Options

Saturday 24th June 2023 Hello darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

Yesterday's were Neil Diamond with I am...I said

What: not sure yet but possibly something quicker

Why: won't know how the legs are until they get going

Nice shot of Ellie yesterday, Els...and you sound busy!

Hope cricket was good, Emz. I went to OT: start delayed by 90 minutes. Easy win after some stunning batting.

Very dark here this morning. Clouds look threatening. Will run later on.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon  sorry not posted for a few days. 

Thursday  evening  decided  to do a virtual  mile for June though cooler still a bit humid pleased I had a little  improvement  if only 3 seconds  😂

9:57

What parkrun
    Why Saturday 
    Last hard that
    Lyrics  yes

Warmer than last Saturday.  Already hot as I left at 8am
    So a case of just  getting round it was event #333 so we had some tourists  I finished with the 97 token normally low 70s at worse 

But somehow finished 80 seconds quicker than last week but last week was sluggish  
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Lovely photo of the little one Els I love her hat :)

Pammie: Great work on your mile and parkrun.

What: 80 minute run
    Why: because I can and wanted to finish at shop to get supplies
    Last Hard the Heat and humidity.
    Last rest 23/06
    Lyrics Yes

Very humid this morning and legs like lead but got the job done.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry for being AWOL. Busy couple of days. Lots to do at work and dad taking a turn for the worse meant I'm not having a great time right now.

Loved the cute baby pics ❤

Struggling with motivation 😴. No running on Wednesday, but I cycled to work and back (50k). 10 miles on Thursday, a split tempo run yesterday (20 and 15 mins) and a run with strides and hill sprints today. Rewarded myself with a splash in the lake before plodding home.
  • Options
    HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Did you get your quicker done Ale?

3 seconds on the mile and 80 on parkrun sounds great to me Pammie.  I should do a virtual mile again this month.

Well organized running WP.  80mins on dead legs is a toughie.  Take care of yourself - didn't sound great yesterday.

Sorry to hear about your dad Chicksta.  Good week of running despite the (understandable) lack of motivation.

Another fan of Ellie's hat Els.  I wish I could wear a hat - I would love a straw one but I look pretty shite in one.  Hope the midgies left you in peace.

What: classic MLR HM second half faster than the first.  Ran a bit fast on both halves actually and will likely pay for it tomorrow (long hike planned).  Nice to dip under 1:50 (excluding drink stop and road crossings, just a few seconds over with)
    Why: working on speed endurance
    Last hard: some of yesterday's cycling - I purchased a punnet of cherries and had to get those up a terrible climb at the end.  Had to keep going though as I hadn't unclicked from my pedal and was going so slowly I couldn't without falling over.
    Last rest: 23.06.2023

lyrics: no
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Evening! 

Sounds like a tough time with dad, Chick. Running (or the bike) helps!

Talking of biking, Hazel, it is dangerous, particularly to punnets of cherries.

WP: 80 minutes is long in the heat

All sounds good to me, Pammie! 

What: waited until it got to 28 degrees to run; about 15 minutes warm up then 3 X 3 minutes off 2

Why: didn't run until 5pm. Awaiting deliveries, including daughter and family moving lots of stuff for storage due to building work, plus supermarket shop. Didn't hit the paces I wanted but that is part of baking the cake, not the icing.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Pammie - well done on the mile and park run
    WP - good running 
    Ale - decent speed set, especially in that heat
    Chick - sounds like solid training to me and sending best wishes your dad's way
    Hazel - thats a solid time for training , nicely done

What - track set: 3x900 & 5x300
    Why - Saturday staple
    last rest - 09/06
    last hard - that was
    Legs still a bit sore from last week's run but pretty pleased with the splits 

lyric - no