Options

Friday 30th October 2020 - Girl I know you're not coming back anymore

Morning.

Lyrics - Girl I know you're not coming back anymore

So why oh why do I keep on watching the door

Good that the latest restrictions aren't too onerous for you chicksta. Don't you go doing too much of that work stuff whilst you're meant to be feet up recuperating though.

I know what you mean about running in the dark not being as good for the head Hazel. Are your group runs banned now?

Are you planning to bake with them Els?

I didn't think I'd be wanting to try a run today as I thought I'd be running yesterday so I am really limited for opportunities as I'm actually being social - meeting someone I work with for a dog walk this morning and a friend for coffee (outside) this afternoon. Forecast is pretty pants for the weekend so running is not an inviting prospect then either. Not sure what I should do with the three new pairs of trainers in my wardrobe...............

Yesterday's lyrics - New Shoes by Paolo Nutinin.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

New shoes are always good as slippers to break them in, LMH

What: another short run

Why: the gentlest of weeks. No stretching!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Mine are usually good to go from the box Alehouse. I was just being miserable and thinking that I probably wasn't going to need them but I got over myself and out for a short run. Now having breakfast in a rush before meeting up for the dog walk. Look after yourself.
  • Options
    Morning (though already thinking of lunch again)

New shoes LMH?  Nice!  You could mix them up a bit - might feel a bit wierd though.  Appropriate lyrics yesterday then.  Enjoy your social outings today.

Head torch for dark runs for sure Ale, not much ambient light and I don't have the best night vision.  I also run on very minor roads on that stretch and need to be visible.  (high-viz vest on as well).  How is your hip today?

What: hmm - plucking up the courage to do a tempo run - 33 mins in one go sounds a lot! I've done faster for longer in my recent race so should think about that.
    Why: still following a P&L plan to build up some regular speedwork
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Hazel - I had Lucas in mind with yesterday's lyrics. The new shoes are my bought cheaply stockpile I was just being negative about my prospects of needing them. One of the reasons I don't do any sessions is that the prospect of them makes me dread my runs. Hope the tempo goes well.
  • Options
    What: working, first time since March.
    Maybe run later ...
    Why: was asked to
    Last hard, fear about getting used to new ways of working, in reality not too bad, but quiet today
    Lyrics np
  • Options
    I usually find the anticipation worse than the reality OH. Keep yourself safe eh?
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    LMH nice one with the new shoes, hope the short run was good
    OH I know what you mean about work, it is all very strange
    hazel hope you had a good run whatever you did
    Hope lucas likes his new shoes
    Ploughing through the insurance claim and getting the hump....
    what: forest Run done with two mates
    why: plan
    last hard: that was
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Afternoon all
    OH - ohh hope the return to work isn't as bad as feared
    Emz - definitely keep the first shoes - both my girls have their first ones. 
    Wabo - good luck with the claims, run forest run sounds good!
    LMH - I'm sure you'll get some use out of the stockpile, which reminds me maybe I should get some more...
    Chick - good news about office working. I picked my "key worker " letter yesterday <sigh>
    We are supposed to be in 1 week in 3 but they can't force us (apparently). TBH I've actually quite enjoyed being in - does make a change. Don't like the 4 am alarm clock though. WFH next week.

More bad news race wise. County XC league races 1 & 2 not going ahead as land owners refused permission. For the same reason the County Championships in January are also cancelled. 
    The Junior Sunday League races also not permitted although we do have approval for both junior and senior "club members only" races to be held which will have lower numbers and we can run "covid secure" as the track meets in late summer and training sessions are. 
    We're hoping to run a staggered start 10k in January too...

What - 7 miles easy to Victoria Park
    Why - stretch the legs
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday in the end. Ended up with the grown ups for coaching ratio reasons rather than U11s. 4x1200s with 400 recovery. Found it tough going. Legs still heavy from Tuesday I reckon

• Options
    Sorry to hear about the race restrictions Dustin. Why do you need a key worker letter? Still think it's unreasonable of your employer to want you on the premises when you can work just as well from home. No sign of mark's lot expecting any of them on site unless absolutely necessary until some time next year. Not many shoe bargains to be had at the moment, apparently another affect of CV19.

Plough through that claim Wabo - it's worth doing.
  • Options
    Evening!

Hope your day went well, OH!

Everything is gradually feeling better, Hazel! Very tired though: wonder if it is still from all the local anaesthetic that was pumped into me. 

Just another short and easy run. Being sensible. 

No prospects of any cross country around here, Dustin

LMH: I dread sessions but once I get a decent warm up done I am usually ok. Glad you got a short run in. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Working day went ok
    Slow 3.8 when I got home.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Thanks lmh, I ploughed a bit more today. 
    Dustin viccy park, my old manor. It's such a shame about races. Staggered starts work though
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can