Options

Friday 9th April - See me in me heels and ting

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Lyrics - See me in me heels and ting
Dem check, sey we hip and ting
Heard this the other morning on radio 2, wonder who will know it?

What challenge run, pubs on the run
Why club
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12
I have to run by 8 pubs in my local area starting and finishing at home, BUT they must be in alphabetical order! It will be 5.8 miles
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics ring a bell, but no idea who by

You have got me thinking about the alphabetical order of my local pubs, Wabo! Shame that they are closed or you could have quite an adventure!

What: a couple of kms plus I really must get back to my stretches

Why: all I am doing/need to get in the routine
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    One of my mates only ran a 5k she lives in Walthamstow, lots of pubs! It's the alphabet thing making my run long
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse, keep going, it makes me smile each time I see you post you're running
  • Options
    Morning

oooh - a pub crawl Wabo!  Would be an interesting challenge for me with only one pub in the village - will try to work it out (challenge enough). 

Enjoy those km Ale.  Hope there is enough want to do it and not must do it. (looks at oneself sternly..)

Hope you got home ok OH and Els.  Cute pic!

More core work than I have done emzap - well done.

P&D 55-70 latest edition, week 3 Dustin.   Have been at the 50 - 57 mark for a few weeks now (with regular cut back weeks) so decided to put in the first weeks of that to see how I get on.  Due to the long week this week I am mostly sticking to steady pacing rather than the standard P&D pick up the pace on the second half.  Yesterday's was hilly so I cut the distance down a bit to compensate.

What: recovery
    Why: need one
    Last hard: the ground - again!  Sure that root jumped up as I crossed it.  No damage this time, just a good jolt to the right leg as it tried to prevent the fall.
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no - no heels please - I tend to fall over in those as I have very flexible ankles.  Not a good look.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

You have me thinking about local alehouses, Wabo! I have 15 within about a mile! Plus various restaurants. I reckon I could do all 8 in well under 3k. Must give it a try!

So, the nearest eight in alphabetical order, and removing the word "The": 
    Dog and Partridge
    Famous Crown 
    Fletcher Moss
    Head of Steam
    Nelson
    Royal Oak
    Station
    Stokers
    OH will know a few of these with The Head of Steam and Stokers being relatively new additions. To make it even shorter I could include  Saints and Scholars and Expo Lounge which are more like wine bars. And I have excluded the restaurants. 

What: a couple of km run before a sleet storm!

Why: all I wanted to do and glad I didn't do more because of the sleet! Just back in time by seconds!
    Stretches later, I hope.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good timing, Ale. That sleet is really annoying at the moment. First day without here but it's still cold and very windy. That's a lot of pubs. We have none. There used to be 4 or 5 when I was a kid but they long since shut. It's not really a German thang I guess :)

I think I missed posting yesterday somehow ...

Glad you managed to stay upright, Hazel. Very good and consistent mileage. 

I managed 2 easy walks yesterday to get my step count in. Since my foot was a bit grumpy on Wednesday I took it real easy. Today was back to my usual brisk 5.5 mile walk. I even did a few joggy bits again on grass. Yoga planned for later. 

Have a great weekend :)
  • Options
    1⁰C and snowing here
    Tired today
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Quite nice here now, albeit a cold wind. 

So, motivated by Wabo's challenge I walked to the eight nearest pubs in alphabetical order, as prescribed. Just 2.44km and I realised that I could have gone a slightly shorter way. I also hadn''t put another newish pub on the list, The Botanist, which would have made the route even shorter. I think that there is only one of my list that will open on Monday when outside hospitality is permitted. 

And take care of that foot, Chick!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - be careful
    Hazel - ahh ok, yeah I see that on P&D. Remember now why I had to "double" to get the mileage (impossible to get 11-15 in one go with work usually). Don't remember ever picking up the pace  :D
    Ale - Impressive pubbing skills. We have 3 in the village, another 3 on the periphery and add two more on if I count the village over the fields.
    Sounds like a scheme for a future run!
    Talking of pubs, Hoggett booked for Monday night - outside table, katsu burger and a few Doom bars already on pre order...

What - Easy 10k thru the woods
    Why - recovery / easy Friday
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - motivationally, today, speed wise yesterday I guess: 2 x5k one before one after kids coaching. Earlier one was more amble like, second one was more tempo but really struggled to get pace right up there. 
    lyric - no, but I can see Wabo throwing some shapes to this...

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Dustin, I was wondering how many of the alehouses your youngest had been in until I realised we have been in lockdown most of the time since she came to uni! The stagger that most, usually students, do starts at The Didsbury (big outside area as they have commandeered the village green, then The Olde Cock before a short stroll to the village. Worth a visit for a lemonade or two!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    So you see all the to ing and fro ING 
    I had to run past two that I went back to!!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Nice 10k Dustin
    Alehouse wish my pubs were so close I would have won!  I did thank the club captain for these challenges. Today helped so much! 
    Chick nice walking! 
    Hazel hope your recovery run was good, me too re heels!!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have managed the challenge if it had been your pubs, Wabo! Six of mine are on the village high street, probably 150 metres from the nearest to the furthest; one is ten metres around a corner and another is about 100 metres down a side street.
    Is there a link to the prostate challenge?