Last rest 31/12
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Enjoy your run, Wabo!

What: long stretch,  reasonable length run

Why: I have the time, and hopefully the legs. Not sure about the weather though.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning.

Physio call was at 0810hrs rather than 0830hrs as I thought. Good job I was in. Turns out my fracture is comminuted so slightly worse than I thought. We now have a video consult booked for 0810hrs Friday so that she can see where I'm at. Seems quite pleased with progress so far but did caution that as I'm only four weeks post fracture I need to be cautious for a bit longer. Mark is just back from walking Lola and says that it's still dangerous out. Due to be warmer today so hoping to be able to get out this afternoon <<sigh>>.

Enjoy your runs Wabo and alehouse - but take care!
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    back from mine, it was a crazy club challenge.  To see 5 post boxes on the shortest route I could.  Managed to shrink it from 2 miles to 1.78! Short cuts lol and reversed it so less climbing.  LMH the pavements here are clear now and to be fair I was overdressed!!
  • Options
    Morning

Fingers crossed for some warmer weather everywhere.  At least if it gets the snow and ice shifted.  +7/+8 here tomorrow / Friday - will have to get the shorts out almost.  Though looking at the number of raindrops and the wind strengths featuring on the forecast it won't be nice. 

No cricket today Ale?

Patience LMH.. Must be hard though.  Good thing indeed you didn't miss the call.

Like the challenge Wabo. 

Another great outing yesterday Dustin.

Postponed the down and back up the hill bit until this morning Chicksta.  Also OH had the honours of driving - he is used to the wilds of the southern Black Forest and therefore a lot more accustomed to driving in the snow than I am (I should practice though).  Patience and healing vibes for you too.

Better running conditions might help you to perk up a bit emzap?

Hope you can get back to the beach soon Els.  Carrot cake sounds even nicer than the curry (though I would likely like that too)

What: hmm - probably some hill repeats depending on the ice
    Why: won't have time for a mid-week short MLR until tomorrow
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics:no

• Options
    That is an interesting challenge Wabo.

I'm hoping the weather will be better in a couple of weeks and that I'll be able to resume running then Hazel. Supposed to be up to 8C at 1300hrs so should be thawed in all but the most compacted places. Enjoy your run.
  • Options
    Only a bit of a thaw here and still a lot of ice in fact the trails were worse than the roads this morning but took Dustin's advice and did a trail /mud/ice 10m. Only one fall onto bum and that was on a wet stone. Lovely sunny day with snow on Hoy hills in the distance. Enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Sounds lovely Els. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself when you fell.
  • Options
    Sounds lovely Els. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself when you fell.
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Take care, Els!

Hazel, the cricket was from Sri Lanka; the England team are now on their way to India with the next match starts on Friday 5th Feb. 

What: about 55 minutes off road

Why: all about base building at the moment. Not so many diversions today and could actually get back to my house from the river: was fearing a detour which by that stage in my run I could certainly have done without. 

Wabo: I need to think where my nearest five post boxes are!

Emz: hope you were able to get out for something running-wise!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Feeling a bit better this morning but still glum
    What: 5km from nursery
    Why: it's a good way to fit it in to the day
    Last hard: staying upright for some of it. I took my time and was careful though, did not want a fall!
    Lyrics: nope

Not doing the Jan challenge els but the yoga I did the other day was day 1 of the challenge. Really helped my back and neck which were stiffening up.

Lmh glad you got your appointment, hope it's melted enough for you to get out soon.

Have a great day all
  • Options
    LMH: Eek, that's not such great news regarding the comminuted fracture. Good job you were there to take the call when it wasn't scheduled. Were you able to get out in the afternoon?

Wabo: I'd have to do at least 5 miles to find 5 post boxes! Racking my brain right now and the most I can come up with are 4. That's a great challenge though!

Hazel: Good call to let your other half drive if you're not comfortable with the conditions. I kind of grew up with icy winters and I remember some hairy scenarios when I had just gotten my license. Cars have become so much safter since then which is great. 

Glad you feel a bit better, em. One day at a time :)

Sounds like the floods are subsiding, ale

Nice trail run, Els. Not sure I'd like to fall on my bum on a stone though. Sounds a bit ouchy. 

Off to do my s&c now. I am quite sore from so many days in a row :)
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

Finally a run day as been iced in since Thursday but did indoor exercise kettlebell,weights, resistance bands, wheel of doom even walking on treadmill.

What: 6.2 miles
    Why: Freedom
    Last hard past 5 days
    Lyrics nope

Finally all the ice has gone and back to mist and rain-yay long may it continue :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Good to hear that today is a bit better emzap.

chicksta - it could have been me mishearing her when she made the appointment as I was out walking and on my mobile at the time.

Good that you were able to get out Poppy.

I did get out this afternoon. My friend came over so we did Lola's afternoon walk. One heart in mouth moment as the pavements aren't totally clear, hopefully tonight's rain and mild temperatures will deal with the remaining compacted snow/ice.
  • Options
    An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Swim this morning (Marwick Bay) with friend who hadn’t swum for a while due to baby (now 1yo) and Covid. Calm and sunny but cold. Just 14minutes and ~ 200m.
    4.3 mile run this afternoon to complete 100 for January.
    continuing work on house. More pipe insulation and preparing for more lagging.
    Plumbers installed balanced flue today, meaning that heating was off again but work is now complete. Flooring shop contacted to renew linoleum and vinyl flooring in kitchen an bathroom. 
    “Twas on a Monday morning ... “
    Didn’t run or swim yesterday.
    last hard: trying not to fall over on near lethal icy pavements today
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Poppy glad you've been able to get it
    Els hope the fall wasn't bad! 
    Emzap glad you're feeling better
    Alehouse nice running!
    Hazel hope you had a good run
    Chick hope not too sore
    The other nice thing about post boxes is to spot all the different kings/queen's
    There's others I could go to bit this was the shortest distance- 1.77
    Night all