Options

Thursday 13th February 2020 - Swing low, could be the last call for two of us

Morning.

Lyrics - Swing low, could be the last call for two of us

Nice tempo miles chamolk and weather dodging OH.

Hope you feel better this morning chicksta.

We had a lot of rain overnight so I'm expecting more flooding (the river was over on Sunday and the water hasn't all receded) with the next storm due to bring heavy rain again at the weekend it could be time to build that ark :-(

What:           hopefully more running
Why:            trying to make London comfortable if not fast
Last hard:    staying sound and upbeat
Last rest:     11/2

Yesterday's lyrics - Hope by Shaggy.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

That flooding seems to be quite a regular occurance LMH.  Are there plans afoot to improve the situation over time?  How is your knee today?

Hope the cold comes to nothing Chicksta. 

Good timing indeed OH.

Nice tempo intervals chamolk.  Good progression!

What: hopefully an MLR
    Why: plan
    Last hard: being time-efficient.  Have a bad habit of finishing work pm and then not getting going again with other tasks and getting out for a run.
    Last rest: 10.02

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Fortunately we still have a flood plain Hazel so generally the flooding is nothing more than an inconvenience with some of the trails and roads rather wet. Not sure there's much that can be done to improve the situation. It's rare that we have this much rain - can't remember a winter as wet for so long. Hope you get your MLR in. Knee feels as though it will allow a run. Fingers crossed.

Heavy rain now forecast from 0900hrs <<sigh>> best dig my OMM jacket out and get going.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    OH - good that the bag found it's way home, and impressive weather dodging!
    Chamolk - decent pace for the 2mile reps
    LmH - good luck out there...

What - very easy run, maybe some strides, U11 coaching
    Why - easy day
    Last rest - 26/01
    Last hard - Tuesday LT set, or QoP last night - did some "hip realignment" type manipultaion as it was causing my glute / hamstring issue. Fk me that hurt. Oh and messed with my diaphragm too - appparently that was compressed - possibly a result of the lingering virus restricting my breathing. 
    Battered and bruised, but to be fair, better this morning. 

• Options
    Nothing from me for past two day sickness bug and still feeling out of sorts.So hopefully tomorrow I will feel up for it.

OH Glad you were reunited with bag

Dustin: Ooh smelly cycling kit yuck.

Chick: I hope you are feeling better.

Group hugs xx

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning!

Forecast is dry here...so currently raining...

What: short run, fitness suite

Why: Thursday

A quick break for Popmaster and from marking. Not too much left, hopefully.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    You're doing well to feel better after that today Dustin - usually takes me a good couple of days to get over the tender ministrations of my physio.

Sorry to hear that you are ill again Poppy.

Funnily enough I managed to complete my run in the dry Alehouse - raining now though (forecast dry all afternoon........)
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Short run d&d, and it was dry, although puddly underfoot. Back knew I had run, or it might well be from all the sitting marking for hours on end.

And I feel the pain Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Ouch Dustin! I felt a bit similar after my session last week and still have a bruise lingering at the back of my thigh. I do bruise very easily, so it's nothing to be concerned about. 

Glad you managed dry runs, LMH and ale. Same here re. wet winter. Usually it's cold and windy here with occasional snow. This much rain is very unusual but I read something about the jet stream being back with a vengeance (after it was pronounced dead).

Oh no, poppy - sorry to hear you're under the weather again. 

Hazel: kudos for getting out after work. I couldn't. I just have to get everything out of the way before work unless I manage a quick blast in my lunch hour.

chamolk: great session yesterday

No change here. Not feeling any better but thankfully no worse either, so I did more of the same. Very nearly ventured outside for a short run but black ice put paid to that. Instead I drove to the gym (very gingerly as the gritters hadn't been out yet).

What: 5 miles on the TM, 45mins of s&c
    Why: being careful 
    Last hard: being careful
    Last rest: 10/2
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Didn't get son out to run, but we did walk
    chick glad you are no worse! 
    Poppy sorry yo're poorly, take care
    dustin battered and better, thats kind of good!
    hazel hope it was a good MLR
    OH glad your bag is back, shame about t he washing!
    LMH hope you had a good run, hope the knee doesn't moan tomorrow
    Alehouse nice running and did you score well on pop master?

what: 3 miles later, maybe with some speedier spurts!
    why: why not
    last hard: yesterday double
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a g ood day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Popmaster score was rubbish, Wabo!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lol one of those days alehouse!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Zilch
    Micturition syncope @ 4 am resulting in gashed forehead requiring stitches etc in A+E. Bloods and ECG ok.
    However no further play today and weekend trip cancelled.
    Last hard: the door lintel!
    Last rest: today (enforced)
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that OH, hope you heal well and quickly. Is Els still going to run?
  • Options
    No, trip all cancelled
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Oh no oh get well soon

Sorry been awol, Lucas ill now I think hub and I are getting ill.  Had mummy mot yesterday, very worthwhile and highlighted a number of minor problems.  

Have a good evening