Last rest 31/12
Happy Saturday all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Morning!

Lyrics: thanks for keeping the theme going, Wabo! And most appropriate here again today. 

Yesterday's lyrics were Gene Kelly with Singing in the Rain. You are right, OH, I used them quite a few years ago. Clip below... ignore the adverts!

Singing in the Rain - Singin' in the Rain (6/8) Movie CLIP (1952) HD - YouTube

What: probably nothing

Why: not feeling well at all.

Go well in your 5k, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Maybe things will perk up a bit Ale. How was yesterday?
    Got today's lyrics though.
    Attempting sourdough hot cross buns...but not sure they will work.
    Running somewhere....dunno where?
    Wind has finally gone but drizzly. So cold out yesterday.
    Anyone had updates from missing folk?
  • Options
    Swim shortly
    To complete Polar Bear Challenge
    Rest would be good, but vaccination sessions AND appraisal looming ...
    Won't be doing much running or swimming in next 2 weeks. :'(
    Lyrics no
    Sun, rain, sun so far this morning ...
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    You're welcome alehouse, so sorry you're not feeling well.
    Oh go you!! Enjoy the swim
    Els you should be on bake off! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    PBC (Arctic) 2020/21 ✓
  • Options
    Same problem or something new AH?
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done on finishing the challenge, OH!

Very (very, very!) erratic blood pressure last night, shaky, light headed, shivering but hot, discomfort back of head etc. Came on not long after evening meal. Continued until midnight and then BP suddenly went back to normal. Didn't sleep at all well though despite being very tired. Blood sugar or electrolyte imbalance? Neurological?

Having rested all morning (unheard of!) I feel a lot better...but still got a "tired" feeling head!

Els:  LMH and I are in touch on a fairly regular basis! And "spoke" with Emz on Wednesday!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Oh Ale what a rotten time you were having. Tried to read up on autonomic dysfunction after covid immunisation but only found it related to long covid and didn't talk about any treatment. I guess just wears off in time. Had hoped you'd feel better.
    Slight shiveryness and tired this week post second Jag though first was entirely fine...feel ok now though.
    Out for 9m with friends who I haven't run with for a while this morning. Followed by a chilly cuppa from take away van and Eves buns! Yum.
    Don't think I'd make bake off grade....I'm not into fancy presentation/decoration but I do like to bake. I like to watch it though.
    Is LmH back running Ale....?

• Options
    Oh no Ale. Not good. Hope you are feeling better this evening.

Did the hot cross buns work out Els? I quickly get bored /frustrated when I get to the decorating stage and generally don't bother with fancy things. Seems you had a good run today.

How did the 5k go Wabo? More sleep before?

Well done on the PBC OH! Nice pic! Hope you get in a bit of running /swimming in the next couple of weeks.

What: solo local 10k
    Why: no Saturday training, remaining guy had short term chores to do.
    Last hard: not freaking out when a tree crashed down a few metres from me, was a bit gusty and the location a bit turbulent.
    Last rest: 30.03 (yep Wabo, 1 year not far off but won't count until it is done ☺)

Lyrics: hmm vaguely familiar is the best I can do.
  • Options
    It's a twelve hour prove Hazel so not sure...they've risen a bit maybe not as much as should have so far!
    I'd freak out at a tree crash....not that it's likely in Orkney!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Very scary, Hazel!

Well done, OH.

Hope your club 5k goes well, wabo.

Els: fingers crossed those cross buns rise some more and turn out well. I'm not into fancy decorations either.

Sorry to hear you're still unwell, Ale.

Just some exercises for me today. It's lovely to do them on the patio overlooking the sea 😊
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Not jealous at all, Chick

THat tree incident sounds scary, Hazel!

ElsLMH is running a couple of times a week...which I imagine is not enough! 
    I am sure that she would welcome messages via the RW message system!

Have felt marginally better this afternoon and my stick and I walked a km to get the papers. Hard work though! Which is ridiculous!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - well done with the club 5k
    OH - nicely done with the PBC
    Ale - sorry to hear your not feeling so good today
    Hazel - decent work with the 10k. Scary with the tree! I often hear plenty of creaking in the high winds near here. I think it's the trees, it could be my knees or hips though  :D

What - hills, 5x650m, jog back recovery, 12 miles all in.
    Why - owed myself a hill set
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - that
    Topped it off with a 5 mile walk with Mrs D through the swampy country park this afternoon.
    I'll sleep well tonight!