Morning!

Lyrics:  If they don't mean what they say  
Ooh, they make me glad, they make me sad
They make me want a lot of things that I never had

Line two onwards and about body parts!

Yesterday's were Procol Harum with A Whiter Shade of Pale

What: 5.25km +, plus long stretch

Why: get to 200k for February, Tuesday routine 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

Go and bag those 200k Ale - decent mileage for shorter February.

Sorry to hear about the struggle at the moment Dustin.  

Thanks for the Fmail Pammie.  Hope the working night wasn't too strenuous.

Good you got some decent conditions again Chicksta.

What: don't know yet - maybe a gentle group run, maybe a few miles slightly faster than that
    Why: need to look for running buddies for later
    Last rest: 31.10.22

Lyrics: no - I had half-worked out yesterday's with a connection to Annie Lennox but then cheated.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Agh sorry I've been so absent again. I couldn't get on the page for a bit (kept coming up with an error) then the past 10 days or so we've been battling sickness bugs. 

Hope everyone is doing ok. I've got my ultra on Sunday and I'm woefully unprepared due to illness (of me and being unable to go out due to Lucas being ill).

I'll try and pop in more often again
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning
    lyrics yes
    emzap so sorry to all that, hope you will be at the weekend
    hazel hope you round up some pals ! I am sure you will
    alehouse, great distance for February!!

WHat: just over two this morning, I am going to double up and run again later
    why: I didn't yesterday too long a story, but the wheels are coming off my family it feels like
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 28/12
    car wouldnt start this morning but got there in the end, mum had a fall yesterday, indoors, possibly cracked a rib, probably I mean. Daughter ill, son on meds for BP and needs further tests for his liver.
    Blimey what next I ask myself
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Gosh wabo, that's a lot on your plate. Poor you.

Good to see you Emzap. Not so good to read about the lurgy.

Hope you find some company, Hazel. Conditions are perfect right now so I'm making the most of it.

Ale: I usually tune out at the light fandango - the lyrics are just so weird 😂

Another no to today's lyrics I'm afraid.

11.5 miles done making the most of the favourable conditions.

That's 395k or 245 miles run over 28 days in Feb - slightly higher mileage than January and less days. Happy with that 😊
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chick I am going to run whenever I can - keeps me sane!!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow great great mileage chick
  • Options
    Afternoon 

Ale great mileage
    Wabo sending  hugs you've definitely got a lot on your plate hope things improve 

Hazel thanks busy night sadly and not enough  sleep. But I shall go on.

What rest
    Why it's Tuesday  another nightshift  
    Last hard can I say last night 😂😂😂
    Lyrics very familiar should have got yesterday's  
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Good to see you, Emz! Hope all goes well at the weekend: start off slowly etc etc!

Hope the running helps, Wabo

Great running again, Chick!

Hope that you have a better shift, Pammie, and that you find company, Hazel!

Dustin described feeling very lethargic yesterday...

Nearly didn't make the 200k today as felt really rough in the night, although one advantage was I listened to one of the most exciting games of cricket ever! Felt better when I went to work but pretty grim on my run. Very slow and achy. Took my temperature when I got in: 38. 
    Then tested positive for COVIDAll advice in that regard welcome. I'm sure that it could be worse! 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - well done on the 200, and yes cricket was amazing...
    Sorry to hear about covid, hope it doesn't deflate you too much. Last time I had it - post jabs - it was barely more than a slight cold. When I first had it (pre jabs) the lethargy and tiredness were a lot worse. 
    Re Nationals, I quite liked the course, being only two laps meant very few people would have been lapped and yes it was a bit twisty, but you could see a lot of the field (ahead & behind). Parking was as I expected....
    Emz - good luck on Sunday!
    Hazel - hope you got a run in
    Wabo - wow, not having an easy time, sending good vibes your way. Running keeps you sane so they say...
    Chick - epic mileage, nicely done

What - club session of 7 mile LTP
    Why - schedule
    last rest - 12/10
    last hard - tonight
    I knew it was going to be a struggle (i did toy with 3 x 2 mile sets), but deliberately set off at something between HMP & MP. We use a 1200m loop, so around 10 laps. Quite a few of the group ran Half Ms at the weekend so there was a mix of going for it and taking it easier. was going to can it after 5 miles but once committed, ground the last two out, last one on fumes. Pace not what I wanted but better than I expected after recent sluggishness. round about 7.35 m/miling so hardly a disaster. 11.5 miles all in.
    lyric - possibly