Options

Thursday 28th October 2021 She's my lady love

Morning!

Lyrics: She's my lady love
she is my dove
my baby love

Yesterday's: Marlene Dietrich - Lili Marlene. Lots of other versions including Vera Lynn. Today's are of a similar vintage!

We need to decide where to go with lyrics...certainly until December...

What: short run, stretches

Why: ran quicker yesterday. Warm but windy with heavy rain forecast
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Interesting how many people on here have learnt some German at school in the past.  Certainly wasn't a popular subject at mine (standard comprehensive) and it was around the time when you could avoid doing languages at all (mid 80's to early 90's).

Take some shower gel out on your run Ale?  Good to see you doing some speed yesterday.

Hope your head is better today Chicksta.

Goal is any sort of PB.. (3:26:5x currently).  Conservative would be 3:25, great would be 3:20.  I predict somewhere between the two but obviously I need to run it first.

Annoying regarding your work schedule Els.  Thanks for the ultra medical feedback.

Stable weight sounds good to me Els and Wabo.

45 minutes of running = one slice of cake Dustin?

Hope your friend enjoyed the joint run yesterday Wabo.

What: rest day runningwise
    Why: taper
    Last rest: 28.10.21
    Last hard: nearly didn't get the run done yesterday as I had a meeting dropped on me.. Was thankfully finished as planned, partly because I said that I was all geared up to go out for a run. (Thanks boss and customer).

Lyrics: no

• Options
    Ale: You would say Nochmals guten Morgen :)

German sucks - I'm glad I didn't have to learn it. English is comparatively easy, so is Spanish. French I struggled a bit more with. 

Hazel: I'm picturing you in a Teams Conference in full running gear, eager to get out ;) 

I think I know those lyrics. 

I managed to nip to the gym around lunchtime to do a fast-ish 5k on the treadie and some weights. Like Ale I rellay need to get out of my comfort zone more. 

Today was 9 miles very slow. I got my lazy behind out of bed too late so I had no time to sip my coffee in peace. Instead I quickly switched pyjamas for running gear and ran more or less straight out of bed. That was hard and it doesn't suit me but needs must. There's surely some benefit in this, at least I hope so :)
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics I think yes
    hazel my mate hasn't run for a few months and didn't walk once - 3.33 miles! Forest was getting dark when we finished. It was lovely.
    chick, well done on the running, lol I didn't even finish my coffee, it is waiting to be heated when I get home, maybe...
    alehouse enjoy the run, the weather is glorious today in Essex!!
    hazel enjoy the rest

What just over a mile this morning
    why: rest and so I can have one night where I get home early from work and do me stuff
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 24/7

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Languages was pretty good at my (very average) school: French from first year seniors, although I'd done 2 years at junior school already. Then either German or Latin from 2nd year seniors. I chose the former. 
    O Levels in both, did French to A level. 
    Both my daughters did French & Spanish (& Mandarin). Eldest took Spanish to A level. 

Wabo - well done yesterday, enjoy the "me" time
    Hazel - good to have a target. You've certainly done the training.
    Chick - enjoy the 9
    Ale - Hope you dodged the rain

What - 7 miles including 8x400 continuous hill efforts, kids coaching tonight
    Why - About time I built up a sweat...
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - that was
    Comfortably so, but certainly running ragged on the cool down...
    lyric - nope

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin I did spanish and french to a level as well, enjoy the sweat!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Afternoon!

What: run whilst re-measuring cross country course

Why: Uni relays on Saturday and am putting the course out tomorrow and am trying to get the lap to as near as 3k as possible. Saves measuring it whilst I am putting the course out!

Plus a fair bit of cross training in the garden.

Some people have the knack of languages, and wish I was one! German A level plus French and Latin O level, and a smattering of Spanish. All largely forgotten. My daughter teaches French and Spanish, and speaks German and Portuguese, also. As a hobby she is collecting different Spanish languages: Castilian, Catalan, Basque, Galician amongst others! Jealous father! Thanks for the German lesson, Chick!

That sounds a tough session, Dustin

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.