Tuesday 14th February 2023 Oh, mist rolling in from the sea

Morning!

Lyrics: Oh, mist rolling in from the sea
My desire is always to be here

Yesterday's were Mr Blue Sky, Electric Light Orchestra

Today's are lines two and three.

What: easy run/long stretch

Why: Tuesday 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning!
    Think the page went down - tried posting a few hours ago!
    What - club set tonight, 5k steady with 6-8 x 100 strides, plus a few miles before & after
    Why - Lighter longer plus gave blood last night so keeping it sensible!
    last rest - 12/10
    last hard - Sunday
    lyric - regrettably yes: this is the song equivalent of Mrs Brown's Boys - As soon as it starts, there is a stampede to change channel....

• Options
    Afternoon

Sounds sensible to me Dustin.  

I tend to get bored with slow miles all the time chicksta but otherwise agree that it could be less of an injury risk.  Hope the storm won't be too bad.

Uggh to the 10 hour day Els - hopefully much shorter today or no work at all!  Fingers crossed you get out with bouncier legs too.

What: 8 miles easy/steady post work 
    Why: plan
    Last rest: 31.10.22

Lyrics: of course
  • Options
    Afternoon!

The lyrics are not to my taste either!

Good that you are both having relatively easy days, Dustin and Hazel!

What: about 40 minutes d&d

Why: routine easy Tuesday run

Stretches etc later after some more gardening ahead of tomorrow's forecast rain. Chilly out there today. 7 degrees now; was 2 when I ran.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    afternoon 
    alehouse I am sure you did enjoy match of the day, I actually missed the game and am happy about that. Went to watch tottenham ladies on Sunday, great fun.
    hazel enjoy your steady 8, I agree about mixing it up making it more fun
    dustin ha ha I agree about todays song.. take it easy
    alehouse hope the easy run was good
    What: 3 later, tai chi done this morning
    why: why not
    last hard: yesterday only the one run
    last rest: 28/12
    didn't get second run in due to horrific traffic on roads getting me home later
    Got results back from private health screening, awful.  Collecting statins tonight. Something came up about my heart, rhr slow it said but thats the running-  all good apart from, PR intervals long and 1st degree AV block.  I don't really know what it all means but I have a whole year within which I can use the private GP call service .
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Ugh - sounds a bit ominous, wabo. I hope they can give you some explanations. 

Yes to lyrics. I do actually like that song, Dustin. Does that make me weird?

Hazel: I'm old :D ! I did more interesting stuff when I was in my 40s but mid 50s I am just happy to plod along. The plodding actually delivers surprising results. When I resumed running after being ill I would have an average pace of 7:45 (per k!! not per mile) and my long runs were maybe 5 miles. I needed walk breaks to keep the HR below 120. 

Lately I'm down to a shade under 6 minute ks over 12-15 milers without any HR drift. It just sits there between 112-119. And those runs don't tire me. 

Thanks for the reminder, Ale. Must stretch.

Another calm morning meant I did 13 miles today :)   Hopefully something similar tomorrow and then the weather is supposed to take a turn for the worse. 
  • Options
    Lyrics, yes!
    Legs still have no bounce and v stiff but did a slow 8m this morning and then a 7 mile walk with friend this afternoon followed by coffee and browse of toyshop with another friend! Well it is Ellie's birthday in March. Not decided what to get yet! A lovely mild day here. Don't suppose much I can do to help the legs recover except wait!
    Wabo not so good on the statins, I've not had my cholesterol checked ever. The first degree heart block probably is not a problem though shouldn't give medical advice online so see what your doc says!
    Chick  impressive training! My HR always seems higher than it might be so I ignore it!
    Missed yoga because it would have meant too short a gap to meet friend and after yesterday fed up of chasing my tail, but it would have been good.