Options

Monday 24th August 2020 - Underneath your dream lit eyes

Morning.

Lyrics - Underneath your dream lit eyes

Shades of sleep have driven you away

Good to hear that you enjoyed Saturday's run RFJ - sorry about the fall. I hope that the treatment helps and that you end up with an interesting new role at work.

That looks like a nice walk emzap.

Weather forecast for tomorrow is foul so I'm really hoping that my knee is improved enough to allow a run today. If I'm honest one uncomfortable run followed by two or three days of limping is not floating my boat right now but I want to run and I want to try to get in to reasonable marathon shape. My physio said that shorter runs won't make any difference so I need to either give up or suck it up.

What:         hopefully a LSR
Why:          marathon in six weeks/sanity
Last hard:  it's all a bit hard at the moment
Last rest:   23/8

Yesterday's lyrics - It's No Good - Depeche Mode.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    RFJ - ahh sorry to hear about the fall but hope you get some positivity with both the meds and the job role.
    OH - sorry to hear about the wedding plans, setback after setback at the moment. How big is that party going to be when this is all over!!??!!
    Wabo - top work on staying ahead of most of the runners on your 5k!
    Hazel - sounds a great race
    Emz - interesting looking donuts. I'm in!
    Ale - decent long trail run on Friday. Sounds good!
    LMH - I'm surprised that the physio said that shorter runs won't make a difference, but they are the experts! Hope you get some kind of distance in today.

What - something easy
    Why - legs heavy
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - all of them at the moment
    Attempted track on Saturday, first 2 800s were so far off the pace it wasn't worth carrying on with that session. Did a few miles at "target" MP instead to render some purpose to getting out of bed early. Then over to Kent to see Dad & then brother for the first time since lockdown. 
    Back yesterday afternoon and squeezed an easy hour in that felt anything but.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    RJF so sorry to hear about the fall, one of my club mates is the same, one leg really struggles on longer runs. Good luck on the new job role.  
    dustin enjoy the easy, my legs feel the same today for some reason
    LMH I hope you can get that lsr, its a rollercoaster time with the running I imagine
    lyrics no
    What: off for a freedom run in local park run course with a couple of others
    why: I like to have a plan in place
    last hard: saturday, yesterday was an easy 1.4 mile loop round home
    last rest: 31/12/16

I have just realised why my legs feel the way they do, weeding!!!
    Back heaps better, need to be careful of it now I think.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Hope all goes to plan, LMH!

Busy weekend, Dustin

Lyrics: no

What: easy run and may or may not add in a few quicker bits

Why: running to feel. Currently feel tired so will have to see!

Hopefully stay dry, but got soaked again yesterday and unusually even cut the run short.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Must have been nice to see your Dad and brother Dustin. Hope your legs perk up soon. Unfortunately a six mile run sets the knee off the same as a twenty mile - it's the movement and load which is I'm on restricted walking too.

Enjoy your run with company Wabo.

It didn't unfortunately Alehouse.

My knee felt better than it did yesterday after Lola's walk and I haven't run for three days so I was quite hopeful when I set off for my run but within half a mile my knee was quite painful and my hip was starting to complain too. I hoped that it might settle so decided to do a mile and reassess. Unfortunately it all just got worse so I stopped to walk home. I then wondered if I'd just talked myself out of it so tried to run again but didn't even make half a mile before it became apparent that wasn't the case :-(
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I am back, they got me round in a fair time for the course, 31.30.  Me and two others and I just tried to keep them as close s possible so it was a good work out! 4 miles in total today
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh so so sorry.  Rest up now
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Sorry to hear that, LMH! Another discussion with the physio?

Well done this morning, Wabo!

What: warm up, 5 x 30 seconds uphill with one minute jog recovery, warm  down

Why: trying to get back a little speed; first part of step three of my speedwork schedule.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Good running Wabo.

I'm on her cancellation list Alehouse. She thinks the joint is probably inflamed and the muscle has spasmed around it.
  • Options
    Afternoon.

Bad luck with the fall RFJ, at least you had a good run on Saturday. Fingers crossed for both the meds and your job situation.

Seems you got something out of your session at least Dustin. Must have been nice to see your family.

Good news regarding your back Wabo. Good running today.

Nice hill work Ale.

:/ LMH. Hope your physio can find you a slot and also provide some help.

What: short recovery this evening
    Why: race yesterday and I have a PITA / quads from the descent so gentle but get things moving
    Last hard: sleeping, all sorts of horror scenarios got to work regarding having to move. Need to relax about it.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no. Should have known yesterday's.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Missed your race Hazel! Well done! Hope the accommodation issue is soon sorted...and you are right to say relax about it... not that many of us would!

Hope you get to speak/see physio LMH!
  • Options
    I had an email conversation with her before my last post Alehouse - and fortunately have an appointment tomorrow afternoon as she had a cancellation and offered me the slot.

I didn't realise you'd raced either Hazel - did I miss a report? Moving is stressful at the best of times and these definitely aren't.

Who had chicksta's apple cake recipe? Would you share please? Spent some of my spare time today collecting windfall apples and pears and picking more blackberries. As I can't run and the weather is forecast to be pants tomorrow i plan to do some baking.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening
    Quick pop in from me. 6.7km at club. 5 min effort, 2 Min rest.  With return to running group so not too fast.
    Lmh rubbish. Really hope you can get some progress at physio tomorrow
    Rfj sorry to hear about fall.
    Hazel, I also missed your race!
    Wabo well done on the run
    Dustin great conversion of your efforts session!

Have a lovely evening all