WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Lyrics.  Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
Morning all
What run with mate this morning, walk this afternoon another mate
Why fun
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12

Got to pop in to work today as well, popping in twice a week is the plan now. 
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Morning!

Lyrics: indeed...

Yesterday's were the much covered Blue Moon, heard far too often in these parts as it is Manchester City's anthem.

Happy birthday Donaldo! From what I have seen of your training you seem to be in good shape!

So yesterday's hospital visit was for an echocardiogram and have an ECG monitor fitted until next Tuesday. 
    Today's hospital visit is for blood tests.
    Hopefully won't go near a hospital before next Tuesday!

Managed a km walk yesterday but definitely slow and definitely needed my stick! Aim to walk again today.

Grey and cold but watching warm cricket from India.

I was going to start the thread but it said closed for maintenance.

Enjoy work, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning

Nice bit of socializing Wabo - have fun.

More impressive DIY skills OH - sounds like you might be taking up caving as a hobby next?

Well done to you daughter OH and Els - that is great news.

6-7 @ 7:40 sounds hard enough Dustin.  Great mileage over the 10 days.

When are you off Chicksta?  Saw the extension of lockdown in Germany but seems there are some plans for reducing measures a bit.

Hope you get out again Ale.

What: some sort of easy MLR
    Why: mid-week miles
    Last hard: 4 @ LT d&d yesterday afternoon - 6.5k in 28:01. Avg. 4:18/k (target 4:17 - 4:22 so bang on).  First k felt good, minor stitch around km 3 produced a bit of whinging, rest was hard but hung on.  Lungs worked harder than the legs.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics:no
  • Options
    Afternoon, hope you are able to make progress Ale with everything going on..
    Lyrics - yep! Wabo, enjoy seeing your workmates.
    Glad to hear Chick's foot is beginning to cooperate!
    Still a bit unmotivated. Made soup and pastry first thing and finished some knitting then a 7m run. It's turned cold again after last weekend's unexpected warm sunshine...well it is only 4 March.

• Options
    Afternoon

What: 5 mile run
    Why because  i could
    Last hard: Running faster than normal!
    Lyrics: yes

Three days of this faster running legs and body seem to want to at the moment.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    some plans were scuppered, back from work.  Didn't run with mate and not walking with mate! Running, I pulled out as I realised I had too much going on, walk mate pulled out as she has had her vaccine and worried about side effects etc.
    So billy no mates is now home from work and I think I will go run on the treaddie  whilst watching tv
    Els you do get a lot done, you put me to shame!!
    Chick glad foot is getting there
    Nice to see you Poppy!
  • Options
    SCoombes2SCoombes2 ✭✭✭
    The Lyrics - Hmm Jenny Agg (devilish smile..) ;)
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hello Simon! Don't understand your reference! Explain it tomorrow or when we meet up! Perhaps in the autumn at this rate!

So very exciting here (not): got a taxi to the hospital for my blood test (PSA) and then walked and got a bus back and walked. Probably about 1k. Didn't feel too bad apart from tired when I had finished, which is ridiculous really! Think my body has had quite a shock! Not had to press the ECG monitor to record any issues thus far. 

Don't forget, slow is the new fast, WP! Ask LMH (who we are still missing!)!

Sounds a decent session yesterday, Hazel!

Shame that your plans were scuppered, Wabo! Hope that you get a good run in, treadmill or not. 

Still sound busy, Els! Have you had your results from last week yet? Meant to say well done with your youngest getting the Swiss job! But sad that at present it doesn't seem as if any of you will be able to travel to see the baby when she is born.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    good 3.5 on treadmill
    Feel good
    go easy on yourself alehouse, I know you will.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done, Wabo! Hate the treadmill...but would love to be able to get on one at present. Definitely taking it easy at present: little choice!

• Options
    Swim and some insulation done.
    Just about to run.
    2 more days of relative isolation ...
    Last hard - today's swim.
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    Wabo - that's a shame, still you got the run done!
    Ale - good that you haven't had any "events" today, still frustrating for you.
    How is LMH getting on?
    No idea when I get scan results, seem to have to go via v roundabout route, I'm guessing 6-8 weeks but could be longer. Shouldn't be fazed by wait but would like to know how things are!
    Just out for a chilly walk, need to sort food now and making dough for cardamon buns.,
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Ale you've got a lot going on, please take it easy.

What: just under 5 km this morning
    Why: took Lucas to nursery then ran a round about route home
    Last hard: that was, I was knackered after 800m!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely evening all.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    as others have said Ale, please take it easy but hopefully all goes well on Tuesday.
    Hazel - cracking run on the LT! 
    Wabo - glad you managed a run after all
    Nice runs too Els,OH, WP & Emz

what - easy 10k
    why - few long days at work have left me flat for anything exotic 
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yes