Options

Sunday 7th March 2021 I ain't had no lovin' since January, February, June, or July

Morning!

Lyrics: I ain't had no lovin' since January, February, June, or July

What: hopefully another short walk, perhaps a short Pilates session

Why: doing what I can without  overdoing it.

Also managed two times 15 minutes pottering in the garden. May do the same again if it is warm enough.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like progress, albeit slowly Ale. Have you recorded any events on monitor?
    Lyrics - nope!
    hazel, good to get a social run.
    Quiet day yesterday, had a short run to pick up some eggs from honesty box 2 m away, realised I could go there but not a shop and yes did manage to run home with them slowly!
    Afternoon sun came out for a couple of hours and had a nice walk with Peter in S Ronaldsay along the mile long beach and up onto the cliffs,  though he got sore so had to turn back....good timing though as return coincided with rain!
    Going to tackle part of St Magnus way with friend in a minute.  I know that the first mile involves heather bashing and difficult routefinding but should be good after that. Heavy rain forecast but not started yet!
    Have a good Sunday folks!
    Hopefully Skype chat with some of the kids tonight.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - nice elevation and good to get a social in.
    Ale - pleased you're getting something done, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be. Keep positive.
    Els - Hope you didn't get rained on, I initially read your trip for eggs as 2 metres...

Didn't post yesterday, caught up with domesticity
    Yesterday felt all round fed up and lethargic, so canned a hills session I had actually been looking forward to and did 9 easy road miles. Heart not in it, pace so so, but got it done.
    Today - 13 trail miles
    Why - recharge the senses and enthusiasm
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - much of it at the moment.
    Beautiful crisp morning today and bumped into a few running pals at various points. Only downside was some fly tipping way off the beaten track. Must be a mile down a single track path to dump what was about 4 carrier bags worth of decorators rubbish.
    Makes my blood boil.
    lyric - not sure I do...

• Options
    Hate littering etc Dustin. Now that would be an honesty box by my front door!
    Good running! 
    Rain more like light drizzle so not at all bad. Up and over heathery hill and down over some trails and back..12 miles...albeit at rather slow pace...discovered had forgotten how to run and chat so concentrated on the chat! Nice!
    Ale...hope you're having a good day.
    Covid Jag 2 tomorrow!
  • Options
    Evening

Hope everything went as you intended Ale.  

Great you had a social run at last Els.  Good priority setting regarding running and chatting.  Heather sounds hard to run over.  St Magnus Way looks interesting - just looked it up.  Hope the Skype chat works out. I       regularly run past an egg farm but haven't thought about putting any in my pockets yet as I didn't want to get back with scrambled eggs.

Good idea to can the hills in that sort of mood Dustin.  Save it for another day when you are feeling up to it.  Bloody rubbish.  Less of it here fortunately but enough.

What: progressive sort of HM (well 20k then 1k cool-down)
    Why: classical easyish out and faster back P&D style run but I couldn't resist a bit of progression
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Sounds a decent run, Hazel!

Yes, the fly tipping is annoying, Dustin. Hope the senses were re-charged though!

Good to have company to chat to, Els! The eggs made me smile, which is one of the few things that has today. After feeling reasonably good when I got up, an hour or so later I was light headed again for most of the day. Plenty to eat, plenty of fluids. No walk, just a few minutes in the garden. No exercises. No explanation! It has been a week since I took any meds that are likely to cause a problem. Will be glad of my next discussion with the cardiologist on Tuesday who might be able to suggest a way forward. Perhaps I am just being impatient! 

Have enjoyed the European athletics and RFJ will have enjoyed his football team's victory. Now watching Wabo's lot!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Didn't know athletics was on today ale. I bet you're getting frustrated, this is going on a while.

What: 15 very X country km. First 7km took an hour then did 8km in 45 min so you can guess where the mud and tails were.

Why: Meant to be doing one of those adventure races whilst oh and Lucas played in the woods, them combine with a shop on the way home. Lucas got grumpy so oh took him home and I abandoned my adventure run at the closest point to home and ran home. To complete it then run home would have been around 25km I think so I wasn't going to do that. Shopping will wait

Last hard: that!

Lyrics: nope

Dustin good idea to postpone.

Els the eggs made me giggle. Good long run!

Hazel sounds like you're doing well with the runs too.

Have a lovely evening all. Early one here, am cream crackered
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd posted, lyrics yesterday were harvest moon by Neil young
    Night night emzap
    Els nice lot of running today! 
    Football, yay! 
    Alehouse sorry you weren't feeling too good today

What 4.5 miles proper cross country
    Why oh took me on a jaunt deers and deer tunnel
    Last hard that
    Last rest 31/12