Why: leg loosener
Last hard: the scones I made yesterday evening
Last rest: 28.10.21

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning!

I know the lyrics

Off to wyre forest parkrun soon. It's absolutely chucking it down. It's where my half is next week so going to do a recce. Hope my trail shoes dry out by next weekend!

Ohhh scones hazel, yum! 

Have a great day all
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Yesterday's were You've got a Friend, Carole King

The scones made me smile, Hazel!

Enjoy parkrun, Emz! I think I am going to get soaked, also. 

What: something

Why: have to finish setting out uni relays course, run one lap of it for measuring purposes (between 3 and 3.1k), dismantling the course etc. Weather not good; and I'm not feeling great. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Lyrics - yep
    Hazel - hard scones don't sound good indeed! Don't do too much today!
    Hope you feel better soon Ale.
    Well it's wet and its windy but I was brave ( a bit) and did parkrun. It was horrible in the into the wind bits and I was slow but at least the right side of 30min, felt more scared than I do before an ultra!
    Now home to bake bread and Christmas cake.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Glad to see some yes to the lyrics..

Yes the scones aren't too great - might have to feed the fish with them at some point but ate a few (small) and OH as well.

Hope you didn't get too wet emzap, good idea to do a recce.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling good today Ale - not so great if you have to go out due to XC duties.  

Well done on braving the conditions at parkrun Els.  Enjoy the baking this afternoon, your kitchen will smell lovely.

Lucerne tomorrow Wabo, hope you are enjoying your trip to visit your mum and had a chance to do the parkrun. 

Back to more or less normal eating today - though maybe not the Sauerkraut in the fridge, that can wait until next week. (yumm!)

Pre-mara weigh in before brekkie, post-run.  53.7kg (8st 6-7) - was expecting around 55kg but don't weigh myself very often at all. 

Done the faffing around with bits of paper at last.  Next job - prepare the rubbish bag - 60l should fit.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Parkrun was done in 32:18. Got to 4km in 23:30 but the last km was a very very hilly, muddy off road track! Was good to get an idea of what may happen next week.

Well done els, you were the better side of 30 min.

Ale hope you're feeling better soon. I'm also feeling not 100%, feel like I may have eaten something bad.  Trying to kill it off with cake...

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Evening!

That last Km sounds tough, Emz! With more rain to come...

Well done on getting the parkrun d&d, Els! And well under the 30 I note!

Hope you have a decent night's sleep, Hazel! And that tomorrow goes well. Or better!

Trust your performance at parkrun was better than your football team, Wabo. And mine.

Very fortunate with the weather. A little damp when we were finishing off putting the relay course out this morning, and sufficiently windy to rip the tape in places. Then it dried up, as did my cold, and the sun came out this afternoon, and the wind largely dropped. 

What: about 7k, with one lap of the relay course to check everything in place, another lap to photo everything in place and then some more dismantling the course. 

Why: was asked to help

Having had most of the day outside, my cold reappeared not long after going back indoors. Just like yesterday.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    My performance was 100% better ale. Hope you feel ok. 
    I'll catch up properly tomorrow, I'm so flat and have had two days of long drives as well
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    All the best Hazel! Report will be eagerly anticipated!.
    Wabo travel is tiring!
    With rapidly rising covid rates here this week let's hope we can keep out of trouble and actually get away next weekend!
    Ale not fun being out in the wet with a cold. Take care. My time was better than I hoped for but not great...3rd over 60 female!
    Emz...I would probably have fared relatively better with some muddy trail..well done to you!
  • Options
    Just popping in to wish Hazel best of luck for tomorrow. Go and smash it 😊

We're having friends around but I did manage 10k earlier.

Good night 😴