Options

Monday 21st September 2020 - Baby I see this world has made you sad

Morning.

Lyrics - Baby I see this world has made you sad

Easier said than done RFJ but try not to stress about the situation, it's not going to make it any better and will be beneficial to your wellbeing. Keep doing what you can that makes you feel better.

emzap - hope you had a better night. Little Lucas does seem to be a poorly boy. Well done with the challenge and fundraising.

Keep going Wabo.

We are forecast a nice running day today - once it warms up a bit! After tomorrow it doesn't look as though there's going to be much warming up going on :-( Missing having our holiday to Florida to look forward to - or much else for that matter.

What:          hopefully some easy miles
Why:           head needs it
Last hard:   doing what I've advised RFJ to
Last rest:    20/9

Yesterday's lyrics - El Condor Pasa (If I Could) - Simon and Garfunkel.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning 
    lyrics I feel I should know..
    Emzap hope your night was better
    LMH hope you get some easy miles
    RFJ hope you can sort something on the work front

what: not sure now as mate has just blown out
    why: aching
    last hard: yesterday 
    last rest: 31/12/16

My dilemma is this, I was meeting a mate doing a session minute on minute off thing, then freshening up to go to the QoP.  Seeing QoP at 9.30, do I run now or can it wait till later????
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning

Make the most of the nice weather LMH.  Agree on the lack of things to look forward to at the moment. 

No experience of running post QoP I'm afraid Wabo.  Might soothe those aches though.  Annoying your mate has dropped you at short notice.

Well done on the fundraising and completing the challenge emzap.  Yes we share a boiler - not a lack of oil though but something in the electronics. Hope everybody got more rest last night and you can get to club night today.

Good words from LMH RFJ.

What: short recovery
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: Monday motivation
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I think I will walk a couple of miles, finish at the qop and walk back. Run only a couple of gentle miles later. 
    Hazel it does less me up when I'm blown out at last minute, enjoy the short recovery run
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    I don't like having my plans changed at short notice either Wabo. My legs are always pretty rubbish for a couple of days after my physio has given them a going over so walking and then seeing how you feel later sounds like a good plan.

Motivation for running, work or life Hazel? I'm suffering from a lack of it in all areas at the minute :-( That's not quite true really though as I want to run but I don't want to hurt.
  • Options
    Morning all! 
    Back to not knowing the Lyrics!
    RFJ - tough times, hope something works out employment wise. Good running.
    LMH not so sure it's good, felt rubbish late afternoon and evening last night with sore neck and shoulders and struggling to stay awake after 8pm, didn't have this after similar length walks last week. Will give it a few more days.
    Housebound this morning as in order to get repeat perscription of new drugs (antiplatelets) which I'll be on for 3 months have to wait at home for telephone appointment with GP. They give no indication when they will ring, a morning or afternoon decision would be good!
    Good going Emzap!
    So far making granola and spiced fruit cake and sourdough. Will have runout of ingredients by lunch time at this rate! 
    Signed up to marshal Sunday's 10k if it goes ahead. Not easy to be sensible but easier as 10k is my least favourite distance! also runners have to turn up not too early ready to run ie no toilet access pre race etc. Covid times! 
    Have a good day all!
  • Options
    Morning!

By the wonders of technology I am sitting in a garden centre cafe whilst my car is in a garage for a diagnostic test. 

Lyrics: no

What: a run of some sort at some point

Why: waiting for car. Have walked for an hour so far though.

Wabo, won't comment on our respective football teams, apart from the only way is down for us from now!

RFJ: not easy at present and we are thinking of you.

Hazel: glad new accommodation is sorted. Meant to say re hill reps, they vary depending which hill I am on.  Not too steep that it makes sprinting difficult. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Els - you've had a tough few days with being in for the procedure and the ravelling, that's bound to take it out of you. A shame your GP wouldn't call on your mobile. Hope they don't keep you waiting too long. I've just taken a blueberry yoghurt cake out of the oven. Baking is such a good distraction activity - need to keep stocked up on ingredients though as I think we might be in for some shortages again soon. Fruit is soaking ready to bake my xmas cake.

Lovely morning here Alehouse - hope you enjoy your run.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Afternoon!

What: pleasant enough 40 minutes on the trails which have suddenly gone firm and dusty. It won't last! Sunny and the breeze has dropped.

Why: easy day. 

Car report: diagnostic test showed what I thought, which is glow plugs need replacing, and not something that I can do myself. Taking it back in a fortnight. 

Hope all is well, Els! Don't rush things! And hope OH isn't either!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Ale - advice from consultant is still to get back to business as usual and they do know I'm a runner - feels a bit like having unexploded bomb in my head though! Just in from a rather damp walk!  Trails here are getting wetter. Cold out too!

Travelling shouldn't have been hard for me since I'm banned from driving for 6 months following first episode, still nearly fell asleep in middle of TV prog which I did want to see last night!
    Good that car is diagnosed if not treated!
  • Options
    I find travelling tiring even when I'm a passenger Els.

Shame the car isn't something you can sort Alehouse. Hope it isn't too expensive.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your words of support and encouragement, very much appreciated
  • Options
    Swim around wreck and usual (socially distanced) Monday evening social run.
    Visit to GP as still not pain free: Bloods/urine - he will discuss with urologists ...
    Still not knowing whether daughter's wedding will go ahead on the 2nd ...
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    Fwiw I am pain free in the water.