Options

Wednesday, 19th February - For all those who stood up and were counted

Morning :)

Lyrics: For all those who stood up and were counted

I can hear the wind howling and there may be rain but I have about 7 weeks until I need to run 56k, so I better get off that lazy derrière ;)

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Alright For Now - Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers.

Hope the weather isn't as bad as it sounds chicksta.

That's good to hear Wabo.

Cold here this morning but the rain isn't forecast to start until midday and the weather worsens after today so I'm going to try to get my LSR done. It will be a little tight before work and I don't know where I'm going to be able to run but I figure you can make excuses or you can make it happen..............wish me luck.

What:          hopefully LSR
    Why:           my clock is ticking too
    Last hard:   marathon training this year has been hard
    Last rest:    11/2

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Chick - hope the dentist went OK
    Wabo - good commuting skills!
    OH - eek, hope the ecg results are good news
    LmH - annoying with cancelled appointments. My follow up eye consultation scheduled in December was cancelled 2 hours before, then rescheduled for March, then cancelled and rescheduled for May, then cancelled and rescheduled for April...not holding my breath about that but clearly they aren't too worried!

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - taking it easy
    last rest - Monday. Was supposed to run lunchtime but got sruck with some kind of stomach bug. Lets just say I didn't want to stray too far from a bathroom. Left work early and spent 16 hours in bed/bathroom and could only face food again yesterday afternoon. Went training last night but was merely jogging round to get some air.
    last hard - past 48 hours

• Options
    Morning!

Hope you got a decent run in, Chick, and that yours is long, LMH!

What: a run of some description, hopefully around 40 minutes again

Why: getting back to it

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning

Good attitudes LMH and Chicksta. 

Shame I will miss you Chicksta.  Maybe you could drop me your train number then I can keep an eye on progress and the crossing point (to liven up a 9 hour journey..)

Good news you have a replacement appointment LMH.

Good luck with the tests OH.

Sympathies and get well soons Dustin.  Hope you can brush that off quickly but take care.

Good commuting Wabo. 

Interesting regarding the doubles chamolk.  Keep us posted on how that feels.

What: not sure.  Either a 10 miler GA or 12 MLR.  Will see when I get out.
    Why: juggling around this weeks plan to accomodate a 10k on Sunday
    Last hard: working at all today as the connection to work keeps crashing.  But if no-one will help fix it then things will just take longer - tough.
    Last rest: 17.02

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I meant my running is feeling a bit easier you probably guessed!
    hazel  I know that juggling feeling, I am sitting doing it now! Hope it goes well
    alehouse, have a good run
    dustin enjoy the lunch time run
    LMH have a good lsr
    Re the weather I literally was about 100mtres from home when the rain came last night
    chick I am sure your derriere is anything but lazy :D
    lyrics are familiar
    What: about 4.5 later
    why: just trying to keep good miles and some bumps thrown in
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    I knew what you meant Wabo.

Sorry to hear that you've been ill Dustin. Take it easy for a couple of days eh? That is a lot of messing around with your appointments.

It was Alehouse - though it was a bit fraught in places and took some imagination on the route - not to mention a bit of a stern talking to at one point. Done now though.

Frustrating about the internet connection Hazel. Hopefully a run will help to dissipate the stress.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Afternoon!

Glad you banked it, LMH!

I sense the internet frustration, Hazel!

Sorry to hear that you are not at your best, Dustin!

What: 40 mins

Why: balancing risk and reward. 

Icy rain for most of it but at least the wind dropped when the precipitation started! Didn't feel great for the first 15 mins, then got going but the last five minutes seemed a long time! Saw younger son out on his horse for a brief chat. All off road with a few muddy stretches but by and large surfaces were fine. Back wasn't quite right but as long as it doesn't worsen I can live with that.

Hope you get the 4.5 in later, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Glad you got a long run in, LMH.

Sounds nasty, Dustin. Hope you're on the mend now. 

Wabo: It's nice when the running feels easier. I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum at the moment. My runs tend to feel slightly shitty. I still blame whatever ailed me last week. My HR isn't back to normal yet. 

Hope they fix your computer soon, Hazel and good luck on the MLR later. I'm going to PM you my train number nearer the time :)

Chamolk: Good luck with the doubles. I find it really hard to get going again in the afternoon or evening. 

Well, my run was pants. HR was sky high and legs were dead. I managed a good hour before I was pelted with heavy rain and sleet so I called it a day. Not sure if I can still blame last week's lurgy or the dentist. Anyway, not going to cry over it. Just going to chalk this off as a rubbish one and move on with some strength work at the gym :)

What: only 8 miles
    Why: they felt like 20, honest!
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: Sunday
  • Options
    Cross post, Chick! Just have to move on, as you say! I always go back to the "when fit" 2 out of three runs are ok, one isn't. Or for me at present, "when unfit", 2 out of three runs aren't ok etc. 

re doubles, most people I know do a short easy recovery run in the morning and the harder work in the evening.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    re doubles I always find the morning one is a short easy and do more later.  Funny enough the later one always feels a bit better
    LMH glad you got your run in, albeit higgeldy piggeldy
    CHick sorry to hear your run was like that, tbh it is probably a combination of both.  My running felt rubbish when I had that lurgy keep coming back all the time and I think it is only now that it is getting  easier after about a month of being clear, touch wood
  • Options
    Alehouse - if I do a double it's the harder (in my case this usually means longer) run in the morning - I find it much easier to get my running in before the day has worn me out. I hope your back stays ok. One of the things I'm finding with trying to get the miles in round the floods is that I'm running routes I normally avoid and they seem to be niggling my knee. It's raining and we have more forecast:-(

I nearly talked myself out of my run at eight miles as my legs felt dead and I was tired but I had a word and then my mood was lifted when a couple of nice men in a van stopped to offer me a lift through an over knee deep flood. Unfortunately I encountered a deeper and longer one after that when i thought I was safely on my way home and was seriously worried about how I was going to get home in time to get to work but fortunately managed to find a route.

chicksta - good attitude.

Do you have any races coming up Wabo?
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Just home from yet another rubbishl drive so I'll be doing minimum run tonight, in no mood. Gonna run round see my girls then run back
    Lmh funny enough I'm doing the big half 1/3 I got a cheap entry!  Your run sounds like an assault course! 
  • Options
    It's pretty rough round here at the minute Wabo. Hopefully your run will make you feel better.
  • Options
    Easy pleasant 5k loop in calm and sun this morning with ECG attached. Wet windy cold track session this evening.
    Hope to get first swim for a week tomorrow morning.
    Last hard: all seems hard just now
    Last rest: Thursday.
    Lyrics: don't think so
  • Options
    Probably quite useful to get the run done whilst the monitor was on OH

LMH - maybe you could try a bit of swimming whilst out on your runs, it sounds really bad

Wabo hope the mood improves a bit with the run, hope your next run goes better chick, and glad yours are going ok ale.

Get well soon Dustin

Hope the run went well Hazel

Regarding the doubles - I'll try a few different things and see how they go then decide if I'll keep them going.

Had an interesting run tonight. Run to the club, but felt a bit rotten at the start - got a stitch, felt a bit sick. Did 4 x 5 min tempo intervals but felt a bit sluggish. Final rep was 3 mins, so thought I'd try a faster one and about 400m in I suddenly felt great and did a 2:59 800m. Run home felt easy and I finished the run feeling fantastic, despite being soaked. Haven't had a run like that in a while, and wasn't expecting it today as I'm in the middle of my highest mileage weeks. Very pleasant way to end the run, 10 miles in total. 

Didn't help me know the lyrics though