Options

Wednesday 15th December 2021

Ups - no thread yet.  Don't have the time to ponder over lyrics right now though - sorry.  Anybody any to add?

Glad your back is improving Wabo.

Keeping up with the rules seems difficult anywhere at the moment Els.  That is not nice regarding the canteen food.  Don't blame you for wimping out of running in the dark.

Xmas markets Chickstas?  Are they still possible up north then?  Nice of your company to do the gift package.  I did at least get an advent calendar this year.

Hope the last day at work went well Ale.  Fingers crossed for January.

Tough holiday day Dustin.  I would love to see the sea again.

What: some GA miles with hill sprints and strides
Why: starting in on a P&L plan to get back to regular speed work.  Maybe working towards a race in Feb but who knows if that will take place
Last rest: 13.12.21

Comments

• Options
    Afternoon!
    Everyone busy.
    Hazel, speedwork sounds tough.
    Deliberately taking it steady to hopefully avoid falls, actually I just can't run fast!
    Clinic finished early so just been for a wee beach session, very pleasant!
    Have a good day all.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon 
    yesterdays lyrics were Only a winters Tale - David Essex
    Last night club race was cancelled, 5 positive tests.  They did have their christmas party saturday which I did not attend
    Els keep taking it easy
    hazel have a good run with the hills etc!

WHat: 2 miles d&d
    why: QoP this evening
    last hard this morning
    last rest: 24/7
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Evening!

Sorry I didn't get time to start the lyrics this morning: all rather a rush to get to work after a disturbed night's sleep: a neighbour had called the police just before 3 a.m. as there were some guys acting suspiciously. The police arrived with their sirens on so of course they jumped into a car and drove off.  Despite there being three police vehicles in the end no-one was caught. Car had been stolen and was later found abandoned I believe. 
    Anyway couldn't get back to sleep until about 5 hence the rush when I got up later!

What: short run d&d after work. Remarkably light and at 12.5 degrees, remarkably warm. 

Why: ticking over. A little tender after working had on stretches etc yesterday evening. 

Wabo: strange decision of the Premier League to force our teams to play tomorrow, even though Leicester have at least 9 players unavailable either directly or indirectly because of Covid. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Are you looking for another job in the new year, Ale? 

OMG, Wabo!! That was a near miss. We had a similar occasion at work in November. A large gathering and 3 positive tests the next day. I was glad I didn't go. QoP will inflict some nastiness, no doubt :) 

Hazel: We have the so called 2G rule apply at most things these days. You have to be vaxxed or recovered and they check your certificate. It takes a lot of fun out of events which is why many people don't bother and I'm wondering why they allow them anyway. 

Beach session sounds lovely, Els. And so does Dustin's SW coast path exploration. 

5 damp miles this morning. It's still rather warm. Video social with the girls from work tonight. We were supposed to have a meal together in early December but decided against it as non of us felt comfortable eating out. 

A bit late but here are some lyrics: 

It's winter-fall
    Read skies are gleaming, oh
  • Options
    I'm not too worried about working next year! I am supposed to be retired but this job was doing someone a favour. And I quite enjoyed it. If I am offered some work I will say yes unless I am busy doing something else!

And yes to your lyrics, Chick: thought of using them myself recently! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    Hazel - thanks for starting. Good luck with the new plan
    Wabo - sorry to hear race cancelled, but I guess that will become more frequent
    Ale - Yikes, sorry to hear about your neighbour
    Chick - nice miles

What - just 30 minutes
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - yesterday
    Slept late, then had a slow amble around St.Ives including a big lunch. Recovery run to burn some calories...