Thursday 29th July 2021 They paved paradise

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Yesterday's colour theme lyrics were Yellow Submarine, The Beatles

What: short run, longer stretch

Why: Thursday

Sorry you didn't get to race, Wabo. Are there any Assembly Leagues this year?

Yes, re-watched the Tri, Chamolk.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I think assembly League did some races alehouse. I did a couple I'm sure🤔🤔
    Morning btw
    Lyrics yes
    What 3 later
    Why Olympics has me hooked
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 24/7
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ignore that, Dennis cancelled back in march. I really we did a couple
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Really should have got yesterday's lyrics.

Glad you got to watch the tri Ale.

Shame about the race Wabo. Bit worrying about the dog plans I agree.  Kids and dogs can work but it needs to be the right animal and the kids need to know how to live with it as well.

Interesting regarding the car charging chicksta - my neighbour opposite has an e-car and his takes a while to charge by the looks of it (not a Tesla though).  

Hope you enjoyed the olympic park Dustin.

What: around 8 miles with some strides
    Why: mara plan
    Last rest: 30.03.20.

Lyrics: no again
  • Options
    Sorry missed yesterday!
    Lyrics yep.
    Still tired after long run and work yesterday.
    Baking yoga and a run with 2 friends on the cards today.
    Sorry to hear Giselle is miserable wabo but hope that's short lived.
    A dog and 3 kids sounds hard work! Guess depends on their ages...older kids may be helpful.
    Chick...hope long drive goes smoothly and funeral is helpful.
    Have a good day all.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - sorry you missed out on the race yesterday. 
    Chamolk - solid enough in the rain!
    Chick/Hazel - we changed car last week. Did think electric but a range of 250 miles (or so) plus unreliability of charging points (not in towns but "off grid") will defer that switch for a few more years.

What - 45 easy over the trails
    Why - wfh today and wanted something better than the Isle of Dogs and canal path....
    Waved at the Olympic Park yesterday on an out and back via Mile End and Victoria Park. 
    last rest - 9 days?
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yes

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Dustin: That's the beauty about Tesla. They were the only car manufacturer who did things in the right order: Establish a reliable network of fast charging stations first, then go mass-market with the cars. Ours has a range of over 300 miles which ties in with my need for comfort breaks ;) 
    I just love electric driving. The torque is insane and it's so quiet. I'm hooked :)
    For a moment I thought you ran 45 miles  :D  Then I realised it's minutes.

Enjoy your yoga, Els.

Hazel: it takes longer to charge at home - home charging is 11kW as opposed to 150-250kW at the superchargers :D To give you a comparison: I'd need 4 hours on my home charger whereas the supercharger filled the battery in 30 mins. But home charging is so practical. You just plug it in after work and it's charged the next day for another week of driving. I can charge at work too. So I have it covered. I realise it's not for everyone of course. Especially apartment dwellers may have a problem.

Wabo: Understand you didn't make it to the race. I'm not convinced that a Belgian Malinois is an appropriate family dog ... they are amazing clever hard-working dogs and you can teach them a lot. I think they are perfect for police work. But for a family with small kids? Nope. If your son is into shepherds get a white one. They are very gentle and good with kids. 

Just a quick lunchtime session at the gym for me. Wanted to be sensible. Still plenty of time left to increase the mileage. 
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Thanks for feedback about dogs everyone -chicksta cheers
    I've not heard from him today so maybe he didn't like me opposing lol
    Just back from 3 mile run made it up as i went along so a different loop to normal.
    Nearly park run Saturday 😄