Options

Friday 21st January 2022 Anybody here seen my old friend Xxxxxxx?

Morning!

Lyrics: Anybody here seen my old friend Xxxxxxx?

What: probably a short easy run

Why: depends how I feel after physio has worked on my neck

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Hope the physio isn't too painful and you can get out for a run later Ale.

Fingers crossed for a good journey and day in the office today Dustin.

What: 11k with strides, makes a change to 14 which I just did 3 times in a row (but very different runs).
    Why: plan
    Last rest: 17.01.22

Lyrics: nope
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Yesterday's lyrics Johnny b good by Chuck berry
    Today's yes
    Hazel enjoy your run and strides
    Ale ouchy hope it is helping. Hope the run use ok
    What 1.5 later
    Why easy easy
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 8/1
    Racing 5k in the Olympic village tomorrow, might try and sneak under 30?..
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Morning again!

Enjoy the run, Hazel! I must think about some strides or fartlek soon, although it is a little cold for me and those at present. 

Race well tomorrow, Wabo: a good target to aim for! What is the course like? I thought there were a few inclines when I went to the Olympics?

What: another 33 minutes in the bank. Largely off road. HR again too high for the effort.

Why: steady running at present. About 1.5 degrees but a damp cold. Took a long time to get warm today although I had got cold going to the physio. Painful session again but does seem to be doing some good. Spinal consultant next Friday.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - good luck tomorrow!
    Ale - nicely done, glad the physio seems to be helping
    Hazel - strides always good in a run!

What - 2miles into office 1, then 4.5 miles at lunchtime going to office 2. Tube back to Waterloo shortly
    Why - saving the bus fare
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - getting up to go to work!
    lyric - yes
  • Options
    I most definitely do not miss the British trains, Dustin. I'm still cuckling at my first attempt to buy a ticket when I'd just moved over. It was 27 quid and I was like "sorry Sir, I just wanted a ticket for the day, not the week"  :D 
    We're not used to these prices here... I think my season ticket when we moved back was less than 50 quid for a month. Nice run-commuting.

Ouch, ale. I've given up on the HR monitor for now. I run on feel. Still not where I was before the jab though.

Go for it, wabo. I was thinking about parkrun tomorrow but the weather is more conducive to a longer run and set to be rubbish again on Sunday so I think I'll skip it. It's too far away to run there and I am trying to be mindful about when I use the car (even though it's electric).

Hazel: is that a recovery week then with the shorter run plus strides?

Another 10k ticked off. Rather windy and I was so slow against the wind but the return averaged 5:24 mins per k which I was rather pleased with. 

Onto my yoga mat soon for day 20. 
  • Options
    Happy Friday afternoon folks,  that was a busy work week for an old fogey!
    Lyrics nope.
    No running today but a few miles walked just now, short run yesterday afternoon too.
    Wabo, hope you break the 30m, sure you will!
    New trail shoes and a run with some friends tomorrow hopefully.
    Enjoy the weekend all.