Options

Monday 1st February 2021 Dear God, you made many, many poor people.

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Dear God, you made many, many poor people.
I realise, of course, that it's no shame to be poor.
But it's no great honour either!

Yesterday's were "Here Comes the Sun", The Beatles.

What: an hour,or perhaps 59 minutes. 

Why: run to feel

Big day: pension day and then at The Christie. 

Wabo: I think your team's performance was even worse than my team's.

Good to see you RFJ!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Good to see you RFJ - don't be a stranger.

Hope all goes well alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Ha Ha Ale! I don't usually run by time but was pleased to finish my run at 1 hour and a minute yesterday or might have had to make it up to the hour! All the best at Christie.

RFJ - tough illness to deal with but you are doing a lot of miles on the bike, well done and hope it helps.

Freezing cold but beautiful walk on the west coast yesterday, so much ice on the ground. Then a fairly boring run as it was getting dark so couldn't do anything too exciting. Family (minus one) skype call last night was quite good. But I hated yesterday's yoga!

Can't quite see when will be able to have a trip away again. (Apart from a scheduled scan in Inverness prob beginning March, if are allowed to travel for it). We cancelled a holiday cottage last March at beginning Covid, rebooking for a year later, have just deferred that a little while ago until Oct, can't even see that being feasible. At least had a couple of mini breaks last autumn after hospital procedures with a couple of days chilling afterwards before we came home which was nice for a change of scene. What's really unsettling is not being able to go and see grandaughter when she arrives.

Today was meant to be first run in company for 2 weeks but there's snow out where my friend lives and she doesn't want to risk it.

Sorry bit of a moany post, I have it easy compared to lots of folk! And no idea of Lyrics.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Alehouse my teams performance was worse than any other team this weekend!!
    RFJ lovely to see you posting and good you are hitting your targets
    els. it is ok to moan! We all do at some point hope you do get out for a run anyway
    alehouse, hope all goes well today, wish I could have my pension
    LMH hope all is well with you

what: just under 4, inc 5k on the rides with mate, slightly quicker than 2 weeks ago
    why: it seems to be a Monday thing thank goodness, it kick starts my week
    last hard: that was
    last rest: 31/12

have a good day all 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning

Would also go for 1 hour and 1 minute Ale.  Had to look up The Christie - good luck.

RFJ, you are doing great with your goals. 

Some sort of a perspective on even a modest break would help.  Sorry - was feeling a bit frustrated yesterday morning.  And certainly I am also lucky so far - I have my health and my job still and so do those around me.  Tough 2020 for other reasons.

Bit chilly yesterday Chicksta - nice blue sky though.

Well done on your Jan mileage Wabo and a nice long run yesterday too.

Jan stats: 392k.  Long month with plenty of weekends and a couple of extra days off for bank holidays so a good clutch of MLRs boosted that. 

What: recovery
    Why: Monday / decent MLR yesterday - hilly rather than fast and new route
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    RFJ - glad to see you hitting your targets, nicely done
    Ale - impressive January stats, enjoy the less than 60 today and good luck for later
    Wabo - likewise, a decent January tally and good work with the XC and todays faster 5k
    LMH - sorry to hear about the cancellation. It would be nice to have something to look forward to. We have last year's 2 weeks in Lanza rolled to this July , not sure that will still happen, and not sure I want to go if it means isolating before, during and after....

What - a few easy miles
    Why - lighter week
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - January

11 trail miles yesterday, not all places had bridges...

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    what a photo Dustin!!! Love  that kind of run
    Hazel fab miles for January!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning!

Well what are we supposed to say, Dustin? "Nice legs, shame about the face"? And I, also, love that type of run. 

Great kilometres for January, Hazel! And decent long run yesterday. 

What: just under 80 minutes, largely off road. 

Why: that will probably be my long run this week. Found it hard work towards the end. Just general tiredness. 

You wouldn't know that there had been floods, apart from several obstacles in my way at various places: 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Looks like you have a large beaver problem there Ale....

Just over 5 nice and easy miles, felt good to not have the monthly target to chase!
  • Options
    Tee hee, Dustin: I thought the same. One hell of a beaver at work ;) Omg, didn't your feet get horribly cold? What's the temp?

Good to see you, RFJ and well done on the targets.

Really impressive monthly total, Hazel

Perhaps sensible of your friend, Els. Hopefully you can manage a run together soon.

Not sure I understand your post about pension day and The Christie, ale.

Nice running, wabo.

Glad your MiL got he jab, LMH. Hope she doesn't feel too rough. I managed to book 1st and 2nd slots for both my parents at the weekend. We are having a bit of a slow start to proceedings here ;)
  • Options
    Dustin - looks freezing!
    Wabo, you've done great since recovering from Covid.
    Chick, Mon is our run together day as it's her day off. However not all bad ran with my crazy vet friend this afternoon instead.  Mainly trails and mainly I am too slow for her but we had a good chat and met a few folk along the way socially distanced of course! 10.6 miles with only 4 hours sleep for A, busy night on call for her.
    New trail shoes arrived, feel a bit tight, went for a different model in the interests of durability. Wearing them indoors now to decide if keeping them or not. Beautiful sunny day, even took my jacket off!
  • Options
    Clouds reflected in the sea at scapa and a faint rainbow!