Options

Saturday 26th September 2020 - So I look in your direction

Morning.

Lyrics - So I look in your direction

But you pay me no attention do you

You live in a beautiful place OH. Where is the 10k?

It would be both chicksta. Wrexham was originally supposed to be on the 4th so I would have counted it for the virtual London but it was moved because the Welsh weren't ready to give permission - they wanted to see how a couple of test events went. Plan when that happened was just to cover the distance on the 4th so make it a last long run with a few miles of walking but I can't see Wrexham happening anyway with the big increase in cases and lock downs. How are things in Germany?

Still no chamolk :-(

Very cold start to the day here and Lola is limping, favouring the front leg she injured, she seemed fine on it yesterday so I have no idea what's going on <<sigh>> could really do without any more drama/issues - and a run would help! Need to decide if/when to next try that though.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Sorry to hear about Lola, LMH

What: fitness suite first, run when it warms up. 

Why: need to stretch and strengthen. Will decide what the run is when I get moving. 

Beautiful day here...from behind glass! Bright sunshine but just 4 degrees. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    We have the heating on Alehouse :-( Trying to decide whether Lola needs to go back to the vets today or if it's ok to leave her until Monday morning when she has an appointment. The rising infection rates have put me off going back to the gym.
  • Options
    Wrexham cancelled, LMH?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Not officially.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    On the Wrexham website...**From Friday 25th September we have had to cancel the race.  All entrants have been emailed.

• Options
    Obviously updated. Decision made then.
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Yes, decision made for you, LMH

What: fitness suite plus warm up, 3 x 3 mins hard with 90 seconds recovery, warm down

Why: had booked a slot and it still felt very safe. Didn't go within 2 metres of anyone and there were only a dozen there. Running was hard work! Very windy and I really didn't know which direction it was coming from. Seemed against me the whole time on the reps. Worked hard but didn't run as far as the last time I did 3 minute reps, but not surprised at that. Easy day tomorrow.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    That's taken out of your hands then, LMH.
    Things in Germany are pretty much like everywhere, i.e. numbers on the rise and more restrictions in place. There are a few hotspots and lots of communities are banning people from those hotspots to travel anywhere. I'm beginning to fear that this could happen to our Bavarian holiday...
    Hope there's nothing wing with Lola...

Is good that you feel safe at the gym, ale. Same here. There's only a handful of people around and everyone keeps their distance. Vigorous exercise causing heavy breathing is banned.

Another walk for me. Sadly I tweaked my back in the shower and I'm in pain. Sigh. Hope it's muscular rather than spinal.

• Options
    I decided Lola needed to go to the vets and it was the right call - they put a different kind of dressing on and she was immediately much more comfortable, not limping and back to her usual happy self. The nurse said that the wound was beginning to granulate but there was a weepy patch which I think the dressing must have been irritating. I don't like not being able to go in with her and I would prefer to see the wound for myself but obviously not possible at the moment.

Sorry to hear about your back chicksta, I hope it soon eases and that you get to enjoy your holiday - when are you due to go?

I rarely seem to get the benefit of a tailwind Alehouse. Hope the fitness suite stays quiet for you.
  • Options
    Evening

More lovely pics OH. I might have reasonably easy access to the Alps and sometimes take it a bit too much for granted these days but I am certainly envious of your setting too! Good luck for your 10k.

Glad that Lola's limp was easy to fix LMH. Shame you can't go in with her, our vet has a convenient window you can watch and communicate through. Shame about Wrexham but at least that is settled now.

Nice combo Ale. Shame the wind got in the way of your efforts.

Ouch to the back Chicksta. Hope the holiday to Bavaria works out, if I recall right your op is directly after it so the break would do you good.

Heating on here too, high of about 8 degrees today.

What: bit over 12k including 2 sets of 5 x 200m approx (jog back and 4 mins jog between sets
    Why: week 2 of P&L multi-distance
    Last hard: knowing how to run those 200s as I rarely run short and sharp. Tiring on the last rep so I guess I got it right(ish)
    Last baked: traditional Christmas cake. Made a bit of a hash of wrapping it up pre-oven so top a bit lumpy. Marzipan will compensate.
    Last rest: 30.03
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh yesterday's lyrics were scary monsters, David Bowie. Because of the crane fly!!! 
    Ran only 4 today, I'm in bed with two granddaughters so I'm  really  not sure my race will happen in the morning, we'll see. It's a 10k if I get there
    Glad you got Lola sorted lmh
    Alehouse good work! 
    Chick ouch to back
    Hazel I'm sure the cake will be brilliant. Nice running
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can