Options

Wednesday 3rd February 2021 ...the rain is gone, I can see all obstacles in my way.

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: ...the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way.

Just a long Pilates session today. 

Very quiet yesterday. Hope everyone is ok. 

Good session, Dustin!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Thought that as well Ale.  Hope you are ok today and got in some sleep after your news yesterday.

Good session indeed Dustin - don't think I would like that at all. 

What: some sort of speedwork, likely not inspired by Dustin's 400s though, probably some LT stuff again (long intervals rather than en bloc)
    Why: very gentle outing yesterday (did at least find someone for it which picked me up no end) and longer planned for tomorrow
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: grr - sure I should know these but snipping my fingers hasn't helped yet.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    What - hour easy over the fields
    Why - Recovery
    Last rest - 10/10
    Last hard - Yesterday
    lyric - yes

Well it was warmer here today but raining earlier.
    Went out at lunchtime and the sun made a guest appearance, but do not be deceived, the going underfoot is probably the worst it has been for years.
    Thick mud, streams on the paths, and plenty of puddles.
    Enjoyable run!
  • Options
    Lyrics - yes!
    Ale - I hope all goes well tomorrow and am sure you will again have a good response to the treatment. Are you to stay overnight or allowed home, I mean it must be a good couple of miles away!
    Very quiet here today and yesterday. 
    Uneventful day yesterday, just a few miles run around Stromness as accompanied Peter on his dental trip, out and back 2 miles which didn't really get me anywhere interesting and then a few little snowy trails near the dental centre until he was finished.
    Today took my new trail shoes on a 7.5m test run, again not the most exciting route as didn't want to be too far from home if they were uncomfy but they seem OK just a little on the narrow side on one foot but loosening up. Still a bit of icy/light snow stuff on the side roads.
    Hope everyone busy in a good way if not on here.
  • Options
    First of all apologies for not posting yesterday - will explain why further down :)

OMG, ale - that's a bit of a shock. Crossing all available digits for you. Naive as I am I thought The Christie was a pub and had something to do with watching the cricket or so. Oops. 

Els: Hope the shoes widen enough. I usually send mine back if they don't feel like slippers on first try. Those were really lovely pictures the other day. 

Sounds like an enjoyable mudfest, Dustin.

Hope LMH is ok. 

I was busy with work during the day yesterday and then it was mum's 80s birthday so we had her over for dinner. 

Our snow is melting at the moment and it's a treacherous ice rink out there. Not that I am going anywhere. Apparently we are forecast a ton of snow at the weekend (up to 60cm) and temps are supposed to drop to minus 20 next week. I seriously hope they're wrong. At least I don't have to train for a spring marathon. If things were normal I'd be really cheesed off if snow stopped play. 
  • Options
    Happy 80th Chick's mum!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Lyrics yes
    Els my new shoes same thing. My new shoes are never like slippers as chick said. 
    Nice running Dustin
    Chick happy 80th to your mum! 
    Alehouse hope Pilates was good
    Hazel hope the speed was good
    What 3 miles solo this morning
    Why just wanted to
    Last hard that was in the new shoes
    Last rest 31/12 
    Catch up better tomorrow
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can