Options

Thursday, 20th February 2020 - Lying here

Morning all,

today's lyrics: Lying here
In my head

Yesterday's were Faithless with Music Matters

Wow,  that sounds like a great run,  chamolk. Strangely enough I tend to have really good sessions when I feel sick during warm-up. You never know beforehand.

Marginally less windy today before the next storm is going to batter us at the weekend... training in this isn't much fun but if we had more typical weather,  i.e. snow and ice it wouldn't be much fun either. So let's get out there :)

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Nice to have a run that ends like that chamolk.

Good that you're able to get back to it OH.

I could really do without more rain chicksta - it seems as if my running options are being reduced every day that we get more rain.

Rain forecast all day today with the wind picking up again. I shall walk and hope that my knee eases (the left is niggly this morning) and then see if I can find somewhere to run.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            ran long yesterday
    Last hard:    finding routes around the floods
    Last rest:     11/2

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Well done chamolk. Some sessions go like that, and you "grow" into them. Always worth looking back over teh session and see if there is a reason you felt sluggish to start (warm up too quick / not long enough is often a cause)
    Re doubles, I'm with LmH: the first run is usually the more effort based one, the second I treat as recovery, pace irrelevant

What - U11s coaching, padded out with some easy miles
    Why - Thursday
    Last rest - Monday
    Last hard - most days currently

Thanks for thoughts re stomach issues. Still not 100% and appetitie yet to return. For those that know me well enough, there was cake & biscuits here yesterday: untouched by me until late afternoon, and even then only two biscuits. I know. Not normal.

• Options
    Blimey Dustin you are not well at all!!

What 6.1 mile
    Why: because I a can
    Last hard: The wind and rain
    Lyrics>nope

I must read back I have been running just not had time to post one of those weeks.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Morning

Sounds very familiar Dustin.  Took me 3 days to start eating properly.  I would be careful not to push yourself runningwise until you are eating normally so you don't end up trying to on very empty tanks.  Just seems to take even longer to recover then.

Well done for getting out to run if you are short on time WP. 

Still lucky here at the moment with the weather - I will parcel some up and send it to the UK and Germany.  I imagine in a couple of weeks I will be complaining about heatwaves though.

Nice of the van men to give you a lift through the flood LMH.

Hope you got a swim in this morning OH.

Nice intervals with a strong finish chamolk. 

What: MLR later
    Why: miles
    Last rest: 17.02.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics:no

What: short run, longer stretch

Why: Thursday. And the weather is foul.

I have a new Sportsshoes.com: message me if you want it! 10% off plus free postage.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    I also had that problem last week Dustin took 3-4 days to even think of running.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    I was lucky today and got away with a run in slight drizzle. The heavens opened near my front door. 11 miles done. Slow (I do blame the stupid wind which was forecast to be less severe but that turned out to be wishful thinking). Some more mileage in the bank. Reasonably happy.

Dustin being off his cake - unheard of! Must be serious ;)

Hazel: lucky you. Just push that wind away, will you please? 

Hopy you can find a runnable bit, LMH
  • Options
    That does sound serious Dustin!

Oh for a heatwave Hazel...............

Windier than I was expecting from the forecast here too chicksta.

Good that you've been able to get some miles in Poppy.

Not as bad as forecast here so far Alehouse - I hope you find a better weather window for your run.

My knees ('good' one is currently louder than 'bad' one) said a very firm no to a run this morning so I have contented myself with a longer walk. Made it back befroe the rain set in which was a bonus. I'm hoping that by listening today I'll be able to run tomorrow.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    chamolk glad the run felt so good at the end!
    LMH sensible head on, I bet you do lots of walking miles as well as running! I hardly walk at all
    Chick nice one on the 11 miles! and so nice the rain started near your door
    hazel enjoy the mlr #(and enjoy the weather for us all)
    dustin, oh concerning, hope your stomach settles soon
    Poppy nice running!
    I know thelyrics, the artist has coming to me first...
    LMH the rain is such a nuisance by the sounds of it  - where you run.

What: 4 miles d&d this am, I came in to work late so I could do that
    why: staying late, off to a play with a mate later
    last hard: that was but it was very nice as well
    lastrest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    re alehouse's 10% off - they are showing reduced prices for Hokas at the moment chicksta
  • Options
    I usually walk at least five miles a day Wabo. I've been running round here since 2004 and I've never known flooding like this.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH it must be pretty frustrating I guess! Great walking though, wish I did more but I have to drive to get here. I can bike but its 22 miles and dodgy roads..
  • Options
    Swim (around the wreck) and run (up the hill)
    Stitches out, sun shining and another storm imminent.
    Last night's track session was hard.
    Last rest: last Thursday
    Lyrics: no

Definitely sound unwell Dustin  :'(
  • Options
    I walk after breakfast and before my run Wabo and often go out for another walk after work.

Sounds like a good day OH.