Options

Monday 30th November 2020 - The earth is warm next to my ear

Morning.

Lyrics - The earth is warm next to my ear

Insect noise is all that I hear

Thinking of you Els. Hope this is the last procedure you need to sort this out. Thoughts will be with you and OH today.

Not sure whether I will run today or not. My hip is achy this morning though in a different way than usual which I think is good - probably a result of the terrain we were walking. I shall see how I feel after Lola's walk. I've decided to think of it as a cutback week as I've been (very slowly) building since the steroid injection.

Yesterday's lyrics - Nowhere Fast by The Smiths.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Morning!

Have deleted my thread!

Hope all goes to plan, Els.

What: easy run

Why: easier day

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning.

Best wishes Els, hope everything goes smoothly. 

Was on nights again Fri /sat, so my easy week ended up a lithe easier than originally planned, with the grand total of 7 miles over 2 runs.

I see you're all fans of black friday - I treated myself to a new watch. Had initially been thinking of a forerunner, possibly the 945, but ended up getting a fenix 6 pro as it was cheaper.

Put our Christmas tree up yesterday, so it'll get decorated today. All 3 of the boys are now old enough to get excited about Christmas, but I've resisted getting the decorations up before now

What - easy run
    Why - general training
    Last rest - just finished an easy week

Lyrics no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    Morning
    Chamolk sounds like a good black Friday for you. Ah that's lovely for the boys! My daughter did her ones over the weekend, girls very excited. Enjoy the easy run 
    Also thinking of els. Hope all goes smoothly
    Alehouse enjoy the easy run
    Lmh cut back week sounds good, I'll join you. Glad the ache is a different one and that you know why

What easy run like others
    Why only need to do 3k
    Last hard the pavement yesterday, oh yes yet again
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Like poppy (hope you're healing) I was doing a paced 10k and at 4.9 miles went to turn up a road near to me, a guy and dog were coming opposite way, I stepped left and my ankle went over. Gloves and leggings protected me but short sleeves meant my elbows were bloody again! Left ankle bit sore on the inside. OH not impressed at all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    For some reason I thought it was just he two boys you had chamolk - three sounds like a real handful! Hope the easier week has left you refreshed.

Oh no Wabo - not you too. I hope that your ankle is soon better.

Just had an email conversation with my physio who has told me that I need to continue to load then rest the knee or rest for six weeks and see if it's any better at the end. Guess I'll just have to pull my big girl's pants up and get myself out for a run tomorrow.
  • Options
    Afternoon

Quick drop in whilst waiting for more work madness...

All the best Els.

Hope you get through the wait ok OH.

Enjoy your new watch Chamolk.  And even more so the tree decorating.  My SIL has 3 boys (i.e. I have 3 nephews) - its madness when they are around.

Lights going up every where here - my new village has an Advent calendar - people decorate and light up a window as of the appropriate day and a list goes out to all households.  Planning on going for a walkabout to have a look, good way to explore a bit.  Our lights won't go up until after our move next week and if we find them again.  We did get a table decoration with candles though.  Tree is a bit dodgy with 2 sometimes crazy cats.

Have a nice easy run Ale.

Ouch Wabo.  Did the guy ask if you were ok at least? 

Ouch to WP also.

Fingers crossed the new ache is a good one LMH.

Brr to cycling at this time of year Chicksta.

3k hills sounds nice Dustin.

What: something
    Why: will need it after another mad day.
    Ongoing hard: keeping calm.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Els / OH - fingers crossed and thoughts with you today, hope all goes well
    Wabo - yikes not nice. Hope it's nothing more than a few bruises
    Chamolk - good shopping! 
    Hazel - here's hoping you managed to get out

Christmas - well yes, a LOT seem to be up already.
    Maybe I'm just a miserable old humbug (I am) , but I mean , it's November, people are still growing moustaches....(I'm more than happy to eat my own bodyweight in mince pies though)

What - around 10k to Victoria Park & Mile End
    Why - back in that there London Town
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - dont think so
  • Options
    Ouch, wabo! Dogs can be dangerous that way! I had my encounter earlier in the year.

Els, thinking of you. Hope it goes smoothly.

Hope you get out, Hazel. Agree, cycling is a rubbish idea at this time of year. Just fancied a change of scenery. No repeat performance today!

Good to have s guidance, LMH.

3 boys, chamolk 😱
    Congrats on the Fenix 6 deal. Hope you like it.

I did 5.6k today - ran to the bank, dropped some paperwork and ran back. That's 3 days in a row.
  • Options
    Me too Dustin!

Hazel - they are doing the advent thing where I live this year. Hope the run helped you to maintain some inner calm.

You are making great progress chicksta.
  • Options
    All went well. Elspeth back on HDU eating tea and toast. :smile:
    Hopefully discharge tomorrow and home Thursday evening.

4.4 miles this morning to distract me and to take me over the1000/2021. Also took daughter to Borders General for Covid test prior to thumb surgery planned for Wednesday.
    Last hard: yesterday evening's run- meant to be 4 miles but ended up being 8.8 - and without phone so MIA as far as Elspeth could see.
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    Afternoon!

That is excellent news, Els and OH! A relief! And don't rush things Els!

Well done Chick...but keep your sensible head on!

What: short run (from ED Tesco around Burnage parkrun)

Why: convenient/pouring/sensible head etc
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting us know, OH. Very relieved to hear that Els is ok 🙏

Well done on the sensible head, ale. I was in two minds about today's run but as yesterday's was run/walk I decided to give it a go, prepared to resort to walking if I felt anything untoward but all good 🤞
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel, he did, lol as I lay there his dog was going bonkers at me - not sure if he though I was a danger - I am but only to me.  the guy was very concerned, I kept saying I am fine and thinking no you're not!!!
    Anyway I ran just under 2 miles, it was a bit sore but the ankle isn't swollen.  I am thinking it looks a bit bruisy. Only short runs all week so that is good.
    LMH we all know you have big girls pants cos you have demonstrated time again when you tough things out.  Your physio does sounds good!
    oh so glad els is ok. 
    alehouse glad the sensible head is on..
    chicksta nice one! 
    Chamolk, my mum had 4 boys and me!! Lol
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Thanks for good wishes all. After a sleepless night all went well though I felt so feeble and disorientated in recovery.  Now on hdu and doing well....looking forward to getting arterial line out and being able to get out of bed.
    Hope all good with everyone. 
    Pretty tired but likely not to sleep again although hdu is maybe better 
  • Options
    So good to hear from you Els! Glad everything went well. Hope you get some sleep tonight and are soon on your way home.

OH - I can only imagine the extra layer of stress that caused yesterday, hope you've been forgiven :-)

Glad things don't feel too bad Wabo - take it easy though eh?

How's everything feeling now Alehouse?