Options

Friday, 18 February 2022 - Who's gonna tell you when

Morning 🙂

Lyrics:

Who's gonna tell you when
It's too late?

The wind never stopped and we had hail so yesterday ended up being a test day.

Probably going for 10 miles today. I can't hear any howling, so that's a good sign 😃

Comments

• Options
    Yesterday's hail

• Options
    Morning

Good luck with the 10 miles today chicksta - that hail would have been ouchy. Can't imagine Els' run was fun yesterday.

Yesterday's lyrics: Billy Ocean - Get outta my dreams, get into my car.

Today's: think so.

What: neglected speedwork (3 x 1200, 3 x 600 - depending on conditions will turn it into time based efforts though
    Why: need one more decent session before next week's 10k
    Last hard: yesterday's recovery - uphill against the wind felt like running in treacle and actually the wind wasn't that strong - just felt tired
    Last rest:14.02.22
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope you got the ten done, Chick! And the speedwork isn't too painful, Hazel!

What: a run at some point

Why: red weather warning. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    How odd - looks like the pic didn't upload properly. New attempt :) 

• Options
    Managed 11 miles as I felt fine and also because tomorrow will end up being another rest day in all likelihood. 

Was rewarded with a bit of sky drama 

• Options
    Morning again!

I know which picture I like best, Chick!

What: a fraction under 40 minutes

Why: enough! Was dry when I set off but then had sleet driving in my face (very minor sleet compared with the hail above). It then turned to cold rain.. Had the wind behind on the way back but as yet it is nothing like forecast. And I hope that it stays that way. 

The storm looks rough in WP's area at present. I suspect she will be taking a rest day! 

It looks like a day for watching the winter Olympics whilst decorating!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - stunning photo and a great reward for 11miles!
    Ale - a decent run given the conditions. 
    Hazel - how did the session go? Sounds a nasty one

What - 5 miles easy over the fields
    Why - XC tomorrow
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - that was!
    Obviously a big gusty and fields still swamp like (did road yesterday, not trail - was limited by time). Plenty of trees down, several over power lines, plenty of fence panels where they shouldn't be and two brick walls across one stretch of pavement....
    all good fun

lyric - not so sure

• Options
    Red sky in the morning, shephard's warning and all of that Chicksta. Nice pic!

Glad you got out in time Ale, good route choice to have the wind behind you on the way back.

Hope your XC takes place tomorrow Dustin.

Seen pics and a few videos of the UK - looks very rough.  Not surprised to see strava pretty quiet in the UK today.  Mild breeze in comparison here.

Speed went ok - hid myself in a corner to get some protection from the SW wind, meaning I ran approx 600m laps around a field of young wheat or barley (perimeter almost all firm track or tarmac fortunately!)  Just one gloopy tight corner.    1200s (ish) were pretty consistent: 5:10, 5:10, 5:11, the 600s less so: 2:31, 2:36, 2:34.
    Did get stitch after the 3rd 1200 and needed a short walk but otherwise worked well.