Wednesday 21st June 2023 The preacher talked to me and he smiled

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: The preacher talked to me and he smiled
Said, "Come and walk with me
Come and walk one more mile"

Yesterday's were Words, The BeeGees

What: a run at some point

Why: fitting it in around Salvador sitting, despite it being the longest day. Always find the longest day a bit depressing!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Pammie - hope the dentist wasn't too painful....
    Ale - enjoy the childcare
    Els - sounds busy, but sorry to hear about the lost flask
    WP - excellent going
    Chick - you too

What - 5 or 6 easy around the Island
    why - recovery continues
    last rest - 10/06
    last hard - yesterday's club set. Pyramid 5mins ->1min -> 5mins with 60s between each 
    Didn't go all out, just what the legs could manage after Sunday. Surprisingly the legs got better the more I ran, but pace wise was probably just a bit quicker than mara pace. 
    lyric - nope 
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Longest day = less days until it hopefully gets cooler Ale.  But I know what you mean, it doesn't feel that long ago since the shortest of 2022 to be honest.

Good club work yesterday Dustin.  

That is annoying regarding the flask Els - not cheap things.  Thick heather sounds like a soft landing for your fall at least - even if a bit scratchy maybe.  Travel well today.

Great running yesterday WP.  

Muggy here too chicksta - now regular thunderstorms don't really help.

Hope the dentist was neither too painful nor too expensive Pammie.

One running buddy yesterday evening - he picked a mostly wooded route near his farm which was nice - some gentle trails.  

What: likely some hills this evening
    Why: change from weekly speedwork this week to keep things interesting
    Last rest: 18.06.2023

Lyrics: vaguely familiar 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Omg Dustin and ale, yesterday was epic! Atmosphere was incredible and what an end to a game!!!

Anyway, regardless to say yesterday no exercise was done Monday after the hard weekend, or yesterday due to the cricket. Did end up walking about 5/6 miles though as there were no busses and had to get home!

Today 60 lengths early doors at the pool.

Els and Pammie belated happy birthdays!

Els and hazel great photos!

Dustin well done on that marathon on a tough day.

Ale how was Salvador sitting yesterday?

Have a fab day all
  • Options
    Hazel, sounds like a nice run in company!
    Nothing for me as rushing to get car packed and off, work this morning, went on a bit longer than planned then had a heap of paperwork to attend to.
    Still sunny but a breeze, believe the mainland is wet.
    Lyrics no.
    Excited to see the twins and Ellie again, and their parents and Thomas and Linn on Friday.
    Daughter had a visit from friend also called Sean, so Ellie met big Sean, gave him a suspicious stare but then half an hour later they were best of friends. Then she queries where's big Jack?
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Emz, Salvador has been in a good mood most of the last two days. He also enjoys the clapping at the cricket and joins in! Thought of you enjoying a memorable day at Edgbaston! 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    That sounds tough after the weekend, Dustin!

Travel well, Els and OH! I enjoyed the big Jack story!

Hills are what I am missing, Hazel, short sprints apart.

I imagine that you all do know today's song!