Sunday 23rd January 2022 I've just come down From the Isle of Skye

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I've just come down
From the Isle of Skye
I'm not very big and I'm awful shy
And the lassies shout when I go by

Always think of Donaldo when I hear this song!

Well done yesterday, Wabo!

What: probably another easy half an hour

Why: ran hard in parts yesterday

Yesterday's lyrics were Hit the road, Jack by Ray Charles.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lol  yes to the lyrics, my brother's and I used to love singing this when w were kids
    Cheers alehouse, enjoy the easy. Is you neck ok
    What 3 maybe
    Why oh coming but has a sore toe
    Last hard yesterday 
    Last rest 8/1
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Neck not great and had a bad night with it, Wabo. Unusually for a Sunday I didn't go to the fitness suite because of it. 

What: 38 minutes, fairly gentle.

Why: to nudge me over 40km for the week; have only managed that twice since this time last year! Needs to happen more often! Cool and damp! Lots of layers and still never got really warm enough. 

Supposed to be a longer run with M76 tomorrow.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Well done, Wabo. You smashed it 👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼

Good to clock another high mileage week, ale.

20 miles on trails sounds like hard work, Dustin.

Just 8 and a bit k today. A little over 84k for the week. Happy with that.

And no to lyrics.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    What have you done to your neck ale?

Sorry have been awol. Have been running every day though but was not feeling great this past week. 

Parkrun yesterday. Last one at the new course as the council has agreed to let us back to the old course which means it'll get busy again. Not many liked the new course as it was a cross country one. I didn't mind it although it was very muddy and I couldn't take the pushchair if I wanted to.

Today Lucas and I went to the running show. Had a great time. Lucas ran up and down the track and when Jo pavey and company came on to do their running workshop he continued with his running... Had to go on and remove him. Then he had a great time at marathon kids and getting all the free stuff people gave him! He ran and walked about 4km in total!

Need to run later but after all that will just be a mile I think.

Oh and I won 3 months free online coaching. To be fair I think everyone won it, but think I'll try it out.

Have a great day all
  • Options
    Lyrics - yes!
    Wabo, well done, good running!
    Chick, that's a big week! Training for a race?
    EMZ - sounds like good fun for you and Lucas. Coaching worth a shot!
    7.5m with vet friend this afternoon, quite fun as we had to stop and chat to all the other vets she met walking their dogs!
    Good long trail run yesterday Dustin.
  • Options
    Evening

Well done Wabo!  Maybe more to take off that time if your stomach wasn't so happy.  Hope your OH's toe is ok.

Solid week of running chicksta and with improving speed as well.

Well done on the mileage Ale.  Just looked up what a cordon fruit tree is as had never heard the term.. There is always something new to learn.

Did the new shoes work well yesterday Els?  Shame about the coffee shop being shut! 

Hope the XC went ok today Dustin.  Good long run yesterday.  20m of trails does sound hard work but I guess it also helps that the legs/feet don't get such a pummeling on the tarmac as well.  

Good to see you emzap, sounds like Lucas had great fun at the running show.  Why not give the coaching a go if it fits in timewise and doesn't go to far beyond what you are doing now.

Thanks for the words regarding FIL.  He is 81 and had cancer of the bladder about 20 years ago and has had a stoma since.  He's pretty robust for his age, though with a few issues.  Will definitely need another op - doesn't know what yet as they need to work out better how well the blocked kidney is still working.  MIL is a bit of a problem as she has mental health issues and doesn't drive.  My OH has been at their place since Wednesday to assist mostly her.

What: progressive 20k (cut short to 15 + diversely paced 5k)
    Why: plan
    Last hard: that was - I progressed too quickly and ran out of beans.  I almost also certainly ran too hard on Friday and did too much yesterday for a good run today (only a short recovery but also walked 3 hours and turboed for 40mins+).  You have to learn from your mistakes and I wouldn't really count today's run as a fail.
    Last rest: 17.01.22

Lyrics: no but I'd love to go to Skye again.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear that about your neck ale. 
    Emzap love that Lucas running about lol! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Well done Wabo!
    Ale - nice distance tally! Neck improving?
    Emz - running show sounded like fun
    Hazel - strong session! 
    Els - sounds like a fun run 

What - Southern XC league Race 4
    Why - on the calendar
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - this weekend!
    Loosened up with an easy mile, then 5.2 miles of sheep fields and woods, although it was all pretty runnable. Didn't go too mad, "comfortably hard" so probably 20-30 places down on where I would normally be. Really enjoyed it though, nice to get a faster run in on jaded legs. Mile cool off to finish.

lyric - not a clue