Thursday 21sr October 2021 xxxxx, you've got me on my knees

Morning!

Lyrics: xxxxx, you've got me on my knees
Xxxxx, I'm begging, darling please
Xxxxx, darling won't you ease my worried mind

What: short run at least

Why: working first

Anything to report, Wabo?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Morning
    I know the name today
    Yesterday's were good grief Christina by chicory tip, not many people remember that. There's a guy from my second claim club sings that as I run past when he spectates 😂
    Bit of stress getting to the race. I decided to come home from work, chill for a bit then drive. The last half mile of the drive took 20mins😢😢. Parked up then had a mile to run to the velodrome. Nice and warmed up. Then I was told my number was upstairs, run upstairs cos time is cracking on, guy meets me and says no someone has taken then down track side (where I'd just come from).I was pinning my number on as they were telling us to get to the start 
    Start was late so all ok in the end! It's 3 laps and as it's a cycle track it's not flat. But it was very good (I've done half there so x13). Had a steady run tbh but in the last 400 metres picked off about 6 women. Felt good and then of course in the dark I had to run back to my car. It wasn't a nice run so I cracked on a bit nervous if I'm honest!  Good race, did 30.12 for 5k. Predicted 30 so I'm happy.
    Alehouse enjoy the run
    I'll have to read back later
    What couple of miles later
    Why too tired this morning
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 24/7
    Have a good day All
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning.

Well done Wabo with a strong finish to do some overtaking!  Good thing you made it to the start in time.

Have a nice run later Ale.

I remember the main motorway up Skiddaw well Dustin.

Progress sounds good OH.  Hopefully no side effects from the jab today and your computer situation will be fixed at work soon.

Well done Els on the 20 miler.

What: not sure yet - some sort of a run hopefully
    Why: Pretty windy at the moment
    Last rest: 20.10.21

Lyrics: vaguely familiar.
  • Options
    Morning!
    Sorry been AWOL...just a bit unmotivated and busy at work last week so haven't posted much. 
    Lyrics..no again though initially thought I did!
    Wabo..lots of good racing from you.
    Where's Chick?
    Emz..hope the half goes well!
    Hazel ..Im hopeful your marathon goes well despite the holiday injury!
    Dustin...it's not so bad as Peter suggests. We would have turned back if kids in any danger...they quite enjoyed doing a route which sscared their mum! Nice to be in the hills!
    Ale...good miles being put in.
    Parkrun Marshall on sat then group run with friends after where I was totally left behind so demoralising! So Sunday I ran alone and did wideford at not too bad a pace. Long run on Tues was hard and a slog...could have easily turned round and gone home at many points! But got the 20 done just v slow.
    Yesterday mainly eating too much, baking and catching up with a friend so need to get a run in now once my LFT is cooked...v high winds are on their way!
    Feels like winter here!
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Well raced Wabo
    Els - epic 20 miler!
    What - something easy & kids coaching
    Why - full of cold, feeling carp
    last rest - Friday
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yes
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    cheers all
    Els wow 20 miles! Nice one.  Enjoy the park run marshalling
    Dustin enjoy the easy and the coaching.  Wish you better!!
    Hazel, hope you have a nice run
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I've also been AWOL, sorry, busy here somehow.

Did a 20 km on Saturday with parkrun set up then run thrown in the middle. It wasn't too awful but it did tire me out!

Then physio Tuesday instead of a run. Wow my quads and shoulder were had. Turns out I've not seen her for a year!

Then a slow steady 5km this morning. My quads were sore from Tuesday!  

Thinking I may do a 10 km on Sunday...not sure yet though.

Great race wabo. Don't blame you for being nervous running in the dark.

I know the lyrics!

Well done on the 20 miles els!

Have a great day all
  • Options
    Evening!

20k is decent, Emz!

Good to see you, Els!

Sounds like you had a decent race, Wabo!

What: shortish run post work, throwing in a couple of faster sections.

Why: was plodding on tired legs so forced myself to change gear. And talking of gear, it was cold: three tops needed!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.