Wednesday 1st December 2021 A winter's day In a deep and dark December

Morning!

Lyrics: A winter's day
In a deep and dark December

A new theme! Winter/seasonal.

Yesterday's were The Little Tin Soldier, Donovan

What: Short run

Why: working shortly
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Have a good day at work Ale - glad your jab didn't cause any issues so far.

Audio issues do sound complicated OH.  Good luck with sorting all that out.  Are you polar bear challenging this year again?  I guess it is around that time of year again?  Hope things are improving for Elspeth and her knee.

November: 210k / 131 miles. Way down on what I have been doing in the last couple of years but I think a low mileage period was overdue.  Currently rebuilding to 40-45 mile weeks. 

What: Recovery 5-6 miles
    Why: decent run yesterday and hills session planned tomorrow so easy day today
    Last rest: 28.11.21
    Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Ah - there are some spam threads on 4 flags in some of the other forum categories - I just killed off several threads by being the 5th flagger - very satisfying watching them disappear.. If anyone has a minute to deal with the others?
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    alehouse nice new theme, not sure of lyrics. Enjoy the short run and no doubt stretches!
    Hazel enjoy the recovery, you were spot on re taking it easy on last nights short run.  My body could do no more and the muscles felt tight!!
    OH lovely to see a post from you!

QoP was so painful last night serious deep breathing going on, in through the mouth out through the nose stuff, ouch
    What: short one done to collect my car, will do a couple more later
    why: I think she helped the legs
    last hard: the forearm of my QoP 
    last rest: 24/7

Have a good day all, Christmas is coming.....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - well done for getting a pre work run done. Also pleased to hear no side affects from the booster 
    Hazel - Enjoy the easy day. I reckon the lower mileage month would have done you no harm at all.
    OH - sounds way too technical for my little brain (Physics "o" level, grade B, 1983)

What - Recovery running, probable double : lunchtime (London), evening (village coaching)
    Why - wooden legs
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - yesterday. First LT runs of the Manchester Mara plan.
    2-3 mile warm up (easy paced), then 14 minutes & 12 minutes at threshold pace, with 4 easy running minutes between the two. Finished with 2 mile recovery.
    Around 15 in the marathon group, I ran in a similarly paced group of 4 (me the slowest) and aimed to keep them all within sight (50-100m) which I just about achieved. Happy with that in week 1 and averaged just a shade under 7min/miling for both. I was definitely running through lactic in the last few minutes.
    I slept well last night once I'd negotiated stairs...
    lyric - not so sure

• Options
    Back amongst the living 😊

Sorry to read about your DNS, Hazel. Hope domestic peace is restored.

Well LT'd Dustin.

Hope there's are still no side effects for you, Ale.

QoP sounds very ouchy, Wabo.

This was definitely the least fun of my jabs. Fever, shivers, joint pain, arrythmia, headache. All good now and I managed my 10k steps yesterday and today.

We're in a Lakeland region near Berlin for a few days and I left my running gear at home. I going to start from scratch at the weekend.
  • Options
    Evening!

Hope you are on the road to recovery, Chick! Enjoy the trip!

No, Dustin, no run before work! And only short afterwards due to the light, and the weather was not very appealing either. Anyway another 20 minutes in the bank. 

Hazel, I also did a little flagging!

And I am surprised no-one has said that they know the lyrics! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Ok then...lyrics...even I know them!
    Ale   glad Jag went fine.
    Chick sorry yours didn't but good you feel better now.
    Dustin, Wabo, Hazel good running.
    Hazel...shame about timing of row...hope all settled now.
    No running here but swelling and walking lots better, still a bit sore. Survived yoga yesterday so that's something.
    X Ray this morning done and reported on the spot by colleague...unfortunately quite a bit if patellofemoral arthritis. Rest of the joint looks ok for a 60 yr old! Guess need to see what happens when I try to run again. Inclined to give it a few more days though. Possibly some physio may help but long waits for that...sure I could queue jump but seems wrong.
  • Options
    I am surprised I didn't recognise the lyrics.
    Morning surgery. Aqua walking.
    Digging tatties (I know. It is December)
    Made some sponge cake for a Hot Plum Trifle tomorrow.
    Then slept on sofa 
    Going to attempt first post Covid badminton shortly ...