope you got home from nightshift okay and no snow.I like the Wii it is fun I have a good programme that used swiss ball, step and weights and only 30 minutes, I did add in the boxing which is fun:-)

What 6.2 miles
    Why: Let up  with the wind
    Last hard Yesterday and Storm Ciara
    Lyrics: Yes

I ran hill route lots of branches down but that was all I saw, although a tree looked like it would fall over if we got any more  winds.I did see two other runs which is unusual but this time 5.30am was the best time before they whip up again.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Hazel, chamolk - great long runs
    RFJ - well done with the continued mileage
    Wabo - shame you couldn't make your race
    Dibs - lovely to see you! Sorry I can't help about HR training..
    LmH - Black Bean Brownie, now I'm intrigued!

A busy weekend
    Saturday my club hosted the final XC race of the series. Blue skies, light breeze, no rain. Perfect!
    Few last minute hitches with marshals. I know they are volunteers but if the first race is midday and I suggest an 11:45 briefing, don't turn up at 12:05....
    Dust finally settled so I donned the spikes for the men's race at 2:30. 6.5 miles, didn't go too mad -instead just enjoyed a run in the sun. 48.30ish so not too bad, but hardly super fast either.
    Sunday - popped out depsite the howling winds for 11 miles over the fields. Wanted more but in those conditions you do what you can. Legs still a bit mangled too. 
    Afternoon on club admin, pretty much up straight now with summer league dates all finalised and team mangers all in place. 

Today - easy lunchtime 
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 15 days
    last hard - yesterday 
    lyric - not sure I do
    Oh and my first born is 22 today, where did that time go..??

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Stormy Weather by Etta James.

Happy Birthday to Ms D. Dustin I was most surprised that my MiL really rated the brownies - you should try them, very easy to make too.

chamolk - I found lots of overly complicated, long winded, faffy recipes when I was first thinking of making granola which put me off but then I came across the recipe that I have adapted for use now, 30 minutes to make so if you'd like the recipe let me know.

Hope you get out for your walk Hazel. I just made it back from mine this morning before we had a very heavy sleet shower.

Glad conditions were ok for your run Poppy.

My knee is unhappy walking so no run for me today.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Morning!

Stormy weather here still as well. I had in mind Billie Holiday's version but there are lots of others.

What: 37 minutes

Why: last minute decision to run with M74. He has been ill so not our usual hour or so. Glad it wasn't as that was enough for my back today. Hamstrings not happy either; don't think glutes are firing properly. Have not been doing the glute exercises much because of my back. Vicious circle! Generally optimistic though!

Sounds a good running weekend, Dustin. 22? Just a youngster; mine are all over 30.

Sorry to hear no running, LMH. More gym?

Lyrics: not today
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Not today Alehouse. 
  • Options
    Hope your house is dry again, LMH.

Great weekend running, Dustin. Happy birthday to your eldest.

We lost a fence but other than that we had a lucky escape.

Weather is still absolutely horrid - rain, sleet and 50-60mph gusts. I walked to the shops and will do some s&c later but not running in that.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    AFTERNOON ALL
    LMH sorry to hear your knee is still not playing ball, I am sure one of my running buddies was talking about black beans in brownies the other evening
    hazel, have a nice restful day
    alehouse good t hat you're optimistic, I do see what you mean with the vicious circle!
    Dustin as always you have had a busy weekend, re my race, I heard that it was a new course and lots of runners were heading the wrong way and being called back, exactly why I didn't want to go alone.  Next year hopefully. Hope your 22 year old has a g ood day
    poppy glad you got out in better weather for your run!

What: 3 ish later
    why: dropping car to a mechanic for timing belt then running home
    Last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Wabo - I gave one to my MiL without telling her what the secret ingredient was obviously - and she raved about them!

chicksta - no more water intrusion so far but see below.

Have just got home from work, fortunately finished early as I left my windowless room and exited the building to find that it is snowing heavily, settling and causing chaos with the traffic already - what on earth is going on with our weather?
  • Options
    Crikey, snow, LMH. Not keen on that. The sleet showers are bad enough. And it looks like it's going to stay like this for another couple of days. Gym tomorrow then.

Good multi-tasking, wabo.
  • Options
    OH travelling curse hits again.
    < rant>
     Weather squall  caused delay leaving Zürich on Air France  compounded by further delays getting airborne.

Touched down Paris CDG 40 min before connecting flight to Aberdeen, further 10 minutes to get off plane.

Sprinted (literally) from T2F to T2E including passport check.
    Arrived at gate to be told "You are too late. The flight has closed."
    All onwards flights fully booked today. Now redirected via Manchester and Aberdeen on FlyBe tomorrow and weather set to continue ...

Air France was aware that there were passengers on Zürich flight connecting to Air France to Aberdeen.

Thinking semantically, the "correct" response to the gate staff's "You are too late" might have been "No, you (Air France) were too late (from Zürich)".
    Am 100% sure that there would not have been a different outcome though.
    </rant>

So other than sprint between terminals no exercise to report today and looking like none tomorrow. (There is a small pool  in  airport hotel but swimming togs are somewhere with baggage)

Last hard: gate K21
    Last rest: Thursday

As usual don't know lyrics but can think of one that might be appropriate for tomorrow! ;)

Good 2 days skiing with youngest daughter however  :)
  • Options
    Evening!

I hate CDG at the best of times, OH! I can feel your frustration! I guess you will only be at Manchester airport briefly...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.