Why I'm in the mood
Last hard yesterday's shenanigans
Last rest 31/12
Have a good Friday all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick what did kings and queens mean, the ones on the post boxes? A mat of mine is an expert actually! She knows all the local ones. 
    Lmh hope you had a better night
    Anyone seen the news about cookie the lost whippet? That's the forest I run in. Hope she's home soon
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Annie's Song, John Denver. Also adopted by football teams: 
    You fill up my senses,
    Like a gallon of Magnet,
    Like a packet of Woodbines,
    Like a good pinch of snuff,
    Like a night out in Sheffield,
    Like a greasy chip butty,
    Like Sheffield United,
    Come fill me again

Also an instrumental hit for Jame Galway and his flute. 

What: uncertain yet

Why: uncertain weather. Plus stretches.

By "yesterday's shenanigans" I imagine you don't just mean the football, Wabo! Enjoy your run!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning

glad everything is ok Wabo. 

Well done on the MP running Dustin. 

That does sound like a pain with the training OH.

Similar problems regarding the vaccine here chicksta.  Some regions have mostly used up their allocation on the first dose and will likely have issues getting in a second dose on time for everyone. 

Covid has come a lot closer here - my downstairs neighbours are in quarantine as Mrs Neighbour (a teacher) has tested positive.    We have had occasional IMO safe contact with them in the last days (outside with distancing and brief) but I had to dissuade OH to run off and be tested as well as I have no desire to be put into quarantine whilst waiting for the results!  If you have no symptoms (he hasn't) you also have to pay for the test yourself or lie that you have but that definitely means 10 days quarantine.

Might be tricky route finding here today - very windy at times and going out into the woods might be a bit dodgy.  Will plod some village loops if I have to.  At least I got my hill reps in yesterday - is running uphill with a tailwind cheating though?

What: some sort of short MLR hopefully
    Why: need some miles
    Last rest: 30.03.2021

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Definitely doesn't sound as though you need to be isolating let alone getting tested Hazel. Fifteen minutes face to face contact at 1m distance or less is the criteria here.

We had a lot of rain overnight alehouse - I'm expecting more flooding. Couldn't walk with Mark and Lola this morning due to physio call but hope to get out soon. Hope you get a good window of opportunity.

Enjoy Wabo.

Physio is pleased with my progress and that shoulder isn't frozen (yet, it still might). She's a keen cyclist so understands my desire to be back doing asap and said that it's nice to work with someone with my attitude - but I mustn't push things too much.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse as my other half said, what a waste of a  night, let's go for a walk tonight!! But I was referring to the hospital malarky - getting there hanging round etc. I am used to spursyness lol!
    Good news with the physio LMH, glad you have such a good understanding one
    hazel, lets hope it stays in the nieighbours place! Hope you get a good MLR in, no I think the tailwind isn't cheating lol
    Back from a really nice 3.25 mile run, felt so good today, could have done more but still building slowly!
  • Options
    Morning again!

As a relative neutral I found it a waste of an evening, Wabo! Lack of intensity without the ball. And with it!

All sounds good with the physio, LMH.

Stay safe, Hazel!

What: just over 59 minutes

Why: didn't have watch showing time or otherwise I would have had to make it up to an hour. Mixed surfaces but one 3k section on the river banks was hard work. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Afternoon!
    A trip to Stromness for me to buy some wool. Would have loved a run there for a change of scene but couldn't persuade anyone else to come and still feel a bit vulnerable being too far from home. 
    So back for another ascent of wideford hill, at least it's never the same twice. Today sheets of ice on the main path up  and not much better on the mountain bike track down so a lot of bits of walking. Still I'm calling it a run!
    Someone send me some bravery!
    Nice to get a video consult LMH, my daughter found hers v helpful.
    Hazel, guess you'll be shopping for the neighbours for a bit. But stay safe indeed.
    Quite a chilled yoga session last night indeed Chick. 
    Wabo, one thing I have never run in here is a forest, or elsewhere now I think of it, must remedy that sometime!
  • Options
    Do you have a forest to run in Els? I can't remember many trees. Do you have a Road ID, although it wouldn't stop anything happening I do find it reassuring to wear one when I'm out, just in case.

Good that you felt able to do more but are being sensible Wabo.

I think that would have irked me alehouse.

No snow or ice here but lots more flooding.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - well done for getting out, even if it's a similar route. I can appreciate the "never the same twice" sentiment too (see below)
    LMH - I guess that's kind of positive with the physio? At least she's on your side and knows how you feel
    Hazel - keep safe, and take it a bit easier today after the hills. Oh and there is no "cheat" on hills, wind or no wind!
    Wabo - sensible head on? well done!!
    Ale - Sheff U supporter singing? I guess this week is about the first time this season! Well done on the hour (ish)

What - trails. 10k's worth
    Why - It's been raining for hours
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - I guess Wednesday but even today's "easy" was a slog
    Having failed to get out in daylight yesterday made a point of heading out at lunchtime.
    Was only ever going to be an "easy" run but the fields were awash with mud, round the ponds and streams it was more like ankle deep pools - one a good 30m across - and in the woods it was just treacle. 
    Proper "lift your feet" XC type running, so even though I rarely dipped below 9mm , effort wise it was a solid 8 out of 10. 
    So like Els, may be a familiar route but it's nearly always different. Especially at this time of year!
    Another joyous run.

• Options
    I felt it was very positive Dustin. Glad you managed to get out in daylight today.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Wabo said:
    Chick what did kings and queens mean, the ones on the post boxes? A mat of mine is an expert actually! She knows all the local ones. 
    Lmh hope you had a better night
    Anyone seen the news about cookie the lost whippet? That's the forest I run in. Hope she's home soon
    I'm German, wabo. We have no kings and queens here, that's why it's easy for me. Our post boxes are just yellow with a horn on them :) 

Hazel: Oh dear. Hope your neighbour is OK and both of you are safe and healthy. 

Sounds positive, LMH

Ale: My OCD would have made me do that extra minute :D 

Better be safe than sorry, Els. I'd much rather walk and stay in one piece. I love those easy yoga sessions every now and again. My back and shoulders were so sore from laptop work, it did wonders for me last night. 

Sounds like a decent effort, Dustin.

Quite a bit of the white stuff coming down currently. Glad I don't have to go anywhere. 

s&c done & dusted first thing today as I couldn't sleep.

Have a great weekend, all :)

• Options
    Evening! 

Chick/LMH, normally I would have made it up to an hour but didn't check the watch until after my shower so wasn't going to get changed again! Lesson noted!

Sounds tough, Dustin. And Els!