Options

Sunday 20th December 2020 You will get a sentimental feeling

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited December 2020 in Training
Morning! 

Lyrics: You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear
Voices singing, let's be jolly

Verse 2! And not sure that it is the rock that Chick requested.

What: perhaps an hour

Why: see where the legs take me

Cake needs icing, mince pies making and watch Wabo's team play mine.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Fairytale Of New York - The Pogues.

Wabo - I can't believe it's been that long already. Sorry to hear that you're still feeling so bad.

Speedy chamolk! I hope that some of the busyness after the 25th is time with your family.

Not exactly relaxing emzap! Well done to you and your friends for sorting things. Pain about the lady's mistake costing you sewing time for Lucas though I guess he won't know/mind if they are a day or two late.

I think Monday might be icing day for me alehouse or maybe Tuesday. My jab is due which makes it an even more stressful undertaking.

Have the new rules affected you Dustin or are you going to be able to continue with your club training etc?

Not feeling the love this morning. Both knees ache, it's cold and I'm running out of route options due to flooding, mud and hordes of people still being out and about. Must drag my weary carcass out and do something though.

What:          easy miles
    Why:           rehab
    Last hard:   stopping my knees hurting
    Last rest:    19/12

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I will ice my cake tomorrow, did I say I made one? Few weeks ago.
    Lyrics yes
    Lmh enjoy the easy, it's sunny so I guess might be busy
    Alehouse enjoy the hour! 
    Nothing but a walk for me
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Morning again!

Enjoy your walk, Wabo...but keep it short and easy!

What: 61 minutes d&d

Why: a gentle hour in the fresh air. And it was quite fresh: breezy and some icy rain although there were occasional glimpses of the sun. Grey and wet now. 47+ km for the week, which is a bit more like it.

Hope your run wasn't too painful LMH.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    OMH, emzap. That sounds absolutely horrid. Hope the guy is OK.

LMH: I bet you feel a whole lot better after dragging your carcass out and about ;) Always works for me. 

Wabo: Please take it easy. It may take some time to recover. But like LMH I'm surprised it's 16 days! I thought it was more like a week.

Good mileage (or kilometreage) ale :)

Forrest Gump style 10k for me. Loved it and thought for a moment I would try 10 miles but that would have meant doubling my previous longest run distance and that would just have been foolish. 

35k for the week. Happy days :) 

Have a great Sunday, all.
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Well done Chick! That is a big increase in kilometres, both today and for the week. But no rush!
  • Options
    Chick..good going
    Wabo...I bet it felt like 26 very long days. Glad the recovery is in progress.
    V cold and windy here....and I'm thinking about the cross country race. Must be mad. Though it is short it's the hanging around before and after that's tough!
    Lots of intrepid kite surfers out today. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys :)

Enjoy the xc, if you're going,  Els :smile: 

Forgot to say yes to lyrics and that song is absolutely fine ;)
  • Options
    That's great to hear chicksta and you're right - of course I felt better for it :-)

Did you do the xc Els?

alehouse - it all feels fine after about half a mile until I stop and walk at the end. Just doesn't seem to be getting any better :-( No rain here since overnight which was nice for a change. In fact although it was chilly (feels like 3C) it was bright and not too windy.

Glad you are feeling well enough to go for a walk Wabo but do pace yourself. It seems to be busy all the time regardless of the weather. We took Lola to West Park this afternoon as we delivered toiletries and xmas presents to FiL's care home and it was so busy we actually decided to walk back round the streets instead. Whilst it's good to see people getting out (though many were patently meeting breaking the rules and meeting up with other families/groups) it is frustrating when they show no consideration for social distancing!
  • Options
    Evening!

West Park: wonder if I will get to race there next autumn, LMH.

Hope you haven't had a post-football relapse, Wabo.

2 cakes decorated; mince pie pastry made and chilling in the fridge; fruit for Stollen soaking. I think quite a lot will be given away this year.
  • Options
    The freezer is your friend alehouse - but you are very welcome to post things my way. I get a bit fed up of having to make everything I have. Don't think you'd have wanted to be racing at West Park today - but I do think of you every time we go there.
  • Options
    I have two freezers that are pretty full already LMH! Must reorganise this week and use some things up! Would send some produce to you but parcels are taking ten days to get through!
  • Options
    Swim this morning, trundled around a XC this afternoon.
    Also recorded a couple of tracks (vocal and French Horn) for Christmas eService (Away in a Manger)
    Friend around for coffee after XC, perhaps the last for a while.
    Latest restrictions although jumping from level 1 to level 3 won't make too many differences for us but no more house visits and no more group yoga after Wednesday.
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    Evening

Missed yesterday again.  

Great to see you back on here again and out walking Wabo but as above please take it easy.

Nice pics on Friday OH - liked the rainbow one and the idea of decorating the wreck with a tree! Sorry to hear your are in pain again.  Have the choc decorations appeared yet?

Running a deformed raindeer sounds good Els.  Good luck with the shopping tomorrow. 

Good week's running Chamolk. Nice speedy run yesterday.  Did you bag the 50?

Good progress WP.

Ditto Ale.

5 hour virtual party sounds like hard work chicksta.  6 day streak is good. Have you heard more about your op going / not going ahead?  Sensible restraint today.

Looks like we are gradually heading into a third wave here LMH.  Positive cases are rising again and the hospitals are apparently running full.  Lots of discussion going on about whether ski resorts should be open or not - considering the number of accidents that happen and the fact that people were asked to abstain from risk-related activities in spring. (motorcycling, paragliding etc.) it is odd they have been allowed to open at all.  A vaccine has now been approved but will take some time to get going due to availability.  And of course they need an IT project (rolls eyes - I work in IT).  Good luck with the training for your new job.  The freezer did arrive and is up and running with two items - shopping tomorrow to get more in.

Love the idea of sewing Lucas' gifts Emzap.  Sorry you had to witness that accident and well done for helping.  

Nice hill session yesterday Dustin.  Just the thing to take your mind off of the conditions.  

No Christmas songs on here (bah humbug) - alternating between Vivaldi and Depeche Mode..  B) .  Cake icing tomorrow or Tuesday. Anybody to post a pic (might need some inspiration..)?

What: HM with a bit of progression in 1:49 ish.
    Why: starting to get back into some MLRs with slower start and faster finish
    Last hard: enough peace and quiet to write this post
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics:no
  • Options
    Chick...maybe a bit tough to come in last in first race post aneurysm. But I've always been poor at speeding up when needed. Plus side saw a few folk and it stayed dry and sunny though dark by time we were home at 3.20pm!
    Wabo....I meant 16!
    All the new restrictions while not v much affecting our life just now are very sobering. We had come to terms with not having family home this christmas but friend who was expecting hers home from Mainland Scotland is really upset.

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

very up and down here mentally, start a new round of counselling tomorrow and back in to hospital on Tuesday for my second infusion of DMTs.

On a plus note, 67m on the exercise bike this week and a Pole walking 5K pb with a sub 44 (43:59) on VPR 40/40.

Off work now till next Sunday, so time to try and chill.

Some great running and posting from you all.

If I don't on before Friday, I hope and pray you all have a blessed Christmas even with the restrictions, God bless and take care
  • Options
    Thank you RFJ..hope that the infusions are helpful and counselling goes well.