Options

Wednesday 2nd December 2020 - Daddy sits on the front porch swinging

Morning.

Lyrics - Daddy sits on the front porch swinging

Looking out on a vacant field

I can't sleep in hospital either Els - no idea how anyone does. If I knew that six weeks of no running would fix my knee I would be very tempted but my physio was offering that as the only possible alternative to what I'm doing now rather than as what she thought was a viable option so it could easily be six weeks off and no better when I try to start again. I'm sure it won't be long until you are back to where you were. Do you feel more confident about heading out alone now or is it too early to say?

Is Lucas sleeping better now emzap?

I'm going to try another run today as work makes it awkward tomorrow. I'll probably only manage three runs this week but it will hopefully be enough to benefit the knee (physio did say that every third day was ok), keep my tenuous grip on sanity and mean that I don't put weight on before xmas :-)

What:            easy miles
Why:             physio's orders
Last hard:     getting out the door and through the initial pain
Last rest:      30/11
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no (ahead of me by seconds again, LMH!)

Yesterday's lyrics were "I am a Rock", Simon and Garfunkel

What: half an hour or so easy off road

Why: about right at present

Els: look far too good! Are you sure that you actually had the procedure?

RFJ: please don't mention Monday's football! Mind you I hope Fulham keep up the good work this weekend!

Chick: calf was playing up in the night and then first thing in the morning a couple of times...and then fine all day and when I ran.

Emz: hip feels fine...but that is perhaps as I am keeping the runs shorter.

Need to get back into my stretching routine!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lmh he is, we are now getting a few nights a week where he sleeps through, but last night was dreadful. He just wouldn't sleep without us (he even fell asleep on the floor next to me and screamed and screamed when I put him in his cot).  Work today will be fun!

Ale good that it's not as sore, hopefully your calves will improve too.

Rest day here for me as I'll drop and pick up Lucas today.

Have a great day all.
  • Options
    Not good emzap - I wonder what the difference is? Hope today isn't too difficult to get through.

Stretch Alehouse!
  • Options
    Morning

Great to see you out and about already Els, all the best for your ongoing recovery.  Better sleep last night hopefully.

Nice pic OH - thanks.

Great work on the exercice bike RFJ and speedy walking 5k too.

Grr to the IT issues chicksta.  I guess the work won't have done itself in the meantime.  Good use of the free time.

Should join you on the stretching routine Ale - maybe we should make an appointment for it..

Hope you don't fall asleep working emzap. 

See your point regarding the 6 weeks LMH.

What: not sure yet - certainly a run of some sorts
    Why: Not following any organized training at the moment.  Slow run yesterday so maybe some short speedwork today.  Don't really have the time for a longer distance run.
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Morning all...woke after a v good sleep and feeling good!
    Ale  I should have got those lyrics. Always feel disorientated when wake up and don't know if I'd had the procedure or not. And only got 2 little puncture holes too show for it! Different story aftwr my bleed in May....I looked rough!
    Lmh...hope something works for the knee. I'm looking forward to running again already and definitely feel much safer without this aneurysm sitting there potentially bleeding at any time and from before I know you get no warning signs!
    Emz. ..baby sleep habits are a trial....yhey do eventually settle down. 
    Hazel...sometimes nice to do what you feel like though I also enjoyed the daily running and you seem much more disiplined than me.
    Anaesthetist said I had the veins of an alt lere   ..ha ha...just not the rest of me!
    So far being lazy...leisurely brekkie shower and a visit to the post choc shop for some pressies planned. Then hope for a walk. Poor daughter is in for repair of her ruptured thumb ligament this am...all fingers crossed for her and hope to see her later.
  • Options
    You're not being lazy Els you're recuperating! Chocolate shopping sounds like my sort of thing :-) Hope the operation (is it C?) goes well.
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Prescription for Els: be lazy for a couple of days. I recently discovered that having any procedure takes more out of you than you think. 

What: about 25 minutes

Why: intended longer...but managed to trip over a tree root buried under leaves and go flying. Good job I had gloves and tracksters on (amongst other things!). Always the left side when I fall so jarred the left wrist, cut my left knee through the tracksters...and banged the hip where I had the procedure. May be a bit tender in the morning but things could be worse! A shame as I was actually running better and enjoying it!  These things happen!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Cademuir 407m elevation 6.5 mile round trip from Peebles.
    Why: post op recuperation (was told no running)
    Last hard: waiting on Monday and again today. Daughter not out from theatre.
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics no

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els / OH - great to hear that all went well, and recovery is well under way!
    LMH - ahh makes sense about the 6 weeks. I suspect it's onec of those "it might work, but we can't guarantee it" types ...
    RFJ - top work 
    Ale - hope the niggle doesn't reappear
    Emz - ah one day you'll look back on these sleepless nights and reminisce (* you won't)

What - hour of trails
    Why - getting out
    Last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday
    Went out yesterday lunchtime (in London) and everything felt heavy. I was tired, lethargic, you name it, I felt it. Had intended to do some 1k reps in the park but I struggled to run sub 9s on the flat roads and the HR was sky high. Did just shy of an hour. Today I decided to wfh and get 2+ hours extra sleep. 
    Over the trails at lunchtime and was skipping along like a new born lamb. 
    Sometimes it just doesn't happen, other days, it does....

Return to coaching the village group tonight, club training back tomorrow!

• Options
    Further 4mile walk up and down the Tweed.
  • Options
    Enjoy the group training Dustin. Yes, I think it was a bit of 'this is the only other thing that might work'.

Oh no Alehouse - I hope you aren't too stiff and sore in the morning.

That's a lot of walking OH. Hope your daughter is out of surgery and all went well.
  • Options
    Ouch, ale! These things happen one but they're still annoying. I always crash onto my left side too.
    At least your calf sounds ok now.

I'm impressed you're out walking already, Els. Great to hear you feel good and raring to go.

LMH: Really hope that the running rather than the resting thing works.

Dustin: the extra zzzz are a huge bonus working from home. Sounds like a lovely run.

Hazel: you see right. The work had to be done today. Buggeration.

Another 5k done tonight. Very cold and windy but the head needed it.