Why sore all over
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12/16
Happy Monday all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

You seem to have got here before LMHWabo!

Lyrics: no

Hope that you will be ok when you get going, Wabo

What: something this pm

Why: working this morning. Hope I don't fall asleep after an awful night! 

Cold this morning: close to a frost. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I hope so too alehouse. Sure I can manage a humble. Keep awake! 
    Els well done on all the cycling and marshalling. 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh I have lots of sore bits but to be expected, ribs hurt. Think that may be my worse fall. It's hard for you to know what's best eh. Hope WFH is ok. 

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - This Ain't Goodbye by Train.

Sounds like a busy day Els!

Sorry that you are still having pain OH.

Take it easy Wabo.

Hope your first day back at work goes ok Alehouse. My first real day back too (not that there was much of a break) but of course I'm still wfh. There was some frost on the field when we walked Lola - heating is on!

Is it the start of the new job today emzap? Hope it goes well if so.

How was the cake Hazel?

I don't know when to try a run - only managed twice last week, knee doesn't feel much better, it's cold, need to cover the distance on Sunday and would rather be in as little pain as possible........oh to be able to run when I want!

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning all
    Wabo - well done on the race and brushing off the tumble, hope not too sore today
    LMH - I guess a not entirely unexpected decision from Wrexham. Hope you get out today. How's Lola?
    Els - sounded like a busy day but sorry to here OH couldn't toe the line
    Ale - have fun on your first day
    RFJ - everything crossed for the tests, stay strong

What - easy recovery run
    Why - racing (track & virtual) at the weekend
    last rest - 31/8
    last hard - the weekend
    Saturday was club's third T&F meeting. Put myself in the "slower" mile heat (6min+) A keenly contested event, cruising along in the leading 6 for much of it and indeed felt comfortable thru 800. Third lap is normally the worse one, but managed to hold the pace, only regret is not going with the leader when he opened up a 10m gap. Got to the bell/300 to go and the gaps refused to close. 
    Leading 6 finished within ~30m of each other, 6:20.8 which I was reasonably happy with, albeit I would expect 5:30-5:40 when in one piece.
    Wonderful to pull a number on again and race though. Gave me the boost I needed, so psychologically that counts for more than the time.
    Sunday should have been a local clubs trail 10k.
    A few of us decided to run the actual route as the event had become a virtual 10k. A few miles warm up, then we set off in 3s and 4s at selected paces. I went off with a slower group, legs still sore from Saturday and mileage more the aim.
    Ticked off mid 9min/miling on undulating & technical trails, and covered the 6.5 miles (yes, it's long) in just under an hour. Another 5 easy for 13.5 for the day.

Have a great day

• Options
    Good to hear that you feel better for the race Dustin. Lola is her usual bright self this morning so I've been able to cancel today's vet appointment which is good. All being well she'll have the staples removed from her chest and the dressing changed on her leg on Wednesday - hoping the leg won't take too much longer to heal. I've decided to save my run until tomorrow as I've ended up with some work to do this morning and I know I won't be able to run two days in a row.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hm - yesterday's post isn't there. Very strange.

Ouch, wabo. Sounds like a nasty fall. Glad you managed a strong finish 🙂

Nice fast mile and good distance, Dustin.

Glad Lola is better, LMH. Did you manage a run today?

Hope work is enjoyable, Ale.

OH: Sorry to hear that you're still in pain.

Nice marshaling, Els.

Good to see you, poppy. Still wondering about chamolk.

Hazel: Running what the legs decide is a good strategy.

Oh dear, RFJ. You're having a hard time. Kudos covering 20 miles. That's 20 more than me anyway :)

Back is crocked. Pretty sure it's another disc protrusion, so trying to get a scan to confirm. Luckily it's not as bad as the ones I had before. It's not irritating the sciatic nerve, no pins and needles and no loss of power in either leg. Coughing or sneezing cuts me in half though. Turning over in bed is hell and bending forward totally impossible. Just trying to figure out if I should wait for it to disappear  (minor ones do after 6 weeks or so) or go back to the neurosurgeon to get a nerve infiltration. If it wasn't for our holiday in two weeks I'd tend to just let it run its course but the thought of 10 hours trapped in the car in my current state holds very little appeal.
  • Options
    As I said chicksta I decided to save my run for tomorrow though I am wondering if I would be better off not running until Sunday, physically if not mentally. I wouldn't be happy spending 6 weeks plus in the kind of pain you describe if there was another option.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just back from an easy 5k, wasn't sure at first.  My ribs seem to hurt most, I can't say I felt like I had any joint pain which is amazing really for how I smashed into the ground. 
    Chick, that sounds horrid, so so sorry for you, back pain is rotten
    lmh glad lola is ok and happy
    dustin well done in your race, I know what you mean about the number, mine is covered in mud and blood from yesterday lol!!

• Options
    Afternoon

Seems several people are in need of a bit of sympathy today. Collective hugs posted off in various directions.

Sorry about the DNS OH.

Ouch Wabo, nasty fall and well done for making it the finish nonetheless.

Hope work went ok Ale and you stayed awake. Nice consistency on the mileage.

Sympathies for the cold on top of thhe knee LMH.

Ouch chicksta, hope you can get the back looked at fast, you want to be able to do something in the next couple of weeks before your op means reduced mobility again.

Good news from you at least Dustin, nice weekend of running and a good mile time.

Glad you got a new Garmin and well done on the mileage WP.

Fingers crossed for test and procedure this week RFJ.

Good day for marshalling and cycling yesterday Els. Busy indeed on top.

What: short recovery
    Why: Monday, legs wouldn't want more after 200s on Saturday and undulations yesterday
    Last hard: bit of an assault course today foodwise (OH's birthday), cooked breakfast, cake and a meal out later, will need a few k this week to burn that off.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    I don't have a cold Hazel - it is cold, or was this morning, quite nice now :-) Enjoy the meal out.
  • Options
    Evening! Or is it late afternoon?

Work was good, thanks! Felt safer than going to the supermarket, I felt. Had contact with three adults for about five minutes at more than 2 metres apart with masks on; plus children from one "bubble". Everybody very aware. Back again tomorrow.

What: just over half an hour easy, although I found it hard work today.

Why: all I wanted to do. Legs didn't want to play, whether it was from Saturday's "hard" efforts, a poor night's sleep or standing up from before 8 to 12.45 I will never know! I rarely sit down to teach and I think I may be out of the habit!

Well done race-wise, Dustin, and glad that your run wasn't too painful, Wabo.

That back is worrying, Chick: get it sorted!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.