Options

Tuesday 21st December 2021 - Frosty wind made moan

Lyrics: Frosty wind made moan, Earth stood hard as iron..

Sorry bit depressing sort of lyrics but appropriate for current weather here - looking forward to a bit of a a thaw over Christmas..

Back in a bit - need to get some work done prior to a meeting at 10 am.

What: some miles
Why: depends on whether I can find anyone to run with (running out of candidates at the moment due to injury, winter hibernation and holidays)
Last rest: 20.12.21

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Silver Bells, much covered e.g.
     https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OqymsAwovco

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Tuesday

Hope that you find a running partner or two, Hazel.

I'm sure lots of people have run marathons perfectly well without speedwork, Dustin!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Right - meeting d&d..

Hope Wabo managed to perk up and get out yesterday.

Your daughter is lucky to have you to do the gardening and the mince pieing Ale.

Definitely out of order regarding workdays and not Els. 

Sounds like a plan to manage the hamstring Dustin. 

Shame you couldn't make more of the lovely day for a longer run Chicksta but better to listen to the legs etc.

Likely one running partner sorted for this evening in the meantime.
  • Options
    Good job you found a running buddy, Hazel. 

5 miles this morning. Minus 4 degrees - shock to the system! It was also a bit slippery but I managed to stay in one piece. 
  • Options
    Lyrics yes!
    Plus 4 degrees here but feels ok as no wind.
    Was resigning myself to solo town run then met a friend at shops and ended up with 11.5m country loop with her and 2 work mates of hers. Nice muddy last 2 miles. Glad you found a pal too Hazel.
    More than I had planned for but enjoyable.
    Trying to get packed up and last min food shopping.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - good work hunting down a victim!
    Els - decent mileage again
    Chick - phew, that's chilly!
    Ale - I'll be joining you with the stretches

What - club night, supposed to be 8 miles with 10x100 strides. Mine will be stride free
    Why - session schedule
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - Daughter #1 testing positive (again) and having to cancel Christmas weekend (was going to brothers in Kent for 3 days). Mrs D and I both negative.
    Covid can just f-off now.
    grrrr

• Options
    That's a pain, Dustin! Not going to plan here, either: friend that I was out with at the weekend has tested positive, although I am currently negative; and my brother phoned last night to say that his family of six are not visiting on Boxing Day as it is too risky. Just after I had done a big supermarket shop with them in mind!

Chilly, Chick! Was 4 degrees here but felt cooler when I stretched my legs this morning. 

That's quite a lot of recent miles, Els! When do you depart?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hey all

Lyrics: yes

I've been managing at least a mile a day but slacking slightly on the strength stuff. We are struggling a lot here with juggling a lot of work and Lucas at home due to positive cases at nursery. We are all awaiting PCR as a result. Even if clear we won't send him back in this week.

Fed up of all this now! Was hoping to join a charity run today but won't go unless results are back and negative. We've been so careful, the only thing we've done is nursery, so I really hope we don't get it.

Sorry for rant, just over it now.

Dustin sorry to hear it's come to your family again! Sending hugs.

• Options
    Dustin Ale and Emz sorry to hear about the positive tests and stockpiles of food as result. What a pain!!
    Got quite a few miles this last week after a rubbish few weeks with swollen knee and fall. Off tomorrow afternoon and expecting much less running but hey at least I feel knee is a lot better.