Options

Monday 17th February - And when you're out there, without care Yeah I was out of touch

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Morning all
Quick post while in bed perusing a little run this morning more later
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    My run was very good yesterday just under 6 but like lmh said paths in Epping were flooded like I've never seen. At one point we waded through something like a stream that is usually a Bridle path! 
    By the time I got home I was soaked right through
  • Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - The Show Must Go On - Queen.

No work today Wabo?

Nice accidental long run RFJ.

chamolk - one tactic I use to start steady on long runs is to make each quarter a slightly faster average than the previous one and i always aim for a negative split so there's a good incentive to start steady.

That is a great long run with those marathon pace miles Hazel.

Still windy here at the minute though that's due to ease, unfortunately we are forecast more rain.

What:           hopefully a MLR
    Why:            didn't manage it yesterday/limited opportunities this week
    Last hard:    fitting this in before work 
    Last rest:     11/2

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: hoping for something longer, but unfortunately on my own as M74 is not playing today

Why: trying to get back to it. Hope my paths are not too wet.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning

that's a shame Ale - hope M74 is ok.

Good wading Wabo.  Enjoy your little run later. 

Good luck with finding somewhere to run for your MLR LMH. 

Have a good start to the week everybody.

What: possibly a short recovery to loosen up the legs, otherwise a brisk walk
    Why: sitting at a desk for several hours won't do them any good as stiff this morning.
    Last hard: yesterday's run
    Last rest: 15.02.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Nice runninmg RFJ
    Ale - shame about M74 but hope you get a nice run in

What - easy lunchtime
    Why -recovery
    last rest - 26/01
    last hard - Saturdays trail miles I guess
    lyric - possibly
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning again
    yes I am at work LMH, had to drop some cash to the car man for my brake pads (they need doing now).
    Dustin enjoy the easy
    hazel I know that sitting a the desk thing! Enjoy the leg loosener
    alehouse hope m74 is ok, enjoy your run
    LMH enjoy the MLR that is a  good tip!

What: 1.5 miles dropping cash off, 3 miles later
    why: to quote poppy miles make smiles
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
  • Options
    Morning again!

M74 is fine: off on a long family walk!

What: just over 45 minutes, largely off road

Why: need to get back to it. Longest run since January 13th I think. Hard work: thanks for the company everyone over the last 10 minutes!

If you didn't know about the recent storms you wouldn't know about the recent storms! Water levels much lower than anticipated, all puddles could be negotiated and the debris from the trees was no real hazard! Long may it stay that way!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    A bit of a later start than usual then Wabo?

You are very fortunate Alehouse - mega amounts of flooding here, discovered yet more places impassable that I have never seen flooded before. A nice driver gave me a lift through two bits only for us to encounter a stretch that was too deep for him to drive through.

Hope you can get out for a walk Hazel - all this sitting down definitely isn't good for us.

Enjoy your lunchtime run Dustin.

I am having a weird morning. Rushed around to get out in time to fit a MLR in before work. Mega flooding meant loads of little out and backs when I encountered impassable bits, changes of route, little loops to make the distance up. Windier than forecast but of course as I wore my jacket the forecast rain didn't materialise (not that I'm complaining!). Home to find that my first two students aren't coming in so I don't need to be on site until 1300hrs and the minor op tomorrow has been cancelled due to an emergency so i now have all day tomorrow and can run Wednesday morning as usual.............
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Surely that's good news, LMH. Always nice to have more time for running than originally thought.

Great MP sesh yesterday, Hazel. I can safely say that I definitely never ran those sessions too fast. I kept consoling myself with the fact that it's the effort that counts. So you're in a really good place.

Looks like your area escaped the worst of the weather, ale.

We're lucky here in terms of geography. It's marshland but the Dutch came by in the 17th century and dug a sophisticated network of ditches, installed a couple of windmills (which have long been replaced by hydraulic pumps) to change the swamp into farmland. The system still works and any excess water ends up being pumped into the river.

What: 10k on the TM and strength work before hitting the dentist's chair for root canal part 2
    Why: still too windy for my liking
    Last hard: root canal
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh, no I started 8.30, normal time. I woke before my alarm funny enough, set for 6.50, usually I shoot out by about 7 have a run or drive straight here to do tai chi. Lots going on today with you!
    chick hope root canal is soon to be done!
    alehouse, nice running and I am glad m74 is good!

• Options
    Afternoon

What 6.15 miles
    Why:because I can
    Last hard:Illness/weather
    Lyrics No

Another good run this morning still sleeping 12+ hours but body must need it:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Our rivers are all in flood chicksta. Yes but no on the changes, great to have more time for running but I could have delayed the MLR until tomorrow when it wouldn't have been as stressful to try and fit it in and conditions should be better and Mark had taken tomorrow off to take me to hospital - and it would be nice to know for sure that the lump they want to biopsy is benign. Hope the root canal work is finished now?

You have a late start to your morning Wabo - we're usually up before 0600hrs.

Great that you're feeling better enough to have these good runs Poppy.
  • Options
    Funeral this morning (fitting farewell to a great 95 yo)
    5k loop after worst of wind and wet
    Why: Monday evening
    Last hard: the weather! (but not as bad as most of country)
    Last rest Thursday
    Lyrics nope

Rocking my unilateral "eyeshadow" look  LOL