Options

Sunday 5th December 2021 Oh, what a night

Morning!

Lyrics: Oh what a night, 
Late...

Yesterday's were "Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!" Much covered, notably by Dean Martin

What: off to the fitness suite then a short run

Why: Sunday

Grey but dry at present. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Had a PW at park run yesterday. Legs felt heavy and I felt tired. I've been like that since i gave blood alehouse enjoy the fitness suite and have a good run
    What don't know I'm thinking
    Why need to take care
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 24/7
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    These things happen, Wabo! I'm sure that you will be soon back to normal! Are you off to The Lane? Need another good performance from Dier and Son!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Yep I keep thinking maybe it takes longer when you're older. I've not done long runs all week because of it but yesterday felt so hard.  I am indeed off to the lane. Have your team played yet this weekend?
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I see they're playing later
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes. Lucas and I are boogieing to them!
    What: very disappointing trip to local garden centre to see the Christmas display. Heaving even though we got there at opening time which was not unexpected but the service we received was so bad I complained and we got free coffees and left. But I ran home so just under 6km. Then 15 squats, 5 press ups and 25 second plank

Last hard: well it's day 5...
    Wabo if I'm running at 6 min km at the mo it's considered fast...
    Ale are you feeling completely better now?

Market yesterday was awful. I had no one look at my stall for 4 of the 6 hours... First hour was good though! Turns out they hadn't advertised again so what a surprise, no one came...

Have a great day all
  • Options
    What a nightmare re market, Em. 6 mins per k is fast for me too at the moment 🤷🏼‍♀️

Dustin: well battled yesterday. Hope the hamstring settled for your long run today.

Hope you feel better soon, wabo.

5 miles here in drizzle and sleet.

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick it's frustrating isn't it. I'm often plodding nearer the 7min/km mark at the moment. I know it's good that I'm out there doing it, but it does make me a bit annoyed!
  • Options
    Evening

Sorry about the market emzap - that is a long time.  Well done on keeping up the core work - don't know if I could manage a 25 second plank... :/

Hope you got your run in in the dry Ale.

Take it easy Wabo.

Sleet and drizzle doesn't sound nice chicksta.

Well done on the XC Dustin, be careful with that hamstring.

Sounds like progress yesterday Els.

What: just a bit short of 20k
    Why: gradually rebuilding MLR and weekly mileage
    Last hard: pacing - ran too fast as I forgot the watch (tracked via phone and didn't look at splits during the run)
    Last rest: 2.12.21

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Afternoon! Or is it evening as it is almost dark?

Unpleasant weather, Chick! But glad you got out!

I am sure that Wabo will now be feeling better, given the Spurs scoreline!

Sounds like Lucas enjoyed today's lyrics, Emz! And any running is good running, whatever the speed! 

What: reasonable session in the fitness suite and then tested out my trail shoes on a short and muddy run as haven't worn them for ages

Why: I had struggled to stand up in places yesterday; not entirely sure that the trail shoes made much difference today to be honest. 

About to watch The Foxes, and hope they can match Spurs. 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz - sorry to hear about the garden centre and market fiascos, good job with the running & exercises though
    Hazel - nice MLR
    Chick - good stuff getting out in miserable conditions
    Wabo - well battled yesterday, hope you got out today
    Ale - sounds like a decent set in the fitness suite. Good to see the trails shoes got an outing!

What - 16.3 miles on the trails
    Why - friend doing a virtual trail marathon with a 10k loop and then 2 x 10mile laps of the woods, trails and hills. I joined the first two laps knowing it would tick the "LSR" box without stressing the hamstring (well that was the hope...)
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - I suppose that was
    Really enjoyable run, pace was very comfortable "chatty" pace (~10m/miling). Muddy in quite a few places and it was bitterly cold with strong winds on the open stretches. Fortunately no side affects for the hammy, but I'll refrain from faster stuff this week. 
    Car cleaned (do people really wash the car "for fun?") and put the tree up. Bah Humbug. 

lyric - yes!

• Options
    Lyrics - yep!
    Don't worry about speed Emz, but not great re the market!
    Quite a nice morning here but already cool and darkening at 2.30pm! I ran the scapa loop again but still uncomfortable l knee, however hasn't been any swelling so that's a bonus. But I'm very scared I will have to stop running if it progresses.
    Wabo, tiredness after giving blood should recover over a couple of weeks. 
  • Options
    Sorry about yesterday's identity crisis. Still unsure about Christmas plans, R may or may not get over depending on if further travel restrictions this side, Switz has now lifted to 10 day isolation post travel.