Options

Tuesday 29th June 2021 Well I saw this thing comin' out of the sky

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Well I saw this thing comin' out of the sky
It had one long horn, and one big eye

Yesterday's were I'm The Urban Spaceman, Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band

Well done team CH! Did you watch, Hazel?

You seem to be going well, Emz! Wish I could say the same. Am going to see an ex GB team doctor friend this pm and no doubt my shin will get a mention.

What: short run, long stretch

Why: shin pain
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Last night's football was amazing eh alehouse, hope you can sort your shin
    What something later
    Why I feel very tired and have to go to work
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 6/6
    Hope tonight's football is calmer!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

'fraid not Ale - I could hear quite well what was going on though...  I hope your doctor friend will have a bit of advice.

Annoying regarding the dentist and working mix ups Els. 

Does your watch have a wrist HRM sensor Wabo? They do sometimes show wierd things.  Football induced tiredness?  I think quite a few people will have the same problem here too today.  It was around midnight by the time the game finished...

Great club run emzap - well done.

What: group + x
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.2020

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Morning all, not getting these space lyrics at all!
    Well second run of the day was a slog last night, no one else turned up but since I'd got changed again just went anyway, did meet a running friend I hadn't seen for a while though so a short run together.
    Not sure about today, legs telling me they need a rest, probably yoga. Maybe try a run in afternoon.
    Have a good run all.
  • Options
    Short cycle (5k) and yoga class
    Why: probably because I had my arm twisted. Yoga was hard but hopefully beneficial.
    Lyrics no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Another one worn out by the football...had intended  to go to bed after the France game, ended up staying up through the ET & Pens. Stunning two games, I have the feeling today won't be the same....

What - double training , joining the 6.30 group (shorter session) then taking the Marathon threshold group at 7.30. The latter will be half hour jogging round. 
    Many are awol watching the footy, I'll watch the first half then run. We should have seen off the Germans by then....(My heart says that, my head has backed the Germans...)
    Why - Tuesday 
    last rest - 01/06
    last hard - today probably
    lyric - think I should...
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    els that sounds like a nice ending to the run!
    Hazel yep it is a watch thing, I switched it off and today its back to normal lol
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Well done England
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

So paid one of my GB team doctor friends a visit this pm, largely for a social catch up. I did of course mention my shins and he gave me some advice. I think he said take up cycling, darts or snooker. Anyway my own diagnosis was compartment syndrome and he agreed. Slight issues in one leg; worse in the other. Lots of stretching then ice, massage then ice, ultra sound, then stretch, then ice. Ice at least six times a day. Not sure why I haven't got an ice pack on as I type!

Well done England...both at cricket and football; however the opposition was average in both. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.