Options

Tuesday 22nd September 2020 - God, I feel like hell tonight

Morning.

Lyrics - God, I feel like hell tonight

Tears of rage I cannot fight

Keep checking in RFJ, we are here for you.

OH - good news that swimming is pain free, not so good that you still aren't the rest of the time. I do hope that the wedding can happen this time.

What:           limping with Lola
Why:            ran yesterday
Last hard:    running isn't easy these days
Last rest:     20/9

Yesterday's lyrics - Why Worry - Dire Straits.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Alehouse nice running yesterday, pain about the car
    Oh glad your pain free in the water! 
    Christmas cake chatter, I really have no excuse this year.. ..
    Lmh have a nice walk with Lola, how's she's getting on? 
    I did run a mile on the road but not till 7.45, legs felt  fine and no  damage done
    What walk am school run, Tai chi, run at 11
    Why dropping Jodie to QoP so I'll run then
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no, although vaguely familiar

Get that cake made, Wabo!

Sorry to hear that you are limping today, LMH

And hope that you get some answers, OH

What: not sure

Why: will put my kit on and see what happens. No race deadlines to meet!

Am going to sit down and read the latest guidance on cross country. Probably either send me to sleep or raise my blood pressure!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Lola is a stoic little thing Wabo and apart from the odd squeak when we accidently stroke a sore spot on her tummy she's doing fine thank you.

Alehouse - I limp every day and have been doing for two months now since the incident with the dog. I'm beginning to wonder if I did something rather than it being my degenerative knee condition as that has never lasted this long.

I have no brown paper to wrap the xmas cake tin in. Need to decide whether to brave the post office to see if they have any or improvise - though I'm not sure what would work.
  • Options
    Morning, Lyrics a no as usual but don't feel v cheerful!

Well done to Lola.  Guess no harm someone having a look at your knee LMH.

Post office is the most Covid secure place here, I'd be happy to brave it!

So far a lazy morning, taking some blood from Peter, delivering to lab and having a chat with some work buddies then a stroll round scapa. It's wet and rather miserable out.  Coffee with a friend this afternoon before we probably get locked down again....waiting to hear what Nicola has to say!

• Options
    Els - our post office is best avoided on a Tuesday, pension day gets pretty busy. Do you think wrapping more baking paper round the outside would work instead of brown paper? Your day sounds good so far.
  • Options
    Morning!

LMH: as Els says I think you should get someone to look at the knee. As you say, it may well be different to your long-standing problem. 

re cake, I have used baking paper in the past. This year I used silicon. With baking paper you can go round as many times as you want! Fed mine on Sunday as I forgot on the first! 

What: 16.1k largely off road (3.5 on tarmac as I added an extra loop plus the bit from my house to the river)

Why: 16.1 is double figures in Imperial! First time for many a year. Slightly over-dressed of course by the end: quite a chill when I set off but hazy sun by the finish, and just a slight breeze. Tired now but glad I've done it. Easy day tomorrow.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    I haven't used greaseproof paper etc but sure Ale's advice is good. I'll be leaving mine til mid Oct I think.
    Nice long one Ale! 
  • Options
    Took garden waste to recycling follows by swim in the rain.
    It's hard waiting to hear about regulations and the wedding ...
    Lyrics no

2nd set of builders due to start on pebbledashing front wall today but not appeared so far.
  • Options
    I'm guessing you are going to end up with the fifteen guest limit that we have OH. Hope that won't impact them too much.

I braved the post office, it was fine by the time I went - the pensioners get there early and queue - so brown paper bought. I usually do mine at the beginning of October Els but have time on my hands so thought I may as well make a start though it will be tomorrow now.

Nice long run Alehouse. I think I shall wait until after the 4th and then consult my GP. I expect the first step would be another steroid with possibly a referral for an x-ray.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I will think about the cake LMH, next shop I will make sure I have all that I need.
    Shame about the wedding situations for people who thought they would have 30 :-(
    Alehouse nice long run, I need some of them
    Els I am currently in the Cairngorms (virtually)
    lmh glad lola is good

i managed 2.2 miles of walking and the 4 miles with a 25 min section of intervals.  Good fun!
    My OH is currently in the kitchen whipping something amazing up for dinner, the smells.....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Plan J was well within the 15 person limit. We're under Scottish regulations whatever (20 in all).
    Just relieved wedding can go ahead and that we are permitted to travel.
    Will still be quite constrained and strange.
  • Options
    Hello all
    Back from a few lovely days on the South Coast
    Saturday was 5 hilly miles, Sunday was long walk day with Mrs D along the coast path. Ended up being 14 miles with ~2,200ft of climbing.
    Yesterday headed down to Portland Bill and Chesil Beach, rounded off with a 5 miler along the coast path and headed back today.
    This evening was club pyramid session that I just about managed. Back to that there work nonsense tomorrow. And in the week they tell us to go back into the office, the government announce work from home if you can...

Time to read back...