edited February 2022 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Train whistle blowing makes a sleepy noise
Underneath their blankets go all the girls and boys

Yesterday's were Gary Numan, Cars

What: about 30-35 minutes

Why: consistent consistency

Go well, Hazel!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes
    Alehouse have a good run
    I was so happy yesterday lol
    Managed a second run with oh in forest, really good
    What something later maybe
    Why appt at eye hospital this morning to check for glaucoma
    Last hard yesterday afternoon
    Last rest 24/2
    I don't think I've got glaucoma but Specsavers referred me to be cautious
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning, sorry bit awol, other stuff going on! Lyrics yes I think so!
    Didn't get out yesterday, filthy day but a nice 10 miles on Friday and hope to get out again today.
    Enjoy the hols Chick!
    Hazel good luck today with race!
    Wabo, did I miss hearing how baby Margot was doing? Out of hospital I hope?
    Back later if i manage to get a run in!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Margot doing well slowly slowly els. Appt for tongue tie on Tuesday. She's home yep. She's not been in hospital may been going back and forth checking her weight. 
    Nice miles Friday! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Good news re baby Margot, Wabo!

Hope that you get a run in, Els!

What: 45+ mins slowly d&d

Why: to make my highest week since January 2021. All slow and two days were very short. Hopefully an hour tomorrow which would take me over 100 miles for February, then easy day on Tuesday as my legs will need it!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Wabo, Ellie has small tongue tie which wasn't treated as fed well and no obvious problems with it. Hope all goes well with Margot's.
    Ale I did get out but had a v poor run, underdressed as had been mild this morning, bitterly cold wind impeding progress and causing brain freeze! Anyhow just over 8m done.  Well done on the big week Ale. Mine was pretty pathetic mileage wise but helped in the general scheme of a tough week.
    Waiting to hear from Hazel, and is anyone else racing?
  • Options
    Evening

Sorry was active most of the afternoon on return to get rid of the post-race buzz or I won't sleep tonight and was just out for a meal.

Will write more tomorrow but happy with 43:40.  

You do seem to be back up to good mileage on individual runs post-ultra Els - how well recovered do you feel?

Surprised that you get an appointment on a Sunday Wabo.  Fingers crossed for the results.  Good to hear about Margot.

One good run tomorrow to bag the 100 then Ale.

Massive mileage from chicksta noted yesterday.

What: 10 miles with 10k race, bit more than four walked this afternoon and 5 on the turbo.
    Why: first race with almost no Covid measures in 2 years
    Last hard: today's 10k was but did a good bit to restore my confidence after last autumn's crap marathon
    Last rest: 25.02.22

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    Excellent, Hazel! Well done! 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - decent consistency
    Chick - in case you pop in, have a lovely trip
    Pammie - Thats a lot of LFOTMs
    Wabo - glad no ill effects from the tumble. I guess they are being cautious with the eyes.
    Els - nice miles
    Hazel - that's an awesome time, well done!

What - 11 miles easy, 5 mile round trip to the pub for lunch and 3 hours of gardening,
    Why - recovery MLR, couldn't face more
    last rest - 14/10
    last hard - well that was but I guess effort wise, yesterday's Nationals. 
    lyric - nope

A bright, and breezy day on Hampsted Heath yesterday. Trains behaved so was there for 10am (first race 11am)
    Sadly had quite a few club withdrawals, just a few in each race except the Under 13 girls which had 9 of our lot. 
    Only two senior women : illness, covid and half marathons today stopped some running, but still bagged two top 50 spots.
    (one other won the Brighton Half today so missing the Nationals was justified!)
    10 of us in the Senior Men, just over 2,000 runners on the part swamp, part runnable grass course.
    First mile was a bit stop start with a few bottle necks (so a 10 min/mile) but then congestion eased and felt pretty good. 
    Picked up last lap and spent much of it going past people who were fading. 
    1584 out of 2087 but surprisingly first old duffer for the club, 6th finisher so made up the last man on the scoring team (On paper I was 8th or 9th quickest). Absolutely loved it, but a long old day...