Options

Sat 28th May - sunrise, wrong side of another day

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
Lyrics - sunrise, wrong side of another day. Sky high and six thousand miles away. Don't know how long I've been awake. Wound up in an amazing state

Working nights fairly regularly means I get to see the sunrise getting earlier and earlier, can see a faint bit of sunlight even around 3am, but I suppose it's only a few weeks to the solstice.

Haven't decided what I'll do today. Working again tonight, so had planned a rest day, but it's due to be nice weather so I don't want to pass up the opportunity. Might do something easy, might do nothing, might try and restart some stretching or core work.

Hope parkruns/any races go well

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Thanks for the lyrics, Chamolk! Unfortunately I have no idea what they are!

Yesterday's were Summer Holiday, Cliff Richard. 

What: easy run

Why: yesterday was harder

It will be a day largely spent in front of the computer, marking. Run, supermarket and garden during breaks. 

Emz: is it your race this weekend?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    Ale, that's tough on a Saturday!
    Overcast now, small group run if I can keep up as folk away/busy.
    Batch of rhubarb and ginger jam made yesterday but some disaster buns! They taste OK if you view them as biscuits but not the desired effect!
    Chamolk, was still light in the sky when we arrived home at gone 11pm last Tues. Unfortunately my stamina for late nights has gone these days!
    Lyrics no.
    Have a good day all!
    Back to work on Monday for me! But then a long BH weekend!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I'm with you, Els. I'm usually in bed by 10. Rock n Roll 😉

Enjoy whatever you decide on doing later, Chamolk.

Busy Saturday, Ale.

Hope the birthday party was nice, Dustin.

Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding a. 7 minute mile. I struggled when I had the 3 x 1600s in my schedule. I think they came out as 7:05 or thereabouts and were hard work.

I need to find some mojo 😉

Bit of a different run today. It's still wet and windy so I ran offroad on the river trail against the wind first and threw some stair sprints in on the return. The dykes are about 8.5 metres high so those stairs hurt 😬

5.5 miles in total. Plus s&c.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon - here at least.

Busy hiking yesterday and tired on return so no post

the 100k would be on the bike this year.  Not much for cyclists who train but I generally roll around slowly so 100k takes a while.  Also need to train the butt!

Nice to see the sunrise regularly chamolk - I am generally too lazy to get up to see one - unless it is winter!
    Hope you get to enjoy the nice weather before work.

I guess the marking has deadlines Ale that you can't spend more time in the garden for example?  Great work on the 10k yesterday.

Shame about the buns Els but biscuits are also good!  Rhubarb and ginger sounds like a nice combination for jam.  Hope you got your company and Peter is doing well.

I might try to keep you company for getting some speed back chicksta.  I signed up for a Company run thingy for July and aim to beat all of my colleagues so have something to work towards.  Stairs sound hard - especially for not falling on your face!

Hope the party was nice Dustin.

What: Not sure yet - maybe a recovery jog and a short cycle
    Why: quads and glutes not amused by the steep up and down on yesterday's hike.
    Last hard: scrambling around in a karst field involving balancing across narrow ridges of rock with pretty nasty crevasses/holes in-between
    Last rest: runningwise yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Just over half an hour run, gently. 

Hazel: just over half now marked, although have a deadline of 60% by midnight tomorrow. Will struggle to make it! The hike sounds challenging. 

As do the buns, Els!

Well done on the stair work, Chick!

Break from marking now to go to the supermarket. Not sure which is worse!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    elspeth fayelspeth fay ✭✭✭
    The buns aren't great that's for sure. Ah well I did try.
    Social run of just over 9 miles - windy and showery but nice to see some running friends! Peter did parkrun but was v slow. Soup and chat afterwards, just got in wowing to stay there but my prescription is ready so should go and pick it up! Reasonable day for march here, still went out in shorts, maybe not so wise! Sounds a tough one Chick!
    I took part in a sponsored 100k cycle a few years ago Hazel, BUT missed the start as got called in to work to help with an appendicectomy. Was allowed to join in the last 2/3 once I'd finished but it was a bit solitary and then did the first 1/3 unsupported afterwards, the support didn't amount to much so it was a fine enough ride but would have been better if I'd been able to start with everyone else!
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    I'd say supermarket is probably preferable Ale

Hope the jam is nice Els

Chick - if you can do 3 x 1 mile in 7:05 you could surely do one mile in under 7:00

Hazel - beating all your colleagues sounds like a good target

I'm just back in from 4 miles. It's a lovely evening here so I decided I couldn't pass up the opportunity to run in the sun. I think the fitness is coming back, as I just feel that I sometimes want to run faster and have to resist the urge as I've another month of base training - 31:40 was a compromise. Tomorrow can be the rest day