edited November 2020 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Games I played with Mary
way back in the wildwood
Of our careless childhood

Yesterday's were Forever Autumn, notably by Justin Hayward

What: probably about 40 minutes

Why : running with M75
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

It took me a while to work out why I couldn't see the thread Alehouse - it's Thursday! Hope you enjoy your run with company.

A shame you couldn't get out in daylight Dustin. Maybe today?

That's a fast 5k chamolk - I'd have been out on my feet after only an hour in bed. Hope you caught up on your sleep.

Is the pain any better OH?

What:           a few cold miles
    Why:            it's a cold day
    Last hard:    healing
    Last rest:     25/11

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning again!

Thanks LMH: it is indeed Thursday!

Chamolk: what LMH said!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    I didn't know you could edit the title Alehouse. Cold here - 0C at the minute and not due to feel much warmer for a few hours - still and dry though so should be nice out once I've warmed up after Lola's walk. I've delayed taking her so that I can try to get an appointment with the GP though I'm not hopeful.
  • Options
    Morning again!

Yes, you have been able to the edit the title since the last revamp of the website. 59 minutes to do it!

Relatively warm here then: 3 degrees. Will be well wrapped up in an hour when I meet up with M75.
  • Options
    Morning

-0.2 degrees and thick fog currently.  Not a lot will change there for the next few days.

Have a nice outing with M75 Ale. 

Good luck with getting an appointment LMH. 

Moving date is on the 8th December - I just want to get it done now.

Good news on running without walking chicksta. 

Fine 5k chamolk.  Please don't improve it by 3 seconds for now as I will feel challenged to go out and have another go myself :D   (currently on 21:03).

Good luck with getting out in the daylight today Dustin.

What: hopefully some sort of speedwork.  Maybe 3 x 2 tempo or something along those lines
    Why: trying to keep up a bit of speed without organized training for a few weeks.
    Last hard: the sharp stone I stomped on yesterday - sore forefoot better today though.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    I hope the fog lifts for your run Hazel - difficult to run fast in it. It is foggy here by the river but it's clearing quite quickly. Still feels like -1C, coldest I've run in for a long time and I'm not sure what to wear.

Positively tropical Alehouse!

I was fourth in the queue for appointments when the telephones were switched on at the doctors and the GP I want to speak to is in today - but all of his appointments had gone! Fortunately the lovely receptionist broke the rules and has booked me in for a telephone consult tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Morning again!

Progress, LMH! Make sure that you lay it on thick in the morning!

What: 39 minutes, mostly with 75. He went back after we had run about 26 so the last part was slightly harder on my own. Hope I wasn't running too fast for him: he has never taken a short cut before. He usually says about the pace. 

Why: pre-arranged run

Started off cool and grey but it soon warmed up, as did we, and I finished bathed in apricity.

3 x 2, Hazel? For me that would be 3 x 2 minutes; I imagine for others it will be 3 x 2 km or even miles!
  • Options
    That's great news, LMH. I never know what to wear these days either. I can get by with less when I run continuously but for run/walk it's better with another layer. 

Ale: Maybe he wasn't feeling the love today but didn't want to admit it :) Back in London I used to run with a guy about 15 years my junior, clinging on for dear life to what was his easy pace. 

Hope the fog lifts for your speedwork, Hazel. Understand about wanting the move done & dusted. Sitting on packed crates is no fun. When we left the UK we had about 10 days in an empty house as the movers didn't have that many slots. So we basically camped there with sleeping bags and air beds. 

Chamolk: That is a swift 5k. Well done. OK, I'm rubbish at sleeping but 1 hour would most likely kill me. And I don't think I would even attempt to run on so little sleep :)

What: 5k without walking - took me almost twice as long as chamolk ;) 
    Why: building slowly
    Last hard: work
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    I hope he's ok Alehouse. No need to lay it on with my GP as he's very supportive, it's a question of whether 'the system' will allow him to make the referral - he's already said that he wants to.

It's not the time that's important chicksta - but you know that.
  • Options
    Frost on ground this morning but a calm bright day.
    500m Swim and 6 mile run (up the hill) before self isolation cuts in.
    Also got a cylinder of  Calor gas, now rationed. Today’s toilet paper!
    lyrics no

I am hoping that pain is improving slowly and steadily. Was worse after physio again. No more physio until 15th as will need to keep to ourselves after returning from central belt.

• Options

A "Creepie" for Two - looking optimistically forward to a post-Covid era.
  • Options
    Good news that your pain seems to be improving OH. I hope the self isolation isn't too taxing.
  • Options
    Good news on the appointment LMH. Did you get the clothing right? Lightweight gloves are essential for me below 3-5 degrees depending on wet and wind, often get taken of mid-run. 

Hope M75 is ok Ale. Well spotted on the mystery 3 × 2. 2 laps of a local field, a tiny bit over 1k a lap.

Chicksta no luck with the fog, tends to stick around at this time of year. The boxes are waiting to be filled, from past experience I don't want to start too early (where to put the full boxes). Well done on another walk free 5k.

Sounds like some progress OH. Another nice creepie. Do you play that piano? Hope Els is okay.
  • Options
    Sadly I can't play the piano. Elspeth used to and my son plays reasonably well.
    I used to play French Horn.
  • Options

Who could resist that water this morning?
    ;)
  • Options
    Me at that temperature OH! LOL.

I did Hazel. Merino running gloves are my usual choice and often end up tucked into my waist band but it was cold enough for woolly ones this morning and they didn’t come off until I was home.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya, 
    Sorry late dash in, US holiday which is normally a quiet day, it's been mental, only just finished 12 hours after signing in...
    Nice photos OH
    Hazel - enjoy the tempos

What - managed to get out in daylight- needed the fresh air. 
    8 miles splashing around the fields, loved it
    Why - breaking free
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - unlikely
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys been awol today.
    Great photos oh. 
    Boiler wants working this am, thankfully I got it going so I could shower and get warm after my run. Speedy 5 miles off road (for me anyway).
    Then my internet went down so I couldn't work. All in all a very lazy day after all
    Catch up better tomorrow. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can