Options

Tuesday 1st December 2020 A winter's day

Morning!

Lyrics: A winter's day
In a deep and dark December

What: another easy run

Why: being careful. Hips feel fine, but now seem to have a niggly calf.

Hope you had a better night than you were expecting, Els!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - The Finish Line - Snow Patrol.

There always seems to be something Alehouse.

What:          a run
    Why:           physio says I need to
    Last hard:   getting out for a run
    Last rest:    30/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Morning! All lines now out and showered and waiting for hospital brekkie and hopefully plans for discharge after wardround. 
    Everyone has been so good on hdu and in theatre and recovery. Bib thanks due. 
    Snooze on and off in the night so will be a quiet day if discharged with hopefully a little walk. Running can restart in a week if it feels right.
    Lyrics....feel like I should but no!
  • Options
    Morning

Appropriate lyrics, we have a couple of centimetres of the white and fluffy stuff this morning and more falling at the moment.

Very glad to hear you are ok Els - hope the night wasn't too uncomfy and you can head home soon.

Calf maybe a knock-on from the hips Ale?

Hand over those mince pies Dustin.  I did get out yesterday thanks.

Great progress Chicksta.

Glad to hear the guy with the dog took care of you Wabo. I have one older brother - that is enough.

Get those pants on LMH.

What: hopefully a group run this evening.
    Why: bit of company
    Last hard: work the last few days
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Els fantastic to hear from you, all sounds good
    Alehouse like lmh said, there is always something! I'm including myself in that! 
    Lmh enjoy your run
    What 25 mins
    Why it's enough
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Taking son and g'son to colchester today to pick up the keys. Hope that goes ok. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Alehouse that new target you set me, 2222k, actually doable! 106 this month will do, and will be  my highest December. 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel hope you get your group run, enjoy!
  • Options
    Great news Els. That is quick to be able to start running again - is that you all sorted now? I hope they release you soon.

Snow already Hazel? White here but it's a hard frost.

Exciting Wabo.

Given how cold and slippery it is out the prospect of six weeks with no running doesn't feel like quite such a bad idea this morning but I will warm up, wrap up and head out shortly.
  • Options
    There is another v small one but hopefully it can be kept an eye on and if no bigger in scan in 3 months left alone but so happy that the bigger and more dodgy one should now be safe.
    Plan is home about eleven but stay south another 2 nights just ad precaution.
    Cold here too I believe and daughter in Zurich sent me snowy photo of her walk to work.
    Hope everyone's runs go well. Was ok for short runs after a week last time but will start with alternate days. A walk today will be nice.
    Some sleep tonight would also be fine!
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Great to hear all went well Elspeth, hope OH looks after you in recovery (as said on Fetch OH, well done for the 1000m)

A little drum roll, as managed to hit 200m in my first full month on the Exercise bike.... expect that to rise going forwards.... work still going well, and still doing -2 walks a  with the poles, 5k time now down to 46:11...

Oh and very happy with a certain win last night :-) Sorry Ale :-) but thanks for the 3 points

Take care all
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hi

What: 6km club last night rest t
    Why: fitting in what I can when I can
    Last hard: I'm so crazy busy I can't even stop to think about hard!
    Lyrics: yes

Els glad op went well. Fingers crossed you're home soon
    Rfj great cycling month
    Lmh 6 weeks no running?
    Ale, hip still bad?

Can't remember if I said but not allowed to run over 10km for a while. Pelvis playing up again. Mixture of the car accident I had and pregnancy causing issues (just to clarify, I'm talking about with Lucas, before anyone gets any ideas!!!)

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    Excellent news Els - hope that's the end of it.

Good to hear that all is going well RFJ.

I bet that's really frustrating emzap especially after all this time.
  • Options
    Yay!
  • Options
    Great news, Els. Hope you sleep better tonight. And a nice pic, OH 😊

Drum roll and applause seem appropriate, RFJ.

Hazel: keep the snow, please. Quite cold here too but still above freezing, so only drizzle so far.

Our wedding was in Colchester, wabo. Hope they like their new place.

Is 6 weeks without running the next thing you will try if the knee doesn't settle any further, LMH?

Glad you clarified that bit about the pregnancy, em :D Sounds a bit frustrating to be limited, but 10k is better than no running.

Oh no, ale - what happened to the calf?

I was prepared for a non running day so did some s&c this morning but then I lost the VPN connection to our server at work. IT need my laptop in the office to fix the problem. The meant I had time on my hands the afternoon so I did another 5k very cautiously. I may get away with daily running soon but it's early days 🙏
  • Options
    It certainly sounds as though you're getting there chicksta. I'm not sure if or when I would try not running for six weeks. If my physio was quite confident that would fix it I'd probably have a go (though it would be easier if I had the gym or good weather for cycling) but it was more a case of the only other option.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Freedom oh and els! Yay!

Chick carefully does it please. Though sounds positive.
  • Options
    Freedom indeed....even though everyone was so good it's still good to be out and I still don't sleep in hospital! No discomfort st all just tired. 
    RFJ great that all is going well with new direction.
    Emz shame about the curtailed running but enough to keep you going I hope.
    Chick..doing good!
    Ale hope calf comes back to normal quickly.
    LMH  6 weeks is a while but I had a good while off in the summer and am now getting back ok....well a week off will be felt though when I start back.
    2222 sounds v doable for you wabo!
    Great to get out for a little walk on a crisp but chilly day and before darkness set in!