Options

P&D Spring Marathon 2022

1282930313234»

Comments

• Options
    TR - that’s a very good time considering the easing off.  Sorry you’re still being bothered by the light headedness and have canned Kempton.  Agreed, no point thrashing yourself on laps round a “field”. Shame you haven’t got a return on the training but never wasted and you look to be in good shape the issue aside. Hopefully get on top of it and get a return in autumn.

Cal - yeah, NDW50, I was so close to turning up but last minute decision, probably the right one as an easy 6miler on Monday didn’t feel right so I’ve decided to take a few days of doing nothing. Good news on your hammy.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Macca - hope the rest days help, hopefully you'll be back at it soon.

Been a bit lurgified again (again), this week. Minimal commutes and trying to clear my sinuses, which will hopefully clear up the lightheadedness. My eldset has CV, we were with him Friday.
  • Options
    JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Hope the rest does the trick Macca.
    How’s the lurgy/running TR?
    No running today as I’d already put in 3 consecutive double digit runs this week.
    Tuesday: mini session on the track at lunch 4x 400m easy/400m hard/20” breather then 11M trail run in the evening.
    Wednesday: 13.1M hilly MT bimble around the Wye Valley after a big gym session. Got my dead lift up to 70kg after 10 reps at 30, 40, 50 & 60kg beforehand.
    Thursday: track 5K as 200m on/off pacing a young lad to his first sub 21.
    He’ll go sub 20 with a couple of weeks training & a good pacer. Then helping out at our club’s 5M hilly trail race last night by running the course twice: once to check the markers were clearly visible & pointing the right way still then a 2nd time with a 60” head start on the Cani-X (& 16’ on the main race) to double check + act as a hare. Finished a minute in front of the 1st runners. NE ran it & we caught up afterwards. He’s just building his mileage back up & says hi. Hopefully he’ll pop in soon.
    Got in the pool for the first time in 6 months today & managed a continuous 2K, so a good confidence booster ahead of my annual Half IM in 6 weeks. Shoulders may be stiff tomorrow but legs have appreciated the respite 😆 
    Hopefully they’ll thank me properly at parkrun tomorrow 🤞
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed, TR.
    Blimey Jools - leaving it a bit late to practise your swimming! 

Thursday was a rest/walk/weight training day; Friday was another slow 6 miles which Strava, annoyingly, described as harder than my usual effort (I think Strava must compare it to all my other activities including walks and yoga, rather than just my runs, as I can't for the life of me understand why it would be considered hard. Anyway, never mind that). 
    Yesterday, a clubmate had borrowed his mum's little car for the weekend so offered to drive to a hard to get to parkrun with another couple of his friends. He picked Bedgebury Pinetum, which is a lovely conifer plantation out in Kent (with some other stuff there - there's a Go Ape and various carved Gruffalo statues). Nice and scenic with good (firm gravelly) trails, but definitely not flat. The course resembles a deflated balloon on a zig/zag string...you start on a downhill (6-7%) before rounding a bend and then running uphill until you get to the "balloon" bit. Then it levels out (ish) before going back down the "string" part to the finish. Unfortunately, that also means a punishing uphill finish. I thought I'd paced myself well - not too hard - before I got  to that bit, but my lungs and legs just didn't have anything in them. I finished in 28:49 so at least it was under 29 minutes. (Strava decided this one was easy, despite the fact I was dying at the end).
    Hams were OK until I got back into the back seat of the little car (it was a Smart Car) for the journey home - righty ham tendon ached horribly. Still, it recovered OK once I got home, so no damage done.
    Today I decided on a 10 miler (I didn't want to go too long as I've got the next Wimbledon trail race on Wednesday, plus a 5K race on Friday) so ran down to Battersea Park, along the river, back through Wandsworth and King George's Park to Earlsfield then home via Wandsworth Common. Conditions were perfect - clear and sunny but with a nice cool breeze, so I was able to up the pace a little to the faster end of my easy range. Body didn't feel too bad at all. Enjoyed this run. 33 miles for the week so getting back to it.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Theres an autumn thread now too

Jools - good stuff, good training. Decent that you did 2k first time out too. No doubt your race i a lake swim?

Cal - good to see going better. Is that another parkrun for your total?

Easy and short commutes only last week, went a bit further yday, feels like ive got blocked sinuses which might be part of my troubles, but towards the end of todays turbo my chest ached like it did after CV, so maybe thats what scuppered Brighton.
  • Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    TR - yes...104 now. Next milestone would be 250 different ones (well, 250 total comes first, of course), known as a Freyne. But that is a long (and very expensive) way away.