Options

Saturday 19th December 2020 - It was Christmas Eve babe

Morning.

Lyrics - It was Christmas Eve babe
             In the drunk tank

Hope you can get them finished emzap. Have you managed to sell much? Just as well work has finished for me as it will give me time to work through this online training - it's going to take a while.

Did your freezer arrive Hazel?

My knee doesn't feel too bad after running two days in a row which is good as I'd like to do the same Xmas Day and Boxing Day. We are planning an early visit to the M&S food hall and Holland and Barrett after a short walk with Lola then i expect I will walk Lola again before maybe finally getting round to putting the tree and some decorations up. I'm not sure which is going to be more stressful - icing the cake or online training, at least I shouldn't get bored!
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning! 

Yesterday's lyrics were Three Little Birds, Bob Marley and the Wailers.

Lyrics: yes

What: will see what the legs decide 

Why: they're still asleep
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning! Stayed dry for the Christmas run when we made a deformed reindeer and the fast boys got disqualified for taking 10 mins longer than allowed! 
    Gonna be back to solo running this morning.
    M&S food hall sounds tough going, glad we dont have one, think Tesco on Monday will be bad enough.
    Lyrics - nope!
    Have a good day!

• Options
    Morning. 

Glad to hear the knee tolerated that LMH. Good luck with the new role /job - I heard there was 20 hours of online training, is that what you're doing at the minute?

Glad to hear Wabo is a bit better. 

Nice pics OH, I'm sure it must be getting colder now. 

I'll try to catch up a bit later. 

50 minute 10k on Tuesday over Belfast hills. 7.5 miles easy Wednesday, 10 miles easy Thursday. Rest /no time yesterday, hopefully get out today and tomorrow - I'd been hoping to do a 50 mile week, so still have 26 to do

Yes for today's and yesterday's lyrics
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Lmh great news on two days running! Your day sounds festive
    Yes to lyrics
    Chamolk good luck on that mileage! 
    Els good luck on solo run
    Alehouse the legs most be awake now
    Had bad breathing last night after a walk in damp air 🙄
    What a walk later that all
    Why breathing
    Last hard yesterday walk
    Last rest yesterday
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning again!

Good to see you Wabo! Take it easy! Nothing to rush for!

What:  in theory that was an easy run

Why: watch said so. Jaded legs wouldn't agree. No worries! Not training for anything beyond life in general!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning

Wabo: Do take it easy and rest and recover please:-)

What: 6.20 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard fall
    Lyrics : Yes Indeed

Longest run since day before fall and finally RHR gone to an acceptable level 44.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hey wabo, so good to see you. Really hope you're on the mend.

Great pics, OH. How did the tree get there?

Good mileage, chamolk.

Els: Deformed reindeer made think of baking for a moment until I realised it was your group challenge.

Glad to hear your knee would tolerate consecutive runs, LMH.

I'm also dreading food shopping next week 😟

6 consecutive days of running here and not sure I should continue the mini streak or take today off. Been out for a walk to clear my head as I had a virtual Xmas party with the girls from work last night. 5 hours on WebEx and quite a bit of wine was consumed. Doesn't take much to knock me out ;)

• Options
    Wabo, great that you're imporoving no so good that breathing is tough. We take so much for granted. Recover well.
    Muddy solo run enjoyed, only really muddy for half a mile but most of it was soggy and slippery. 
    Mebbe make more mince pies later.
    Chick, you're so busy! Walk sounds good, might take a walk down to the harbour this eve or tomorrow night, lots of boats lit up with Christmas lights and looked nice last night.
    Enjoy whatever you do!

• Options
    I didn't think you'd be allowed out yet Wabo. Great that you are feeling better but please don't push it.

Els - the M&S food hall is far more civilised than Tesco! Very few people about at 0830hrs. Harbour sounds nice.

Look after yourself chamolk, no point in chasing arbitrary targets. I expect you're very busy with work? I haven't added the hours up but I think that would be about right - there are 19 modules just in the SMT.

Great to see you making progress Poppy.

Exactly alehouse. We're running to make us feel better/stay healthy/eat mince pies - not to make us feel worse!

Do what feels right chicksta, you know your body best.

My knees have tolerated consecutive days running previously, but then demanded at least two days off so I'll have a better idea of whether it's progress or not tomorrow.

Xmas songs are on, tree and decorations are going up. No online training has been completed yet today.
  • Options
    Feeling a bit tired and achy so I think I'm going to give running a miss today. 

Christmas songs playing on loop here too. I fancy blues and rock'n roll ones this year - I need a break from Last Christmas, Driving Home for Christmas, All I want for Christmas and the like ;) Spotify is brilliant. 
  • Options
    Just a Scapa loop (5k) today (and a batch of Christmas hazelnut shortbread).
    Pain had returned and weather not particularly inviting.
    Lyrics no

Don't know how the Christmas tree got to wreck other than that there is an unsigned notice saying appreciations can be given in RNLI donations and that they will remove it after Christmas.
    I'm hoping the chocolate decorations will appear soon ... 🤔😋
  • Options
    Hazelnut shortbread sounds nice OH. I wish Mark baked. Sorry to hear that your pain has returned.

Sounds sensible chicksta.
  • Options
    Despite a heavy rain and hail shower in the first mile, my run went very well. 1 mile warm up, 8 miles in 57:30 (started at 7:30/mile then got progressively faster, wanted to see where my current tempo pace is), then a mile cool down.

Good to hear from you Wabo, hope the recovery continues.

Sorry to hear about the pain OH, glad you got out Els. Probably the best option chick, when you feel like that.

Glad the running is getting back to normal poppy

Hope the legs are recovering ale

Wise words LMH, the arbitrary targets can be motivating too though, I'm trying to get back to my previous mileage, but having some easy weeks and keeping a close eye out for any niggles. I'm pushing the miles up fairly fast, but as its just returning to a previous level it seems to be going OK. I've got a very busy week starting 25th, so won't get much running done then unfortunately 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: 5km run this morning at an increased pace as I didn't have time for 10km, then walk into town, then walk with mum friends
    Why: let oh have a lie in as he doesn't far too many hours on Lucas' floor last night, we needed coffee and cake and a few errands, Christmas gathering
    Last hard: witnessing a horrid accident between a car a a cyclist. We ended up phoning ambulance, directing traffic, keeping people at scene and patient calm until ambulance came then speaking to police. Ambulance call handlers were not very good, I had to tell them 6 times where I was and they didn't phone police to come and help block of road. Luckily my friends were wearing yellow coats, so they directed traffic and another friend and I dealt with patient and his wife... Luckily he seemed ok though I was worried initially as he said his legs were tingling... He got taken to hospital to be checked over. Bit more exciting than we were planning on our child free walk!

Wabo good to see you but take it easy please.
    Lmh sewing not going well. Made some things for a lady who measured her children 18cm too big round the waist so have had to alter their skirts instead of doing my sewing :(
    Chamolk nice to see you

Have a lovely evening all.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh this is my 16th day from first day so technically I was allowed out Monday. I didn't remotely want to go out then.
    When we walk we wear masks even now we're both out of isolation 
    I won't be overdoing it trust me, I just can't. 
    Chick enjoy the rocking Christmas tunes
    Els so good you're getting out, great recovery
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Emz - well done you, must have been quite frightening at the time
    Wabo - lovely to see you back, don't overdo things
    Ale - sometimes the legs just don't fancy it - we've all been there!
    chamolk - decent speedy set there. Agree with LMH on the arbitrary mileage targets: quality over quantity!

What - 8 x400m hills first thing: very windy and torrential rain, tough going but pleased with how that went.
    Why - hills 
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that was
    lyric - think so