Options

Friday 7th April 2023 I'm not going down on my knees

Morning!

Lyrics: I'm not going down on my knees
Begging you to adore me

Bank holiday for me so slow start to the day, woke up to thick snowflakes.

What: 4 m recovery
Why: something faster tomorrow maybe
Last rest: 31.10.22

Comments

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Enjoy the day off, Hazel! Bank Holiday here, also. 

What: something easy

Why: all I seem capable of!

Bright blue skies and a heavy frost. Hopefully warmer by the time I get to cricket later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    Woke far too early

Ale yes we met briefly a few forumites many who did Lfotm in Hyde Park

Met Wabo as well as  we did do a few local races

What be about 2½ miles
    Why plan 
    Last hard  Wednesday 
    Lyrics no 

Atm I think I'll probably  run 4 times a week have a few recovery days till I get used to it again.
    I have a plan to get back to Lfotm 
    Ale do you still do them.
    It'll be a few months away before I do. Will have to book time off as work every Friday  
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Pammie, last time I ran LFoM was 2019. Had planned to do either last September or November but there were train strikes! Hope to get to one across the summer...when I am fitter, I hope!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LFotM is a nice goal to work towards, Pammie.

Great you managed to meet in Berne, Hazel, Els and OH.

Els/OH: Deffo sell this as art 🎨😂

I met a bunch of people from the old sub 3:30 thread. About 10 of us did a pub crawl in Oxford in 2013 followed by parkrun the next day 🙈. Still in touch with Dubai Dave, 2old, Old for Speed and Always Aching. DubaiDave, 2old and I also ran Boston together in 2014.

Bit of a rubbish day yesterday with tummy issues. Morning run abandoned after 2 miles. Afternoon run of 5 and a bit just about worked but I had no energy. This morning was better 😊 12.5 miles progressively, starting around 9:15 minute miles, finishing at 8mm.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Managed a smidge over 3 miles 

3 minutes easy, 3 min walk
    20 x 1 minute easy, 30 seconds walk
    4 minutes walk

The main session was OK even though it was just 1 minute  runs short recoveries also think I was overdressed 

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

All sounds good, Pammie! Nice and consistent please! (Which you are doing so far!)

Progress here as well in that I today's run felt more "normal". 2.38 km out, average pace 6:34, ave HR 110; 3.01 back, ave pace 5:55, ave HR 119. Felt well in control on the way back rather than pushing things. Must compare wth a similar run or two on the same route. 

Followed by a couple of sessions at cricket in glorious weather: 16 degrees and yesterday's wind has dropped. 
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    Well done Pammie - thats a decent session
    Chick - more decent mileage (and pace)
    Ale - glad you got a day at the cricket yesterday, hopefully more again today. 
    Enjoy the easy Hazel.

What - 8 and a bit miles over thick trails , mud, water & brambles
    Why - Bank Holiday, sun out
    last rest - 12/10
    last hard - that was, not overly pacet (9mm) but the going was a bit brutal in places. 
    lyric - I think so
    Walk over the fields to the pub for lunch (eldest home for easter, youngest due back tonight), and cut the front garden for the first time in about 6 months....one garden waste bin filled already.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Cross post! Productive day, Dustin! Careful with that cross training!

Missed Chick's post: as Dustin writes, more decent mileage!