Options

Thursday 21st January 2021 I once was lost, but now I am found

Morning!

Lyrics: I once was lost, but now I am found
Was blind, but now I see

Rain has stopped but we have had a couple of inches of snow. Must be bad as the floods were on the national news.

What: a run of some description

Why: finding somewhere to run. It won't be the longer run that I was hoping for. Plus stretches.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning alehouse
    I did think of you when I heard that on the news! Have a good safe run!
    Yesterdays lyrics, not sure anyone got them?  The Warrior by  Osibisa
    What a couple of miles
    Why: have to go to work so not so much time today
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest 31/12

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning

Sounds nasty Ale.  Especially if so many houses are endangered.  Hope that the rain stays stopped for a while at least to let some of the water go elsewhere.

That's annoying regarding the door opener Wabo.  Nice active day for you yesterday - sounds like you are recovering well now.

Think of those nice improved abs and other bits chicksta.  Early days yet but how does progress feel compared to foot number 1? 

Fingers crossed OH and Els regarding the heating.  Be careful with moving that furniture around.

Well done for getting out in those conditions and staying on your feet Dustin.  Like the workout comparisons.

Can you get out for a decent walk today LMH?

What: nice ploddy short MLR
    Why: haven't done one yet this week and it will be local therefore likely with ups and downs
    Last hard: 6.4 k LT in 3 chunks - 2.4, 2, 2k with 2 min recoveries yesterday afternoon - first bit of decent speedwork in a few weeks and I ran it at too high an effort/pace
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: hmm - somehow familiar.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - nice LT work!
    Wabo - decent session yesterday, enjoy today's effort
    Els/OH - everything crossed that the heating situation comes to a very quick and satisfactory conclusion!
    Ale - #2 has been sending  us pics of the snow, wasn't aware the flooding was quite as bad as it is. 
    Hopefully it's a bit brighter today (it's started promising here..)

What - supposed to be some kind of speed but may substitute in some hills all the time its muddy!
    Why - generally devoid of energy
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Tuesday's speed 
    lyric - yes indeed. 
  • Options
    Morning again!

To get an idea of the floods the water is half way up the goal posts on the sports fields at the end of my road! Dustin: I was thinking of going to Fallowfield for a run as it is well away from the river! 

Lyrics: on the news yesterday, which is why they may sound familiar, Hazel
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    back again
    dustin effort is the right word! 2 miles and the legs felt it, kettle bells mean lots of squats!! enjoy your hills!
    lyrics yes
    hazel yep lots better, just need a warm drink after a run these days or my throat tickles lol! Have a good ploddy MLR!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Enjoy the MLR Hazel.

Apparently we had some heavy snow here last night alehouse but there was no sign of it when I got up this morning. Hope you found somewhere dry to run.

Take care Dustin - don't want you breaking yourself or making yourself ill.

Good to hear that you are feeling so much better Wabo.

Just back from a longer than planned walk as I had to divert twice because of flooding. I thought that last year was bad but found flooding in places that didn't flood last year.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Afternoon, just!

Glad that you got a decent walk in, LMH, despite the obstacles in your way. 

Not the planned for run here, not due to flooding but due to ice: could barely stand up in places so binned the run after just 1k out and 1k back. Water had gone down four or five feet but those four or five feet are now on the sports fields, golf courses, water parks, allotments etc that are along the river valley. The river level is supposed to rise again as the water up in the hills has yet to travel to the area. 

Stretches this afternoon. Looks like it is going to be a cut back week running-wise, which is fine. 
  • Options
    Photo taken just before one o'clock of the end of my road/sports fields/river/allotments etc. Water had gone down by about 1.5 metres by the time the photo was taken. Apparently you couldn't work out where the river was from earlier drone photos. May be a day or two before I can run that way! And managed to miss the PM during my run. Probably a good thing!
    My house is around ten houses in along the road that goes at 45 degrees.

Stretches d&d!

• Options
    The flooding is getting worse here too alehouse - they closed the road and the country park this afternoon.
  • Options
    Holy moly, ale. That looks horrendous. Be safe!

Hope you enjoyed our outing even though it went not quite as planned, LMH

Hazel: I'm ready to ditch the shoe (obviously I won't) - it feels really good since the stitches were removed. Pretty much on par with the other side I'd say. The week before was nastier than last time. Guess there were just different nerves involved.
    Nice speedwork. Are you following P&L again?

I'm missing the gym and kettlebells, wabo.

Definitely take it easy, Dustin.

More s&c - it's what I do. 

Oh, and I'm quite happy the Orange Dude is gone and there were no riots yesterday. If it weren't for Covid I'd plan another US trip.

• Options
    When can you ditch the boot chicksta? I'm hoping we'll feel ok to go back to America next year (though probably the end of next year).
  • Options
    Yup glad the Orange fella has gone. Otherwise all the news is bleak.
    Wet and windy all day...short 3m run only but we do have functional central heating with a temporary flue....due to be sorted when new part arrives next week. Very pleased about that....will have to stop the huddling own by the fireplace.
  • Options
    Ale  ..hope you took Boris for a run if you encountered him!! Shouldn't he be staying put in London just now though?