Lyrics: Beneath this snowy mantle cold and clean
The unborn grass lies waiting
For its coat to turn to green

Yesterday's were Here comes the sun, The Beatles

What: another half an hour?

Why: depends on the weather

Enjoy Cornwall, Dustin!

Remind me what the challenge is, Emz!

Great pictures, Hazel: inspired today's lyrics! Not great for running!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning again!

What: just over 30 minutes d&d

Why: all I wanted to do. Seemed like hard work this morning. Avoided the rain!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Afternoon

Have a nice holiday Dustin. Where are you off to? Good news on the hammie.

Hard work for running Ale as not soft powder. Avg was 6:37 / km and one steep hill (the footprints one) was well over 9mins! Well done on avoiding the rain.

What: recovery village loops later
    Why: less snow
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest 6.12

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Which challenge ale, my running one or my declutter one?

Parkrun today. Just over 32 min. It's all on grass so you can imagine how slippery it is at this time of year. I was sliding all over the place.

Then went and stood in the park for 2 hours at a play date. Needless to say I was freezing by the time I got back as I was slightly damp after running.  Just about warmed up ready to stand in a carpark at 5 for a few hours....

Need to do my core and strength still.

Where is everyone today?

Happy Saturday.
  • Options
    Hazel: pace doesn't matter in snow. I'm sure it's giving you a good workout 😊

Brr, em. Not ideal post-run activity.

Another 6 miles today. The sun made a feeble attempt but the clouds won.

Nice Saturday evening, all.
  • Options
    Emz, I meant the squats, press ups and planks! Is that a challenge? 
    parkrun sounds tough...and everything after sounds tougher!

Hazel: what Chick wrote!
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale it's only my own challenge. Trying to do press ups equalling the date, squats 3x the date and planks 5 seconds X the date. I haven't done them today but have not stopped!

Have been trying to go to the Worcester cathedral Christmas tree exhibition but it was sold out (free tickets). Someone I don't know who I follow on Instagram messaged me earlier to ask if I wanted her tickets today so we did a last minute outing. Couldn't believe how kind that was! 

Some pics of our faves!
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Felt bad I hadn't done the strength stuff so did it now. 

33 squats, 11 press ups and 55 sec plank