Morning!

Lyrics: Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothin' ever seems to fit

What: hopefully a walk

Why: hopefully a better day

Rain due shortly though.

Wonder how, and where, Chick is.

Yesterday's lyrics were Shine on Harvest Moon, much recorded and over a hundred years old! Probably the last of the moon themed songs!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    That's funny alehouse I also did harvest moon on Saturday but a different one! Hope you do have a better day
    Lyrics are familiar
    Where is chick, good question alehouse
    What 5 mile solo run
    Why run the sum, 8k 
    Last hard yesterday's
    Last rest 31/12

Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning

Hopefully Chicksta is enjoying her holiday in the meantime. 

You don't sound too optimistic by the lyrics today Ale.  Fingers crossed for a walk again today. 

What happens if you overrun the 8k Wabo - does it not count for RTS?

What: 5miles solo will be on the agenda here too - recovery to easy pace with some strides
    Why: should be the right sort of thing for a Monday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Oh dear Ale I had hoped you were beginning to recover!
    Lyrics..no.
    V quiet here yesterday.
    Emz...sounds quite a tough running day but enjoyable!
    Walk with friend shortly then covid Jag 2.
    Hopefully run this afternoon. Probably an easy one.
    Nice Stoke chat with 3 of the 4 offspring last night....but not the same as really seeing them.
    V foggy morning.
    Fingers crossed for a better day Ale.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hazel if you over run its fine.  The people who do the exact k's will be at the top of the leader board followed by people who do it plus a bit more like me. I wont do the 1k because it doesnt tick the 1 mile streak saver for me.
    TBH its just a bit of fun with a bit of direction
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just back from a hilly 5, on the road but hilly! Hungry as anything now!!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I seem to be hungry all the time, Wabo...and I'm not burning many calories!

It had stopped raining so drove the mile to the nearest supermarket, quick shop and then walked for 20 minutes. Can't say that I felt great. Permanently tired as well as permanently hungry!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    KellerKeller ✭✭✭
    (I've looked at a few of these and don't have a clue what's going on!) :blush:
  • Options
    Swim so far (400m - 870m to go)
    Monday evening group run shortly.
    Roof space insulation complete.
    Had 2nd Covid jag this morning (and hopefully will be on other side of needle next week)
    Last hard groping around in a confined space.
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    Keller
     it's a a group that posts daily
    Thread starter posts some lyrics (which are revealed following day)
    Subsequent posters say what you've done/are doing that day (running and other stuff)
    Why
    Last hard
    Last rest
    Whether you know song and singer of the lyrics (but don't reveal the details if you do)
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well summed up, OH!

Keller: come and join us (and anyone else lurking!). I will add that it is a very supportive group, and a wide range of ages and abilities. 

Managed to have a further potter in the garden as by late afternoon was feeling considerably better. Spent most of the time talking to neighbours though!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Greetings from La Palma 😎 and sorry for being AWOL. Last couple of days at work were horrid and then I felt I needed a break from my phone 📱🙃

So we got our test done on Thursday, received results on Friday, managed a haircut and survived a 5hr flight ✈️ with a mask 😷.

It's a lovely place but running around wearing a mask in public sucks. You can take it off on the beach ⛱ but if you're out for a walk or ging to the beach it's mandatory. Doesn't make a lot of sense 🤷🏼‍♀️. Anyway, it's wonderful to be in a different place for a change and the island really beautiful.

• Options
    Looks lovely chick but you've lost me at the 5 hour flight! Enjoy!
    8 mile walk this morning only 3m run this evening...not much else to report except was surprisingly social getting Jag...three nurses I knew doing them and all the theatre nurses coming for theirs. Felt wierd after not seeing folk for a while but in a nice way!
    Hope evening is good too Ale!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Thanks Chick for the photos, you know how to make me jealous!!
    Wabo, Hazel - well done with the respective 5s
    OH - good work with the swim run double, plus DIY & a jab!
    Emz - envious of your XC sounds fun
    Els - good walking 
    Keller - welcome, do stick around

What - 7 miles to Viccy Park
    Why - back in London 
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - running along canals, the park is fun (if busy), but I don't like the towpaths...
    lyric - possible
    Mrs D got her covid jab notification (2 weeks time). No news from work, so my test on Friday means I am clean.

• Options
    Left sided pain cramped run this evening.
    No DIY today, Dustin.